What's new

list of future indian wepons.

yusa40

New Recruit

Reaction score
Does any one of a list of wepons india will get for its army till 2020?:cheers:

i was asking what new stuff will indian army get till 2020

i was asking what new stuff will indian army get till 2020

regarding the Infantry check the F-Insas modernization program ....and as far as armoured vehicles are concerned Tanks like T90S are acquired from Russia.....howziters from U.S through the FMS route and India has a few indigeneous next gen Tank programs and IAV programs running .........

indian army will not only get weapon till 2020 after 2020 also indian army will get it..
any problem for u?

Indian members don't give them clues as to our preparedness....talk about the past and present only....

Yusa! tell me one thing! Are you Xmustiji70?:what:

who is he? i just asked this becouse i wanted to know what indian army will be getting till 2020, becouse i know turkey is getting alot of stuff for its military till 2020 so i wanted to know what the indians were working on...

^^ i think there was a thread a day or two back outlining india`s next gen of weapon platforms, pretty informative and carried details from the nuke sub to F-insas

who is he? i just asked this becouse i wanted to know what indian army will be getting till 2020, becouse i know turkey is getting alot of stuff for its military till 2020 so i wanted to know what the indians were working on...

If turkey is getting what it has got to do with India.. India will get what it feels it is necessary for it.. it is not mandatory to have all kinds of weapons in the arsenal.. if a country possess so it is just for show off.. and India is not interested in show off.. India even if it buys it customizes according to its needs...

*NOTE assumptions made with the outcome of Certain ongoing arms deals

+New 155MM artillery
155-mm gun contract: DRDO enters the fray

Indo/Polish light tank.
fuaoit6bmd7c6a43.jpg

(A polish R&D effort , with an Indian PSU not involved in Defence Providing some of the Financing.)

1000 T-90's

248+ Arjun MK-1 an MK2 tanks
0435.jpg

(pictured Arjun mk1)

New IFV
Three pvt companies with ambitions in the defence sector won a major battle when they were invited to compete, on level terms with the public sector

50+ LCH
india-light-combat-helicopter1.jpg

100's of new helicopters for Transport and logistics. Includes Dhurv, Mi-17 , CHinnok and LUH
45087_1236343465.jpg

(pictured an Armed Dhurv Gunship)
HAL_LUH2-704924.jpg

(Pictured HAL LUH in development)

Javelin Man portable ATGM
India to order large number of Javelin anti-tank missiles from US - The Times of India

Nag and HeliNag anti Tank Missiles missile
DSC05254-721189-774585.jpg

1000's of new Akash Mk1 and Akash MK2 surface to air Missiles
akash1.jpg

(Akash is also Mounted onto Tank Chassis and Follow the Armored Corps to provide close air defense.)

New Satellites
For Communications and Surveillance

New UAV's and UGV's
(some UGV's)
DRDO is also developing various UAV's and Private sector
involvement is being perused.

*F-INSAS

Modern+Sub-Machine+Carbine.jpg

(look Behind Gun as Poster on the wall)
(gun pictured is a new Carbine which Fires a 5.56 MM round , designed for use in Urban and Close quarter combat)
There is also Private sector involvement in F-INSAS

The intention is to equip the soldier to ensure a dramatic increase in their lethality, survivability and mobility while making the soldier "a self-contained fighting machine".
Helmet and Visor

The helmet is an integrated assembly equipped with thermal sensors, video cameras and chemical and biological sensors. The visor is intended to be integrated and to act as a heads-up display monitor equivalent to two 17-inch computer monitors.

Clothing

The personal clothing of this soldier of the future would be lightweight with a bullet-proof jacket. The futuristic jacket would be waterproofed yet breathable. The new attire that will enable the troops carry the extra load and resist impact of chemical warfare. The new uniform will have vests with sensors to monitor their health parameters and provide quick medical relief.

Weapons

The weapons sub-system is built around a multi caliber individual weapon system with the fourth caliber attached to a grenade launcher. These include a 5.56 mm, a 7.62 mm and a new 6.8 mm under-development for the first time in India. The UBGL (Under Barrel Grenade Launcher) will be capable of launching air bursting grenade. The sub-system includes a thermal weapon sight and laser range finder to provide the soldier with range and direction information. The Global Positioning System (GPS) location information, allows the soldier to call for indirect fire accurately. There are two types of next generation infantry rifle under development in cooperation with Israel.

Accessories

The soldier will be equipped with a palmtop to be able to communicate with other soldiers, and will be aware of the battlefield. The palmtop will inform the soldier where other friendlies are in relation to them. It will also enable them to transfer messages.

Thermal imagers, sensors and night vision equipment, currently deployed in weapon systems such as artillery and main battle tanks, will be customized to make them portable for soldiers to carry in the battle ground.

FINSAS is part of wider effort by the Indian army to have all their forces in a real time Battle network by 2024. A task the IN will achive by 2018 and IAF will achieve by 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

I heard this is definitely on the list.

Artist's impression:

ufo18.jpg

The Indian UFO program has been active since the end of Cold War, with research being carried out secretly below the Antarctic snow. With the economic decline of the USA, the number of UFO sightings will shift from American skies to the skies of the new superpower by 2020.

Note: Sorry guys, just couldn't resist. :D

I heard this is definitely on the list.

Artist's impression:

ufo18.jpg

The Indian UFO program has been active since the end of Cold War, with research being carried out secretly below the Antarctic snow. With the economic decline of the USA, the number of UFO sightings will shift from American skies to the skies of the new superpower by 2020.

Note: Sorry guys, just couldn't resist. :D

Sorry dear you are late in exposing it.. we have already used it and retired it... I guess we used this in 1948 war

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom