What's new

Lenovo emerges as top PC seller in India, overtakes Dell & HP

Ho please...except Lenovo, non are brands and I would consider the others as junk

OK, does India have any junk that comes close to Sany, ZTE and Huawei with a market presence in developed markets? No? :lol:

I=

On the topic of Lenovo, over here in Sydney it is not a cheap brand. Over here its possible to buy servicible generic taiwanese laptops for under $500 (Acer, ASUS).

You can buy Lenovo laptops in Sydney for around 300 bucks, older gen processors of course.

Götterdämmerung;2947954 said:
OK, does India have any junk that comes close to Sany, ZTE and Huawei with a market presence in developed markets? No? :lol:

I live in UK, I don't see any Sany, ZTE and Huawei; but I see a lot of Jaguars, Land rovers and Range rovers.

You can buy Lenovo laptops in Sydney for around 300 bucks, older gen processors of course.

And where abouts?
second hand or really old stock?

or older gen as in yester year? with your logic I can get a dell for 30 bucks. Older gen of course.

Can you back the bolded part with a source?

Well, it's obvious that not many Indians speak fluently German, French, Spanish or Italian that are the largest markets in the EU. I have yet to see any Indian brand on the shelves of our department stores.

Here are stats for Germany. Indien - Statistik - Umsatz - Einfuhr - Ausfuhr - Export - Import - Enterprise Europe Network Go to Importstatistiken >> Exportstatistiken! :)

I live in UK, I don't see any Sany, ZTE and Huawei; but I see a lot of Jaguars, Land rovers and Range rovers.

Jaguar and Land Rovers are British brands and manufactured in the UK the same as Rolls Royce and Bentley are British brands manafactured in the UK with German ownership.

Sany, ZTE and Huawei are not consumer products but if you were a BT customer than you would already be using Huawei on a daily basis.

Now, tell me what Indian brands are there comparable to the Chinese brands!

Götterdämmerung;2948017 said:
Jaguar and Land Rovers are British brands and manufactured in the UK the same as Rolls Royce and Bentley are British brands manafactured in the UK with German ownership.

Sany, ZTE and Huawei are not consumer products but if you were a BT customer than you would already be using Huawei on a daily basis.

Now, tell me what Indian brands are there comparable to the Chinese brands!

If you people can claim Lenovo to be your brand, than what is wrong in us claiming Jaguar as ours.

If Sany, ZTE and Huawei are not consumer products, then why do you call them brand, you should call them low cost supplier to Industrial companies. Brands matters less in B2B markets.

It is like calling Corus or Arcelormittal to be Indian brands that supply steel to AirBus

Götterdämmerung;2945607 said:
Last week I posted in the Sino-German Affair thread a similar article with the difference being Lenovo the top PC seller in Germany. It would be interesting to know which price range Indians prefer. In Germany it's around 800 to 1200 €.
You are looking at anywhere between 300 and 500 euros for an average PC buyer. People don't care about the latest technology processor(I feel, rightly so). Only in the last 5 years did we see the LCD and LED screens replace the picture tube boxes. Also people prefer laptop to PC nowadays. Only people like schools and colleges and with high performance needs like gamers still go for PCs.
And there is a very large second hand market for all these.

If you people can claim Lenovo to be your brand, than what is wrong in us claiming Jaguar as ours.

If Sany, ZTE and Huawei are not consumer products, then why do you call them brand, you should call them low cost supplier to Industrial companies. Brands matters less in B2B markets.

How is Lenovo my brand? Since when has a German company bought Lenovo? Do the Chinese claim Volvo to be a Chinese brand? No?

Non consumer products don't have brands? So Siemens medical equipments are not branded? They are B2B too and the market is fiercely competitive between Siemens, GE and Philipps. Caterpillar, Sany and Komatsu ae not competing on branding and technology?

Sometimes I'm not sure how you guys come up with your asinine arguments. Is it because of real stupidity or just dishonesty or both?

You are looking at anywhere between 300 and 500 euros for an average PC buyer. People don't care about the latest technology processor(I feel, rightly so). Only in the last 5 years did we see the LCD and LED screens replace the picture tube boxes. Also people prefer laptop to PC nowadays. Only people like schools and colleges and with high performance needs like gamers still go for PCs.

The same here in Gemany. Most people buy a laptop but the price range is around 800 to 1200 €. PC are mostly bought by companies for the offices.

300 - 500 for a PC? For that amount you can get a very rudimentary system for study and internet but gaming is totally out of the question. As to second hand pc, I really dont reccomend it unless you know the seller personally as it could die on you without warranty and all. Lastly, a laptop cannot replace a pc in that performance to dollar ratio of a laptop is nowhere near that of a pc.

Götterdämmerung;2948139 said:
How is Lenovo my brand? Since when has a German company bought Lenovo? Do the Chinese claim Volvo to be a Chinese brand? No?

Non consumer products don't have brands? So Siemens medical equipments are not branded? They are B2B too and the market is fiercely competitive between Siemens, GE and Philipps. Caterpillar, Sany and Komatsu ae not competing on branding and technology?

Sometimes I'm not sure how you guys come up with your asinine arguments. Is it because of real stupidity or just dishonesty or both?

The same here in Gemany. Most people buy a laptop but the price range is around 800 to 1200 €. PC are mostly bought by companies for the offices.

Sorry, I forget that you are 'German'. Brands matter less in B2B markets. Cost-Quality-service equation matter most. The same with the case of competition among Siemens, GE and Philipps.

Götterdämmerung;2948017 said:
Well, it's obvious that not many Indians speak fluently German, French, Spanish or Italian that are the largest markets in the EU. I have yet to see any Indian brand on the shelves of our department stores.

Here are stats for Germany. Indien - Statistik - Umsatz - Einfuhr - Ausfuhr - Export - Import - Enterprise Europe Network Go to Importstatistiken >> Exportstatistiken! :)

Did you mean for entire Indian exports to world, EU or Germany?

If you meant only for Germany

I am noticing the largest export from India to Germany happens to be clothing at roughly 1 billion euros, which to my knowledge is not a raw material.

of course no.2 happens to chemical which can be considered raw materials and no.3 seems to be Data processing equipment, electrical. and opt. Prod which again does not come under raw materials

Anything you want to add?

plus just to recap this was bolded part in your post

Götterdämmerung;2947942 said:
Your export is mainly call-centre services for English speaking countries and raw materials.

Götterdämmerung;2948139 said:

Unless you are a significant shareholder, none of the above brands are yours (Siemens etc. included). If you do own shareholding, then you own those brands (to the extent of your shareholding).

Most big companies are multi-nationals. IBM has more employees in India than USA. It being US originated company doesn't restrict from going global, however best it want to run it's business.

Deutsche Bank is headed by an Indian, but being Indian is not a criteria for rising to the top; it's his capability.

Hence, your "national" level thinking is quite out of place in this globalized world. Perhaps, you have never left you home country and hence don't appreciate global realities. Come to Singapore - one of the most globalized cities in the world. And we welcome MNCs.

Most Indians that are crying here are most likely using Lenovos.

Check 'n Mate. :lol:

^^^
Na got Toshibha, Dell, Apple Ipad, Samsung Tablet only.. Lenovo lost its spot in my collection a long long time back..

I have no comments of others but Huawei is an respected company, even more so than Apple and Google.

Huawei is an unbeatable giants if you are familiar in telecom industry, it earn respects from the whole world. More importantly what makes this firm respected is aside from its huge patents number and R&D focus, it provides low threshold entry for all backward nations, bring all poor the opportunity to enjoy the same welfare as industrialized world, through its telecom infrastructures, which otherwise won't entrenched into those countries in any forceeable future.

Huawei is a respected company, as a business veteran, I would put it in lines with Ford Motors in 1930s, or GE in early 1900s.

Back
Top Bottom