What's new

Light Attack Helicopter

Zarbe Momin

Reaction score
If Pakistan can develop avonics and frame its very easy to develop a light attack helicopter as we did for JF-17 because we developed air frame with the help of china and bought engin from russia.
Turbomeca Astazou IIIA turboshaft engin is very suitable for light attack helicopters. We can also develop through transfer of technology.
Aérospatiale Gazelle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We need quality and qunanitity. We can fulfill the quality by buying helicopters like AH-1 Cobra, Hughes AH-64, Zhi-10 and quanitity by developing our own helicopter in Pakistan. Iran also develops helicopters and we can also get help from China, Iran and Turkey. If we need 150 light attack helicopter then it is very feasible to start our own project.

Not a bad idea let me make a phone call to russian and Chinese president. Let see what they think. Dude let us first handle Jf17 and then move on.

well actually it is very true,

a fighter jet will find it difficult to find customer as it is a sophisticated item but helicopters can be used as a good export market product as well!
the reason being that they cannot only be used in attack or combat roles but alos as rescue and relife, and light personnel transport choppers!

if possible it will be good to invest in this field

Pretty good idea.
Maybe even a licensed production of a helicopter would lay the groundwork for Pakistans very own helicopter, like the Chinese make the Dolphin.
Plus we need helicopters in Swat much more than JF-17s.

Nice Idea but I think we dont have enough resources(Human and Material) to do this at this time.

If Pakistan can develop avonics and frame its very easy to develop a light attack helicopter as we did for JF-17 because we developed air frame with the help of china and bought engin from russia.
Turbomeca Astazou IIIA turboshaft engin is very suitable for light attack helicopters. We can also develop through transfer of technology.
Aérospatiale Gazelle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We need quality and qunanitity. We can fulfill the quality by buying helicopters like AH-1 Cobra, Hughes AH-64, Zhi-10 and quanitity by developing our own helicopter in Pakistan. Iran also develops helicopters and we can also get help from China, Iran and Turkey. If we need 150 light attack helicopter then it is very feasible to start our own project.

Like any other patriot pakistani you have a wishful thinking, but step by step. Let them have enuf experience on JF17 first.

It seems making a decent attack helo is much more difficult then making attack aircraft. Its my personal theory, after looking all different scenarios. Or the resources are so limited for the nations, because no one was ready for the sudden demand of this segment of defence market of Attack Helo and drones.

Is it not possible to make a helicopter with available human resource and infrastructure at PAC Kamra?
I think Iran is developing the frame of its own design and using owm resources.

They had infrastructure at the time of Shah. BELL USA gave all setup and frame building foundation to Iranian armed forces.

I think the most logical for Pakistan would be to join the Turkish attack helicopter program, receiving a maximum of tech transfer and unlimited access to install own developed avionics etc. My 2 cents.

I think the most logical for Pakistan would be to join the Turkish attack helicopter program, receiving a maximum of tech transfer and unlimited access to install own developed avionics etc. My 2 cents.

this idea sem to come from one of the brightest minds at the thread!

thumbs up dear :tup:

joining turkey wil be the best option for pakistan in terms of developing a helicopter!

regards!

this idea sem to come from one of the brightest minds at the thread!

thumbs up dear :tup:

joining turkey wil be the best option for pakistan in terms of developing a helicopter!

regards!

Personelly, I sure that We will see such a cooperation news in near future... The last cooperation references that have made in 2007-2008 will help two brother countries to go more strategic cooperation posibilities for future.. French realised the importance of situation so They tried to confuse minds with their so called Tiger offers for Pakistan... In my oppinion, That cooperation will include AT missile technologies such as UMTAS and Cirit's...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Turkish attack helicopter program makes more sense IMHO, not because the Tiger is bad or something but the Tiger is more intended for the flat planes of Europe while the T-129 with enhanced powerfull engines is specifically for high mountainous grounds. From memory I would recall that Pakistan used to use Alloute helicopters because they where the only ones useable in Pakistans mountain regions. So the Tiger would fail in most of Pakistans mountainous areas anyway. Second option for Pakistan would be the Russian MI-28 also very powerfull with high flight ceiling.

The Tigers a wee bit on the softy side.
We need hard-core fire power and enough armor to survive at least small arms fire.
I read in the news (could be utter b.s or not) we may be getting a couple of Apaches, although probably not Longbows, but still, an upgrade over the Huey right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom