What's new

Lessons not learned...

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Munda dam would have blunted the effect here and kalabagh dam/bhasha dam down in Sindh/punjab but because of infighting neither one was built and both got hit.

Balochistan and part of south Punjab could have been saved with torrential dams being planned which will never be built.

Apparently the establishment can burn down the country but didn't had enough say to push political parties to build dams.

This isn't the first flood and won't be last..we have flood every 8-10yrs of this level.

Be it 2010 or 1990s

But we have a Dam(n) Fund. That should be enough.

wtf is with the obsession with the Dam fund?

What obsession? The Chief Justice started this fund to build dams. The money is obvious intended for good use to build dams. To expect it to be used thusly is only a fair expectation, right?

The Diamer-Bhasha dam was estimated to cost $14 billion in 2013. Multinational lenders are not willing to lend because of territory dispute in the area with India. The CJI fund has collected about $70 million. Imran was able to raise $500 million through 'green bonds' (@ 7.5%), but it will not be sufficient. Eventually, I suspect Pakistan will borrow $14 billion from China at 3% interest to complete the project by 2030s. :cheers:

Last edited:
What obsession? The Chief Justice started this fund to build dams. The money is obvious intended for good use to build dams. To expect it to be used thusly is only a fair expectation, right?
hahaha. very amusing.

For real though. I am not specifically talking aobut you, sir. What's all the butthurt with the Dam fund? I am genuinely curious.

Are you concerned it's was a scam? The money's invested in a savings account since it's obviously not enough.
Are you concerned about institutions transgressing their constitutional boundaries? Well, then welcome to earth.

At least, with the dam fund, one could disagree with the means, but the end was positive. and it raised some awareness.

At least, with the dam fund, one could disagree with the means, but the end was positive. and it raised some awareness.

Awareness. Sure, that is good. But Pakistan being able to finance a major dam on territory that no international agency would fund is priceless. That is indeed a noble goal. Hence, the Dam Fund is a great idea that must be moved forward.

Awareness. Sure, that is good. But Pakistan being able to finance a major dam on territory that no international agency would fund is priceless. That is indeed a noble goal. Hence, the Dam Fund is a great idea that must be moved forward.
Well, baby steps. I guess.
Maybe, saqib nisar should've gotten an extension as well, so he could see the program through. Oh well.

Well, baby steps. I guess.
Maybe, saqib nisar should've gotten an extension as well, so he could see the program through. Oh well.

Isn't it funny how a good shiny new "truk kee batti" never fails to distract the faithful from things that really matter? :D

Back
Top Bottom