What's new

Launch failures common: Experts

no lol your scientists are wasting money of poor people

U needn't worry either about our poor or our money.

Talking of our scientist ,the same guys were the toast of the town after the success of Chadrayan-1.Even few of u guys didnt forget to congratulate them at that time .

it's the first time india lunch with her indigenous cryogenic engine,so it's very normal .i don't know if other 4 countries (U,F,R,J) have the similar experience ,CZ-3C also failed the first lunch in 1996

good luck next time

Thanks aimarraul,
few posts break the dead lock, the above i am quoting is one of them. Good work. Hope we will have good discussions next time. China's achievements are outstanding and exemplary for India. More we will learn from each other and cooperate, more Asia will become a secure and prosperous region to live.
Regards

is it confirmed that the Main Cryogenic Motor did ignite and was working normaly where as the the malfucntion happened only with the Vernier Thrusters??

For those who laugh at failure of others in space... consider this .

" first throw a ball point pen ball into space from your soil" then speak about others failure. Then only you will understand how difficult it is..

Russia, China , US, France every one had failure , now they are very mature after understanding the failures..

only coward people will fear of failure..

And for those who says that these ISRO guys are wasting poor peoples money..
ISRO is one org in india that pays 200% ROI to inidan Govt.. the $1 spent by Govt $3 it gives back +

1. Weather forcasting, 2. Disaster management.3. Resource management 4. communication ect ect ect.

I am happy that the TV that i use is broadcasted by transponders built in Inida.. All our DTH are using inidan satellites ...

India to return to Russian boosters after failed rocket launch

17:4916/04/2010

India will temporarily go back to using Russian-produced space equipment after its indigenous GSLV rocket failed, a spokesman for Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said on Friday.

The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, GSLV D3, fell into the Bay of Bengal 304 seconds after liftoff as its cryogenic engine failed to perform. The rocket tumbled, lost altitude and finally splashed down in the sea.

'Five launches are scheduled for the 2010-2011 fiscal year [which began April 1], including two GSLV and three PSLV launches. The next two GSLV will be launched with Russian cryogenic engines," ISRO spokesman S. Satish said.

India earlier bought seven Russian-made 12KRB oxygen-hydrogen booster sections, five of which have already been used for launches.

India is seeking to become the sixth country to develop its own cryogenic booster sections, necessary for lifting heavy satellites to geostationary orbit. Until recently, only the United States, Russia, France, Japan and China had the technology.

The head of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), K. Radhakrishnan, said the next rocket launch with a domestically produced cryogenic engine will be held this year.

ISRO recently announced that from now on it will orbit 10 satellites every fiscal year.

The crashed GSLV, 50 meters long and weighing 416 tons, was meant to orbit G-Sat, a sophisticated 2.2-ton communications satellite.

The cost of the failed launch is estimated at $75 million, including $40 million for the rocket's construction.

NEW DELHI, April 16 (RIA Novosti)

yea we still have two russian cyro left on shelf. I am not sure if the sections are still there or what is GoI's stand for purchasing more cryo engines from russia.

India to return to Russian boosters after failed rocket launch

17:4916/04/2010

India will temporarily go back to using Russian-produced space equipment after its indigenous GSLV rocket failed, a spokesman for Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said on Friday.

The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, GSLV D3, fell into the Bay of Bengal 304 seconds after liftoff as its cryogenic engine failed to perform. The rocket tumbled, lost altitude and finally splashed down in the sea.

'Five launches are scheduled for the 2010-2011 fiscal year [which began April 1], including two GSLV and three PSLV launches. The next two GSLV will be launched with Russian cryogenic engines," ISRO spokesman S. Satish said.

India earlier bought seven Russian-made 12KRB oxygen-hydrogen booster sections, five of which have already been used for launches.

India is seeking to become the sixth country to develop its own cryogenic booster sections, necessary for lifting heavy satellites to geostationary orbit. Until recently, only the United States, Russia, France, Japan and China had the technology.

The head of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), K. Radhakrishnan, said the next rocket launch with a domestically produced cryogenic engine will be held this year.

ISRO recently announced that from now on it will orbit 10 satellites every fiscal year.

The crashed GSLV, 50 meters long and weighing 416 tons, was meant to orbit G-Sat, a sophisticated 2.2-ton communications satellite.

The cost of the failed launch is estimated at $75 million, including $40 million for the rocket's construction.

NEW DELHI, April 16 (RIA Novosti)

That is the last of our Russian Cryo engine's , two more GSLV's and we are out.

Good thing they kept them in back up.

Hopefully, our own Cryo engines will be ready for all GSLV launches after that. otherwise we may have to get more , if that is even possible.

Guys,especially the Pakistani side, can we all chill out. Its ok, if they failed their tests, as it is common. And for your information, this troll war wouldn't have started if it wasn't for Asim Aquil and his picture, so blame it on him who started on this!So everyone stop bashing each other's countries, and discuss back to the topic

Till now, ISRO had been using Russian cryogenic engines in its GSLV missions as the United States had forced Moscow not to sell the cryogenic technology to India in 1992 and it took India more than 18 years to develop this cryogenic engine as technology.

Why did US stop Russia from selling the cryogenic technology to India? this just doesn't make sense as Russia is an independent country and make its own decisions. But I suppose this is true as I found it in other site. Does that mean that if India cannot successfully build one, than India have no more cryogenic engine?

Why did US stop Russia from selling the cryogenic technology to India? this just doesn't make sense as Russia is an independent country and make its own decisions. But I suppose this is true as I found it in other site. Does that mean that if India cannot successfully build one, than India have no more cryogenic engine?

Because of Missile Technology Control Regime(MTCR) they can give us whole cryozenic engines but not pass on technology.

We had brought it on 28th May, 1998.. India started behaving like a good boy soon after that.

Regarding satellite launching, better luck next time.

haha...dont u have anything other than nuclear weapons...FYI the thread is about Space not weapons.IF u have anthing at all credible to speak abt SUPARCO post...otherwise.....

Anyways.. Wake up S(K)id. :rofl::rofl:

i think :pdf: must reconsider the method of providing standards to memers based on the no of posts..........brother to your knowledge the main cryo ignited but the 2 steering engines failed to ignite,which can be rectified ...............i bet that in a year u will be embarrassed for ur statement.

Back
Top Bottom