What's new

Lahore women college bans jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of those jeans are probably made in pakistan, so no need to go a website.

The Ban on the jeans was due to the safety of the students.

Taliban made a threat, to the college, saying they will harm the students. This step was taken by the authority for the safety of the students.

Just cause the western drinks, should the muslim's start drinking??

Nobody is blaming the college authorities. But instead of speaking out against the Taliban terrorizing people you are trying to justify the ban because you think its part of your culture. Well if it is, the government or the college authorities will order it at their own discretion. Here they did it because they didnt want a gun pointed at their heads.

I think some people on this thread need to be educated on Individual freedom.

Zob:

I dont think any poster have said that this is a bad thing, at least not yet.

Captain03:

Instigate what?

But they changed that due to terrotist threat, now is this a bad thing becuase ordinaryPakistanies have to change thier lives due to threat from within or is it a good thing that Pakistanies are adapting to what situation requires or merely authorities are forcing a law that was already there?

Not need to get agitated !!!

Oh But the principal of the college says it was not due to any threat.

The decision was already taken a year back.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

LAHORE: The Kinnaird College (KC) administration has banned the students from wearing jeans or other tight dresses in the wake of possible terrorist threats. The college has imposed a strict dress code that only allows students to wear Eastern dresses such as shalwar qameez or loose trousers. Dupatas have been made mandatory.

KC Vice Principal Nikhat Khan told Daily Times the measures were in line with a government notification, and had no connection with rumours about burqa-clad women issuing warnings to students. She said jeans and tight dresses were banned on college premises since years but the new principal was unaware of the ban and girls were using this to their advantage.

Students reported an atmosphere of fear after the introduction of rules that barred students from wearing dresses of their choice. afnan khan

:enjoy:
The link to the story on DT's website

KC Lahore imposes ban on jeans after alleged threats

LAHORE: The Kinnaird College (KC) administration has banned the students from wearing jeans or other tight dresses in the wake of possible terrorist threats. The college has imposed a strict dress code that only allows students to wear Eastern dresses such as shalwar qameez or loose trousers. Dupatas have been made mandatory. KC Vice Principal Nikhat Khan told Daily Times the measures were in line with a government notification, and had no connection with rumours about burqa-clad women issuing warnings to students. She said jeans and tight dresses were banned on college premises since years but the new principal was unaware of the ban and girls were using this to their advantage. Students reported an atmosphere of fear after the introduction of rules that barred students from wearing dresses of their choice. afnan khan

sh*t!!!

Kinnaird is the best place to be in lahore:hitwall: Kidding:cheesy:

Seriously, I f anyone thinks Pakistan is backward and fundamentalist country..Come visit Kinnaird College...:enjoy: You'll get to see the style of ur life :rofl::rofl:

Nobody is blaming the college authorities. But instead of speaking out against the Taliban terrorizing people you are trying to justify the ban because you think its part of your culture. Well if it is, the government or the college authorities will order it at their own discretion. Here they did it because they didnt want a gun pointed at their heads.

They are speaking out against the taliban, there are protests going around in lahore. Military action is being taken against taliban. It's just precautions taken for the saftey of the students

The link to the story on DT's website

KC Lahore imposes ban on jeans after alleged threats

LAHORE: The Kinnaird College (KC) administration has banned the students from wearing jeans or other tight dresses in the wake of possible terrorist threats. The college has imposed a strict dress code that only allows students to wear Eastern dresses such as shalwar qameez or loose trousers. Dupatas have been made mandatory. KC Vice Principal Nikhat Khan told Daily Times the measures were in line with a government notification, and had no connection with rumours about burqa-clad women issuing warnings to students. She said jeans and tight dresses were banned on college premises since years but the new principal was unaware of the ban and girls were using this to their advantage. Students reported an atmosphere of fear after the introduction of rules that barred students from wearing dresses of their choice. afnan khan

Read it again.....

I think some people on this thread need to be educated on Individual freedom.

Not only on this board but some known organizations in your own country too need not little but alot of education on individual freedom.

The case of the attack on girls at a pub in Mangalore, India for wearing Jeans is still afresh.

South India is another example where women and girls are not familiar with Jeans due to same mentality which taliban are forcing on us here. The same mentality prevails in South India too.

The dress discrimination against women is not new. They were subjected to the same during Nazi rule in Germany too.

So let us not be biased and blind to link it to taliban only.

Every country has its own taliban.

so what i understand from my INDIAN people fateh and so on is that in order to be progressive and "libreal minded" we need to allow all this stuff.....well see when muslims ruled the world the world copied muslims....this was followed by the renicenoncous....when the world was going through dark ages muslims had places like baghdad and spain where people came to learn culture manner attiqutes...but fair enough now the world is ruled by the west in every field so i guess stripping and skimpy clotihng defines progress!!!

