What's new

late entry of birth and the US/Canadian visa

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

I wanted to apply for the US visa and I don't know what that visa category is exactly called but for the sake of this discussion I would call it spouse/fiance visit visa. I have one problem. I have found some days ago that my date of birth is not registered in local union council when I was born. I remember when my cousin applied for Canadian study visa some years ago I came across information that late registration of birth is not accepted.

The O-Level equivalence certificate issued by IBCC, CNIC and passport all have my date of birth mentioned on them. Late registration of birth using proper channel is not an issue. The issue is if the embassy accepts late registration or not. Some persons I have talked to all have given me contradictory information. For instance, yesterday I went to visit a union council secretary with my uncle and the secretary told us that two years ago many embassies didn't accept late registration but now they don't have any issue with the late registration. On the other hand, some persons have said that late registration is not accepted.

Seriously, I'm very much confused and have spent my entire last week searching this subject but no outcome. Now, I need you to guide me. Please tell me what I should do. Thank you very much.

Regards
HA

PS: Though I have described the above case using "I", it has not much to do with "me". Actually my brotherly cousin is going through this issue. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom