What's new

LHC verdict on CM Punjab election

So has the Governor asked CM Buzdar to "continue to hold office until his successor enters upon the office of Chief Minister"?

Yes.

Besides, if one reads #136(3): "If the resolution referred to in clause (1) is passed by a majority of the total membership of the Provincial Assembly, the Chief Minister shall cease to hold office" then one could assume that the previous CM has already ended his term, and now it is a question of how the succeeding CM is to be appointed.

I don't believe you are quite familiar with the proceedings of Punjab assembly. There was no VONC against Buzdar.

As for the bold part, that is laid down in the law, by having a vote in the house.

Until that voting process has completed and a new CM takes oath, the last CM can continue to hold office if the governor asks. And that is where we are right now.

The hodge podge at the moment is another shining example of nazriya-e-zarurat, nothing else.

Don't believe me, listen to Aitzaz Ahsan, probably one of the leading constitutional lawyers in the country, and someone who doesn't have a horse in the race.

I don't believe you are quite familiar with the proceedings of Punjab assembly. There was no VONC against Buzdar.

As I have admitted before, and will do now again, I am not familiar with the provincial processes related to appointment and succession of the chief ministerships. I will wait for July 22 as ordered by the courts to see how the process unfolds.

Sir,

Read the case again.

HS elected with a majority of 197 votes.
SC declared that 25 votes can't be counted in favor of PMLN and 4 in favor of PTI.
Now those 4 v members are willing to vote for HS and PTI members are disqualified on PTI plea.
PE has now 173and HS has 177.
LHC has not declared the earlier election of CM but ordered a recounting of that election in accordance with SC verdict, if HS has not 186 voted than go for another election and the one who has the majority of present members will become CM.
PTI is making hue and cry again, don't know any legal backing for their plea.
USman Buzdar has resigned now he is not CM, governer can rule the province according to law.
Wrong
His resignantion was REJECTED by governor and he accepted to continue to work.

He was overturned by voting process

This makes him CM in any country with rule of law

But because its thugs in power you will be seeing this just like how mushi piwer was extended and given by judicary

Yes.

As for the bold part, that is laid down in the law, by having a vote in the house.

Until that voting process has completed and a new CM takes oath, the last CM can continue to hold office if the governor asks. And that is where we are right now.

The hodge podge at the moment is another shining example of nazriya-e-zarurat, nothing else.

Don't believe me, listen to Aitzaz Ahsan, probably one of the leading constitutional lawyers in the country, and someone who doesn't have a horse in the race.
U dont need an expert its simple matter not complicated matter as we saw earlier(like speaker rejecting the count was cmplicated matter)

PTI just shot itself in the foot here.

Maybe Pervez Elahi has some plan in his mind, or this was just stupidity. Would be interesting to see the detailed order and what curbs are there on Hamza Shehbaz, if any.

According to the law, it should be Buzdar.

The previous CM continues to be the CM until a new one is elected, but the cabinet stands dissolved.

But in court Pervez Elahi agreed to Hamza Shehbaz for some reason, and PTI went with him. Even though the SC has said that the notification for Hamza Shehbaz stands null and void.

I commit a robbery, you go to court against me, the court says yes I did commit the robbery, but I get to keep the spoils. Where does this make sense?

Rehn day bhai rehn day, teri mehrbani.

Pervez Elahi is much senior politician than Hamza but yesterday he was clueless where as Hamza was calm. This decision is not as per the laws but a jirga type decision. All parties are happy and sad at the same time.

Wrong

But because its thugs in power you will be seeing this just like how mushi piwer was extended and given by judicary

U dont need an expert its simple matter not complicated matter as we saw earlier(like speaker rejecting the count was cmplicated matter)

His resignation was accepted, schedule for for new election of CM was also issued on request of governor, PTI nominated its candidate for CM, nomination papers were scrutinised, just before election as after-thought governor RJECTED the resignation which was already accepted, which was not accepted by court and ordered to go for election.

His resignation was accepted, schedule for for new election of CM was also issued on request of governor, PTI nominated its candidate for CM, nomination papers were scrutinised, just before election as after-thought governor RJECTED the resignation which was already accepted, which was not accepted by court and ordered to go for election.
No,
New governor cheema refused it
Do you even follow news

Pervez Elahi is much senior politician than Hamza but yesterday he was clueless where as Hamza was calm. This decision is not as per the laws but a jirga type decision. All parties are happy and sad at the same time.

Kia baat hai yar aap kay Hamza ki. Totally calm and cool.

Aap kay mian sahab bhi totally calm and cool, composed, handling the affairs of the country.

Ishaq Dar ever poised to steer this country out of the mess.

All hail our overlords, the Sharif family.

Kia baat hai yar aap kay Hamza ki. Totally calm and cool.

Aap kay mian sahab bhi totally calm and cool, composed, handling the affairs of the country.

Ishaq Dar ever poised to steer this country out of the mess.

All hail our overlords, the Sharif family.
🤣🤣🤣

Wrong

He resigned ahead of VONC, so he was not ousted by voting process.

He resigned ahead of VONC, so he was not ousted by voting process.

Sarwar wasnt governor when he tried to accept resignation

1657031462528.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom