What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

The World's Top Airports - ranking 1 to 20

The results shown below show the final Global Airport Rankings in the World Airport Awards.

1)Incheon International Airport
2)Singapore Changi Airport
3)Hong Kong International Airport
4)Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
5)Beijing Capital International Airport
6)Munich Airport
7)Zurich Airport
8)Kuala Lumpur International Airport
9)Vancouver International Airport
10)Central Japan International Airport
11)London Heathrow Airport
12)Copenhagen Airport
13)Auckland International Airport
14)Tokyo International Airport Haneda
15)Frankfurt Main Airport
16)Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
17)Narita International Airport
18)Abu Dhabi International Airport
19)Kansai International Airport
20)Sydney Airport

The World's Top 20 Airports in 2012

From the same link

Delhi International Airport enjoys success being voted the world's Most Improved Airport

World's Most Improved Airport

2012 Winner Results

1. Delhi International Airport

2. Ankara Esenboga Airport

3. Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport

4. Sydney Airport

5. Recife International Airport

© 2012 Copyright Skytrax

Delhi International Airport wins the top award for the world's Most Improved Airport at the 2012 World Airport Awards

Delhi International Airport has been named as the World's Most Improved Airport in 2012, at the World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Vienna.

"Coinciding with the opening of the new Terminal 3, there has been a significant improvement in product standards for passengers travelling into Delhi International Airport. The enhanced airside transit service, and better shopping and dining options has really improved the passenger experience and Delhi International Airport now provides a most competitive international standard" said Edward Plaisted, Chairman of SKYTRAX.

Other top contenders for the World's Most Improved Airport award were Ankara Esenboga Airport in 2nd place, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport 3rd, Sydney Airport in 4th place and Recife International Airport in 5th.

Delhi International Airport enjoys success being voted the world's Most Improved Airport

what's there in Islamabad that Delhi doesn't has ??

Beauty, Planning, Only One signal to reach destination one to two (doesn't matter how many KMs)... Standard!! These are the things which attracts million Pakistanis towards the capital..

This is The Airport of Raipur. Tier IV city of India

13848311.jpg

49177403.jpg

and this is Lahore Airport

Allama_Iqbal_Airport,_Lahore.jpg

it is clear the Lahore Airport is not even comparable to Tier IV cities of India to dilli to abhi door hai :D

Lol, how exactly from pictures you found that Lahore Airport is not even close your so called Tier IV cities? btw comparing a city from a airport is just pure stupidity... you can enjoy urs..

Beauty, Planning, Only One signal to reach destination one to two (doesn't matter how many KMs)... Standard!! These are the things which attracts million Pakistanis towards the capital..

lol Kashmir is more beautiful than any S Asian city but is it developed? Noida, Gurgaon etc are panned part of NCR, even Dwarka inside the capita is planned. Old Delhi because of its history and essence is left untouched but attracts lots of tourists.
standard of living of an avg Delhiite is much greater than an avg islamabadi or lahori or karachiite. period.

Islamabad attracts people from all over pakistan but Delhi attracts people from all over the world.

Lol, how exactly from pictures you found that Lahore Airport is not even close your so called Tier IV cities? btw comparing a city from a airport is just pure stupidity... you can enjoy urs..

if you are not stupid then you would know that i was just comparing the airports. some things are implied

lol Kashmir is more beautiful than any S Asian city but is it developed? Noida, Gurgaon etc are panned part of NCR, even Dwarka inside the capita is planned. Old Delhi because of its history and essence is left untouched but attracts lots of tourists.
standard of living of an avg Delhiite is much greater than an avg islamabadi or lahori or karachiite. period.

Islamabad attracts people from all over pakistan but Delhi attracts people from all over the world.

if you are not stupid then you would know that i was just comparing the airports. some things are implied

U gave me examples of many cities, but Islamabad is package of all.. Standard, Planning, & Beauty. And Islamabad people Standard is way higher then Dehli... n I am not talking about one place, i am talking about complete Islamabad.. Yes I agree today Islamabad don't attract people from all over the world, but that only means people might don't know or are scared because of Security Situation overall Pakistan..

U gave me examples of many cities, but Islamabad is package of all.. Standard, Planning, & Beauty. And Islamabad people Standard is way higher then Dehli... n I am not talking about one place, i am talking about complete Islamabad.. Yes I agree today Islamabad don't attract people from all over the world, but that only means people might don't know or are scared because of Security Situation overall Pakistan..

dude Population of Islambad is just 11 lakhs compared to 2 crore of NCR so comparison b/w the two is insane

even with this less population per capita income of Islamabad is lower than Delhi

Islamabad contributes 1% to Pakistan GDP so this makes its GDP roughly equal to 2 billion USD in nominal terms.
2 billion divide by 1.1 million is equal to 1818 USD

whereas per capita income of Delhi is 3300 USD

Lol comparison btw Delhi and Pakistani cities is insane. Delhi alone houses 4%of worlds IT offices and is housing many billionares. Lahore first needs to get an airport that is comparable to cities like lucknow and raipur. Then we talk. The have no brt, metro and monorails in Pakistan. Their railways have 50 working engines. This a much backward country.