There are some narrow minded ppls who impose this kind of rules against only womens, which is utter nonsence till some extent. As far as the case of "attack on girls at a pub in Mangalore, India for wearing Jeans" for your information its was not about wearing jeans, read the below artical if possible or just take a glance on some part, will be able to find the reason:-

"In a case of moral policing, members of a right wing Hindu group allegedly assaulted boys and girls in a Mangalore pub accusing them of behaving in an “obscene manner”.

Ten suspected activists of Sri Ram Sena were arrested and remanded to judicial custody till January 27 today on charges of assaulting the guests of the pub last night, police said today.

“About 15 to 20 activists, reportedly belonging to Sri Ram Sena, barged into the pub late last night and assaulted boys and girls dancing there,” Inspector General of Police (Western Range) A M Prasad told PTI here.

Even the girls were not spared by the agitated activists who chased and thrashed the victims when they tried to flee from the pub on the busy Balmatta Road in the heart of the city, eyewitnesses claimed.
The incident was immediately condemned by the opposition Congress and the state National Commission for Women which promised to take suo moto action against the culprits while the ruling BJP said it was sure that the State government will take strict action against the guilty.

Prasad said the attackers accused the pub owner of allowing the boys and girls to dance and act in an “obscene manner”. No damage has been caused to the pub, he added.

Terming the incident as “unfortunate, Karnataka NCW member Nirmala Venkatesh said the attackers had badly beaten victims especially girls and suo moto action will be taken against them. There were also allegations of some of the girls being molested.

“Those people (attackers) simply came in and started beating the girls. It was a bad scene. Our waiters tried to stop them but they did not listen and kept assaulting the girls,” pub owner A Krishna said"

And even this case it is like these so called or self proclaimed"Sri Ram Sena" should be punished Severely.:angry:

What if she decides to wear mini skirts in the middle of Lahore. That is not allowed in Pakistan. We are going to keep Pakistan a Muslim state whether you like it or not.

Theres still some girls in Pakistan who wear jeans in public, no one is stopping them but if its too revealing then she must cover up and respect the society she lives in. In this college they made it a law to ban jeans and I support it because I love my culture and for me culture is shalwar kameez.

And please learn how to spell.

Thats your definition of culture, what abt someone whose culture it is to wear a saree (too revealing)?

following your definition of your culture - freedom of choice.

You telling others what they 'must do' as per your idea of morality - taliban.

You seem to be arguing that in a muslim country even non muslims have to follow islam - bigotry.

Thats your definition of culture, what abt someone whose culture it is to wear a saree (too revealing)?

following your definition of your culture - freedom of choice.

You telling others what they 'must do' as per your idea of morality - taliban.

You seem to be arguing that in a muslim country even non muslims have to follow islam - bigotry.

your getting the wrong impresion here, no one is forcing any minorities to follow the way of islam. There are a few, that have ill intentions, and then again they are in every corner of the world.

If a hindu, Christan or evan a muslim women wants to wear a pant, or a saree in public no one will stop them. A College has a uniform and a dress code. the women in that college were not allowed to wear pant's in that college, the new administration was lenient and let the students, wear what they liked. Just for the safety of the students, they told the students to follow the old dress code.

seriously why is this even in the news ? every school has a dress code they're only going by the rules in my high school we had no uniform we could wear whatever we wanted but still had a dress code in that girls were banned from wearing skirts that went above their knees and large hooped earings aswell as sweat pants/jogging trousers were banned for everyone yet nobody had a problem with it lol media didn't report about mini skirts banned in our high school this is so minor and it seems to be big news to pak media.People here seem to be making a big deal out of nothing it's not an attack on their freedom but enforcing the rules that were already there anyway outside of school they can wear jeans till their heart's content.

seriously why is this even in the news ? every school has a dress code they're only going by the rules in my high school we had no uniform we could wear whatever we wanted but still had a dress code in that girls were banned from wearing skirts that went above their knees and large hooped earings aswell as sweat pants/jogging trousers were banned for everyone yet nobody had a problem with it lol media didn't report about mini skirts banned in our high school this is so minor and it seems to be big news to pak media.People here seem to be making a big deal out of nothing it's not an attack on their freedom but enforcing the rules that were already there anyway outside of school they can wear jeans till their heart's content.

Well times of india, spiced it up a bit, and twisted it around, to make it a propaganda.

When you read the times news(pakistani Source), its a diffrent story.

your getting the wrong impresion here, no one is forcing any minorities to follow the way of islam. There are a few, that have ill intentions, and then again they are in every corner of the world.

If a hindu, Christan or evan a muslim women wants to wear a pant, or a saree in public no one will stop them. A College has a uniform and a dress code. the women in that college were not allowed to wear pant's in that college, the new administration was lenient and let the students, wear what they liked. Just for the safety of the students, they told the students to follow the old dress code.

I agree, but pls see my post in the context of what mr taliban is saying, to whom i replied. I've already said colleges have every right to decide uniform / dress code, but mr taliban here is going on abt his idea of culture and how its binding on all, it can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom