What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

Sometimes they say Paris, sometimes they say New york & now they are saying Delhi, looks like the standard kept feeling, WTF. We have tons of idiots in Pakistan & unfortunately those idiots are running Pakistan.

Well I do remember some members of Ajoka who had visited Delhi last year saying "Delhi is like Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi combined and then making the combined city much more modern". I do believe that with time, Pakistani cities will get better. Delhi receives huge budgetary funds each year which makes it a good city. To give an example, just the Delhi Jal Board (water department) budget last year was at $700 million.

I am going to Delhi for the last One Day Match :yahoo:, all suggestions for entertainment from Delhites would be highly appreciated?

Cheers

Would like to hear about your experience in India. By the way for which other cities have you got your visa?

Given a chance I would like to visit Lahore

Would like to hear about your experience in India. By the way for which other cities have you got your visa?

Given a chance I would like to visit Lahore

Will do, and i only applied for the visa to Delhi due to time constraints. Inshallah next time i am going to go to Goa and Darjeeling. But on topic, where are my fellow Delhites? Suggestions please.

Have all of those, wide roads= LRR , spread out metro network= Rapid Bus Transit phase 1 27km long 90% complete (can later put train tracks on the route to make it a rail system), Phase 2 construction starts soon, flyovers= tons of them ranging from 1 to 8 Km long, the only things missing in Lahore are; a world class airport (current one is over crowded already) and tall skyscrapers.

No mate BRT cannot be compared to a 190 km long metro rail system as in Delhi
Even tier 3 Indian cities are getting monorail/BRT nowadays

In Road infra,Flyover and Buses...No South Asian city can be compared to Delhi

BTW i will like to see the developed side of delhi.

posted by me on another thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#post3533310
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#post3533401
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#post3533409
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#post3533475

our minister should know lahore is the only city facing massive development in its history and his CM wants to make it istanbul of south asia and he comparing lahore with delhi :mad: :P

????

No You Cant Compare Islamabad with delhi!! islamabad was city build from scratch and planned to be capital, it doesnt have historical sites like delhi or Lahore and has less population!
Lahore Should be Compared with Delhi And Karachi With Mumbai Even though we dont have metro Trains!! Cities are comparable.

Not comparable....look at Airports,Skyscrapers,Bus transit...

No mate BRT cannot be compared to a 190 km long metro rail system as in Delhi
Even tier 3 Indian cities are getting monorail/BRT nowadays

In Road infra,Flyover and Buses...No South Asian city can be compared to Delhi
Considering that our economy is totally crap and we are at war, our cities aren't doing that bad either, of course it will take time to catch upto Delhi/Mumbai but we are slowly getting there, btw Mumbai looks excellent in those pics.

No, preserve old Lahore but improvement is on going process. High rises doesn't mean development. For that you have Karachi. You have something that no one has in SA. :tup:

Old Lahore is beautifully preserved but Lahore should get a decent skyline in near future.

Well I have always heard something exactly the opposite about N.Delhi :what: ... Watching Indians criticizing it a lot half the time ... Can any Indian shed light on recent developments ?

Just goes to show the fools that run Pakistan and their line of thinking, complete goons. Rarely do they ever say anything intelligent. There is no point in even trying to defend such idiotic remarks.

Well I have always heard something exactly the opposite about N.Delhi :what: ... Watching Indians criticizing it a lot half the time ... Can any Indian shed light on recent developments ?

Delhi metro

192.7 km length and 142 stations operational
190 km under construction

del1.jpg

6223582232_bb51431298_b.jpg

16-06-huda-cc.jpg

Delhi Airport terminal 3-its huuuuge

"Opened in 2010, Terminal 3, a state-of-the-art and integrated future terminal is the 8th largest passenger terminal. It occupies an area of 540,000 m2 (5,800,000 sq ft), with a capacity to handle 36 million passengers annually."

4798401408c41e881c90b.jpg

22527379898365428083217.jpg

Depends which area you are visiting.....Purani Delhi is a mess when it comes to traffic but got its own charm if you are into the bygone days.

I am going to Delhi for the last One Day Match :yahoo:, all suggestions for entertainment from Delhites would be highly appreciated?

Cheers
A good start would be
Tourists Spots near DMRC Stations
:: Welcome to Delhi Tourism:: Official Website of Government National Capital of Delhi ::
+ Wimpy @ Connaught place :smokin:

For a food guide Restaurants in Delhi, Gurgaon & Noida (NCR), Delhi Restaurants, Gurgaon Restaurants, Noida Restaurants | Zomato NCR

dont know what aspect he is talking about i am all for matching Dehli metro.

also we can include new airport

Back
Top Bottom