What's new

Lockheed announces major breakthrough in nuclear fusion

Personally I don't believe this. ITER is 40 years from opening a fusion reactor, and you are telling me these guys will have it in 10?

Weird. Hard to debunk when such a reputed company makes such an announcement. And there was that Italian Andrea Rossi who 'proved' cold fusion. Is there a link? Has Lockheed acquired some new technology from Rossi?

I give you 5 years until America made a bomb out of it.

The hydrogen bomb is mostly a nuclear fusion bomb already. It's just that it still uses nuclear fission initially to get the energy to start the nuclear fusion reaction.

A pure fusion bomb probably won't yield much improvement to the already destructive power of the fission/fusion hybrid, but would be far more expensive to build, maintain, and use (hopefully not).

It means that humans will be able to make new generation space crafts so they can travel to Mars and other planets faster and also it will help to colonize other planets too.

But for electricity generation for my home I will prefer Google Kite Power Generator type system if developed and produced for customers ;)

BBC News - Google acquires kite-power generator

LOL they are looking for funding from gullible investors. Fusion is always "five to ten years away."

I have asked a lot of engineers at IEEE PES conferences in the past two years. The most optimistic one I have talked to believe it may be available within three decades.

LOL they are looking for funding from gullible investors. Fusion is always "five to ten years away."

All major investment firm has top scientists to verify the data before betting on it. Not everything in this world works on internet troll logic.

Personally I don't believe this. ITER is 40 years from opening a fusion reactor, and you are telling me these guys will have it in 10?

I doubt the efficiency will be above 1.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom