What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
68323997.jpg

Good that Korea is divided. United & in best condition they could often be under the top 3.
And Japan, missed Gold or even Silver many times already.

the Chinese delegation did so great on July 31st and it is beyond my expectation, so let me try to summarize the winning streaks and record-breaking moments for them:

--Winning streaks:

*women's diving synchronized 10m platform: 3rd consecutive gold

*women's ping pong single: 7th consecutive gold secured (which means that Chinese female players win every gold medal since ping pong was introduced in 1988)

*men's weightlifting 69kg: 3rd consecutive gold

--Record breaking moments and huge breakthrough:

*women's 200m IM: Ye Shiwen set two Olympic records (including the one in the semi-final as well), and became the first Chinese swimmer ever to win two gold medals in a single Olympics (also naturally the first female swimmer, as the world record holder Sun Yang is hopefully to create the same record for any Chinese male swimmer later in 1500m freestyle).

*men's fencing foil: first time ever to win a gold

*men's 4*200 freestyle relay: first time ever to win a medal(bronze)

anything else to add? (does not necessarily have to be medal-winning records)

Ye Shiwen is current defending world champion and ranked #2 in the world prior to Olympics

nvLTj.jpg

China's Ye Shiwen is the current defending world champion and world #2 prior to the Olympics.

China's Ye Shiwen Bags Second Gold

"China's Ye Shiwen Bags Second Gold
China's Ye Shiwen, cleared after an earlier doping controversy, has collected her second swimming gold.
9:04pm UK, Tuesday 31 July 2012
'She won the World Championships last year, she was ranked second in the world. She's not a new swimmer who has just come out of nowhere.'"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444405804577560980787228886.html

"Statistics suggest Ye's performance in the 400m medley, which first prompted these questions, wasn't unprecedented. Her time of 4:28.43 was an improvement of about 2.44% on her time from the 2011 world championships, the last major international event she swam in. But in the same pool on Sunday in a different race—the semifinals of the 100-meter breaststroke—Ruta Meilutyte, a 15-year-old Lithuanian, shaved two seconds off of her pre-Olympic personal best. That performance represented a 3.1% improvement.

The raw speed of Ye's final 50-meter freestyle isn't unprecedented, either. In last year's World Championships in Shanghai, Great Britain's Rebecca Adlington swam the final 50 meters of the 800m freestyle final in 28.91 seconds, .02 second faster than Ye and 19 hundredths faster than Lochte's time from the 400m medley.
"

----------

Also, she grew four inches during the last two years. Of course she improved her personal best by five seconds during the last two years. She grew up.

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_s31_2/olympic-chinese-swimming.html

"13 minutes ago – [5] Teenage Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen is not a drug cheat, the British .... at 14, she was just over 5' 2" -- she's grown four inches since."

Truly an impressive performance by Ye. Despite the accusation by that American coach and how the British press having strong doubts about her, she came out clean and proved again she is a champion. She send a clear message to those faggots that she won't be discouraged by these allegations.

You are too naive. on this...

It appears that BBC has launched \ renewed attack on YE today( I warched the whole darn show): It has whole evening questioning YE’s performance on at least 4 major programmes: Evening news, News re-cap, 10 o’çlock news, Newsnight, Daily Recap, etc presented by all the major BBC anchor presenters across board – showing that it is not a casual doubt, it is a deliberate campaign instead – the same kind of campaigns BBC has run many many times previously on other topics.

As far as what I noticed, the story started by BBC Sport Editor David Bond ( an English name, but obviously an ethic South Asian himself , at least it looks so to me). Bond may pick up gossips from American coach or BBC commentary box team and the on –spot presenter team ( bigots like Clare Balding – from whom I first noticed this news days ago, and idiots like Lineker, etc), supported by the British former anti-drug boss ( who said “when someone has exceptional performance the first I think is errr, I wonder” –refer to YE) , and further popularised by Daily Telegraph Sports Editor.

So it was some gossip to start with by unimportant internet gossipers (naturally), yet BBC’s decision to pick up the gossips and making it “the first and biggest controversy in 2012 London Games”(in David Bond’s words). Unfortunately spineless Dutch and Belgian channel presenters just more or less repeated the BBC's official bottom line that "YE is controvertial".

Obviously to me, BBC has adopted this same old “internet trolling thread” technique to troll YE thus to troll China’s performance on the whole, making it a global headline news rebranded and upgraded to “controversy” from “row” it used in its website, in spite of and particularly even AFTER that YE has been tested clean.

“Ye’s performance tonight of winning another gold would likely FURTHER intensify this controversy”, concluded David Bond/ thus BBC.

Now it’s plain clear, unless one is retarded, that BBC is determined to troll YE and hence Chinese image as a whole as FAKE no matter what happens.

Out of the whole, 0 Brit from BBC speaks up for YE. ZERO!

The ONLY 2 guys from BBC guest list who seem standing by YE are Ian Thorpe (Aussie) and Michael Johnson (American, one of the brightest blacks I’ve ever seen).

BBC should be kicked out of china. Don't let these scumbags report from china. This olympics games should be called the racist games. BBC, sky news, financial times , guardian, daily mail are full of British f**lth. Thank god the British economy is in recession, hopefully it collapses from all that MASSIVE debt. It's a smear campaign against china probably for the Syrian crisis. We have been far too lenient of western journalists trashing china, if we took a ruthless stance against these f**lth, none of them would even mention china.

We really need to get tough with foreign media, if they trash china, they lose their license to operate in china. The western media has pushed and pushed but we have just stood there taking all their punches like a punching bag, well now it's time to punch back, and punch them right between the eyes. We need to stop being diplomatic and nice to people that hate our country and our race.

You are too naive. on this...

It appears that BBC has launched \ renewed attack on YE today( I warched the whole darn show): It has whole evening questioning YE’s performance on at least 4 major programmes: Evening news, News re-cap, 10 o’çlock news, Newsnight, Daily Recap, etc presented by all the major BBC anchor presenters across board – showing that it is not a casual doubt, it is a deliberate campaign instead – the same kind of campaigns BBC has run many many times previously on other topics.

As far as what I noticed, the story started by BBC Sport Editor David Bond ( an English name, but obviously an ethic South Asian himself , at least it looks so to me). Bond may pick up gossips from American coach or BBC commentary box team and the on –spot presenter team ( bigots like Clare Balding – from whom I first noticed this news days ago, and idiots like Lineker, etc), supported by the British former anti-drug boss ( who said “when someone has exceptional performance the first I think is errr, I wonder” –refer to YE) , and further popularised by Daily Telegraph Sports Editor.

So it was some gossip to start with by unimportant internet gossipers (naturally), yet BBC’s decision to pick up the gossips and making it “the first and biggest controversy in 2012 London Games”(in David Bond’s words). Unfortunately spineless Dutch and Belgian channel presenters just more or less repeated the BBC's official bottom line that "YE is controvertial".

Obviously to me, BBC has adopted this same old “internet trolling thread” technique to troll YE thus to troll China’s performance on the whole, making it a global headline news rebranded and upgraded to “controversy” from “row” it used in its website, in spite of and particularly even AFTER that YE has been tested clean.

“Ye’s performance tonight of winning another gold would likely FURTHER intensify this controversy”, concluded David Bond/ thus BBC.

Now it’s plain clear, unless one is retarded, that BBC is determined to troll YE and hence Chinese image as a whole as FAKE no matter what happens.

Out of the whole, 0 Brit from BBC speaks up for YE. ZERO!

The ONLY 2 guys from BBC guest list who seem standing by YE are Ian Thorpe (Aussie) and Michael Johnson (American, one of the brightest blacks I’ve ever seen).

She remains a champion regardless what the racist media BBC think. Foreign media can write/say whatever they want and it is up to the people to believe it or not. So far she has been proven to be clean by IOC, so i can't care any less the foreign media describing her victory as controversial. They ain't gonna apologize to her so to save face they will continue to convince everyone with the word controversial.

Good that Korea is divided. United & in best condition they could often be under the top 3.
And Japan, missed Gold or even Silver many times already.

if all Chinese provinces can sent their own team to the Olympics,they will win more gold and other medals,cause you can send more athletes to the games hence enhance the possibility of winning.so the simple adding of the medal don't work right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom