What's new

Killing of Kashmir youth needs to be investigated: UN secretary general

shahbaz baig

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Killing of Kashmir youth needs to be investigated: UN secretary general
1676310-download-1522747720.jpg

Death toll following the protest rose to 19 after two injured youth succumbed to their injuries earlier today
By NEWS DESK
Apr.03,2018

United Nations (UN) Secretary General António Guterres on Tuesday stated that a thorough investigation needs to be conducted pertaining to the recent killing of Kashmir youth by Indian troops, reported Kashmir Media Service.

Responding to a question during the daily briefing, the UN chief’s spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said, “Civilians have to be protected wherever they are, whether it is in Gaza, whether it is in Jammu and Kashmir, whether it is in Yemen; it is a basic principle.”

India cannot silence Kashmir: PM Abbasi

“Any loss of civilian life needs to be investigated wherever they occur,” he added.

Dujarric further said that the secretary-general is very concerned about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

“He reminds that member states are responsible under the international humanitarian law to protect civilians,” he added. “The Secretary-General reiterates his call on member states to find ways to address disputes in a peaceful manner.”

Yesterday, the Indian security forces intervened in the Polo View area when demonstrators were trying to move towards the UN office.

The death toll following the protest rose to 19 after two injured youth succumbed to their injuries earlier today.

Meanwhile, the shutdown called by Joint Resistant Leadership (JRL) to mourn the killing of people by Indian forces entered its third day.

Indian authorities deployed troops and police personnel to prevent people from staging protests against the killings apart from placing resistance leaders, including Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Muhammad Ashraf Sehrai and Muhammad Yasin Malik under house arrest.

Separately, the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) condemned the killings committed by the Indian army in IOK apart from stressing to solve this crisis with the help of the international community, reported Express News.

OIC Secretary General Dr Yousaf said, “OIC condemns Indian army’s brutality in IOK. India has martyred twenty Kashmiris.”

“India should allow OIC to visit IOK,” he added.

Resolution condemning Indian brutalities in held Kashmir tabled in PA

Dr Yousaf offered his condolences to the family of the martyrs and stated, “The international community will work towards solving the Kashmir crisis.”

He further added that this problem should be solved according to the will of Kashmiris and United Nations’ resolution.

“Any loss of civilian life needs to be investigated wherever they occur,” he added.
A statement of fact , happens worldwide.
“He reminds that member states are responsible under the international humanitarian law to protect civilians,”

Another statement of fact , universal law.
OIC Secretary General Dr Yousaf said, “OIC condemns Indian army’s brutality in IOK. India has martyred twenty Kashmiris.”

“India should allow OIC to visit IOK,” he added.

OIC is not even worth the spellings it takes to name it. About as useful as a pair of teats on a bull - just hanging around

Time for bharatis to start whining and crying on this thread.

Integral part ... crying.... supa puwa..... crying.... atoot ang..... crying.....

Well who is stopping U.N... they are not bound to bow to India... you can also send your troops to liberate Kashmir as India did in 71 for Bangladeshis...

You have beaten INDIA in 4 wars as per ur records (48, 65, 71 and Kargil)... why you haven't liberated them then...

My point is clear on Kashmir... it is really hard to get back the lost part, until Pakistan's economical breakdown... similarly for India... so let us ( both India and Pakistan) keep playing the game in Kashmir till things are decided...

There are several international stars who keep doing lip service...

Well who is stopping U.N... they are not bound to bow to India... you can also send your troops to liberate Kashmir as India did in 71 for Bangladeshis...

You have beaten INDIA in 4 wars as per ur records (48, 65, 71 and Kargil)... why you haven't liberated them then...

My point is clear on Kashmir... it is really hard to get back the lost part, until Pakistan's economical breakdown... similarly for India... so let us ( both India and Pakistan) keep playing the game in Kashmir till things are decided...

It is UN that wants to investigate your crimes. Not us.

And your point is that of any land grabber. Just leave what I have grabbed and move on.

Every land grabber says that.

FATF should be stationed in Kashmir while the plebiscite takes place.

Is any mainstream media reporting this ?

It is UN that wants to investigate your crimes. Not us.

And your point is that of any land grabber. Just leave what I have grabbed and move on.

Every land grabber says that.

Read the post carefully... I said... Who is stopping U.N...

Land was grabbed in 47 when wolves attacked Kashmir after it decided to be a part of India... rest is history...

We are just handling the terrorists on our soil... as Pakistan did...

Read the post carefully... I said... Who is stopping U.N...

Land was grabbed in 47 when wolves attacked Kashmir after it decided to be a part of India... rest is history...

We are just handling the terrorists on our soil... as Pakistan did...

UN would do what it has to

AS for grabbing land. Hell like situation in IOK and peace and tranquility in AJK is a proof who is the real land grabber.

UN would do what it has to

AS for grabbing land. Hell like situation in IOK and peace and tranquility in AJK is a proof who is the real land grabber.

Your AJK is my P0K... My Kashmir is your IoK... we cannot accept each others stand on this point...

But you are getting selective while replying to my question...

why don't you send your troops to liberate Kashmir as India did in 71 for Bangladeshis...

Good. I hope UN does something more concrete than a simple statement. We need to do more on individual and national levels.
Yeah agree... We should do properly now..
I would like to see international media right there at IOK under UN observation specailly with china and US..

Indian filth and propoganda would be discovered under the white snow.

Back
Top Bottom