From the same link

World's Most Improved Airport

Delhi International Airport wins the top award for the world's Most Improved Airport at the 2012 World Airport Awards

Delhi International Airport has been named as the World's Most Improved Airport in 2012, at the World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Vienna.

"Coinciding with the opening of the new Terminal 3, there has been a significant improvement in product standards for passengers travelling into Delhi International Airport. The enhanced airside transit service, and better shopping and dining options has really improved the passenger experience and Delhi International Airport now provides a most competitive international standard" said Edward Plaisted, Chairman of SKYTRAX.

Other top contenders for the World's Most Improved Airport award were Ankara Esenboga Airport in 2nd place, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport 3rd, Sydney Airport in 4th place and Recife International Airport in 5th.

most improved not world's best air port

Your Lahore Airport is a prison Building like Concrete block,while our airports are modern energy efficent Glass and steel Buildings....End of comparison!!

Lahore has it own unique historic character. It must not be changed to look like any other city in the world.

Here's Indian journalist Hindol Sengupta on his impressions of Pakistan:

Yes. Yes, you read right. The roads. I used to live in Mumbai and now I live in Delhi and, yes, I think good roads are a great, mammoth, gargantuan luxury! Face it, when did you last see a good road in India? Like a really smooth road. Drivable, wide, nicely built and long, yawning, stretching so far that you want zip on till eternity and loosen the gears and let the car fly. A road without squeeze or bump or gaping holes that pop up like blood-dripping kitchen knives in Ramsay Brothers films. When did you last see such roads? Pakistan is full of such roads. Driving on the motorway between Islamabad and Lahore, I thought of the Indian politician who ruled a notorious —, one could almost say viciously — potholed state and spoke of turning the roads so smooth that they would resemble the cheeks of Hema Malini. They remained as dented as the face of Frankenstein's monster. And here, in Pakistan, I was travelling on roads that — well, how can one now avoid this? — were as smooth as Hema Malini's cheeks! Pakistani roads are broad and smooth and almost entirely, magically, pot hole free. How do they do it; this country that is ostensibly so far behind in economic growth compared to India? But they do and one of my most delightful experiences in Pakistan has been travelling on its fabulous roads. No wonder the country is littered with SUVs — Pakistan has the roads for such cars! Even in tiny Bajaur in the North West frontier province, hard hit by the Taliban, and a little more than a frontier post, the roads were smoother than many I know in India. Even Bajaur has a higher road density than India! If there is one thing we should learn from the Pakistanis, it is how to build roads. And oh, another thing, no one throws beer bottles or trash on the highways and motorways.

Haq's Musings: Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan

Next time,cook up more grandiose lies like 'Pakistani space program ahead of India'than this BS

Roads...........:rofl:

Hyderabad Ring Road

HyderabadORR.jpg

And about 'Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan' BS

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/198359-indian-journalists-writers-share-eye-opener-stories-pakistan-visits.html#post3269494

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

Impressed with the infrastructure development of the national capital, a visiting Pakistani provincial minister today said Lahore should be developed on the lines of Delhi.

Minister of Food in Pakistan's Punjab province Abdul Gafoor Khan Mayo, while addressing a function at Adarsh Public School, said he was "greatly impressed" with the development taking place in Delhi.

Known as Moonlight Public School during pre-partition days, the Adarsh Public School used to function at Lahore.

The minister said he is yet to visit such a developed city where one can find wide roads, spread out Metro network, flyovers and vast greenery, a statement from Parliamentary Secretary to the Delhi Chief Minister, Mukesh Sharma said.

The Minister, praising the functioning of democracy and sense of secularism in India, said there was a need for further strengthening people-to-people relations in the two neighbouring countries.

He said that the Punjab government there would feel honoured to invite Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma to Lahore, the statement said.
FILED ON: DEC 28, 2012

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister | news.outlookindia.com

WTF????
its from an indian source so its authenticity is questionable but if true then this guy has gone nuts.
This is another sign how this gov is incompetent.

Your Lahore Airport is a prison Building like Concrete block,while our airports are modern energy efficent Glass and steel Buildings....End of comparison!!

Lol, you urself defending your case and also putting up judgement? what a insanity....

Concrete Block was old standard for airports you can see all old airports are build on concrete for stability as that time due to the airport sound these junks pipes/glasses were not that strong enough to support airport. This only means your small cities just got airports before they used to call donkey cars as airplane while Lahories new airport and planes way before... you need to learn basics or quality of the airport. The airport flight take time... even thinking about comparing the airports... There is huge science for standards to be maintain at airport. But why a illiterate person will think before speak.

Next time,cook up more grandiose lies like 'Pakistani space program ahead of India'than this BS

Roads...........:rofl:

Hyderabad Ring Road

HyderabadORR.jpg

And about 'Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan' BS

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/198359-indian-journalists-writers-share-eye-opener-stories-pakistan-visits.html#post3269494

There is a quote for the people like you "Khonway k maindak"

Lahore Ring Road

Lahore-ring-road.gif

Standard of Interior at Lahore Airport is probably similar to Ahmedabad.

Back
Top Bottom