What's new

Long course fitness test

Hassan Mujtaba

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam everyone, i was wondering about the selection procedure of long course. i heard that all the cadet colleges send their students in the even one, so i had a question doesn't that make the competition tough especially in fitness and running miles and stuff.

Help will be appreciated
Regards

Last edited:
Salam everyone, i was wondering about the selection procedure of long course. First i heard that all the cadet colleges send their students in the even one, so i had a question doesn't that make the competition tough especially in fitness and running miles and stuff. Thus this being the case how can one compensate in other ways or attributes to get a better chance of getting selected, also one more thing just wanted to know if being private or regular in Alevels makes a difference or effects the selection, and having business subjects or sciences too.

Help will be appreciated
Regards
Welcome to the forum. Please note that this is a debate and discussion public forum and not related to forces recruitment. You better ask the question with concerned authorities. Over here in this thread, i hope someone with information regarding this can help you on this thread.

@Aamir Hussain @PanzerKiel

Salam everyone, i was wondering about the selection procedure of long course. First i heard that all the cadet colleges send their students in the even one, so i had a question doesn't that make the competition tough especially in fitness and running miles and stuff. Thus this being the case how can one compensate in other ways or attributes to get a better chance of getting selected, also one more thing just wanted to know if being private or regular in Alevels makes a difference or effects the selection, and having business subjects or sciences too.

Help will be appreciated
Regards

Subjects dont matter much.

Moreover, obviously cadets of cadet / military colleges do have an edge due to their college training over regular candidates coming after Fsc / O/A levels. You'll just have to tough it out....moreover, not everyone out of them opts for armed forces, so you will always have a fair and good chance to be selected.

Salam everyone, i was wondering about the selection procedure of long course. i heard that all the cadet colleges send their students in the even one, so i had a question doesn't that make the competition tough especially in fitness and running miles and stuff.

Help will be appreciated
Regards

The criteria is standard and absolute. Whoever passes it, gets selected. Nothing is relative or dependent on others.

Help will be appreciated
Regards
There are only 5 tests to check your PHYSICAL FITNESS:

1. 1.6 km run in 8 minutes,
2. Ditch crossing which is 7f. 4inches X 7f. 4inches with 4f depth. Basically a square to jump across,
3. 3 chin ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down,
4. 15 push ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down, and
5. 15 sit ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down.

Train yourself along these lines. It will build power and stamina. Should start these exercises at least 1 month before your test.:big_boss:

Additional Information :blah:
The Subedar/Jawan on duty will be calling out 1-2 which means:
1. In chin ups, 1 means go up and 2 means come down,
2. In push ups, 1 means go down and 2 means go up, and
3. In sit ups, 1 means to sit up and 2 means to go down.

While these numbers are called out, you will be counting 1 chin up or 1 push up or 1 sit up after every 2 counted which means it has been performed/ completed. Do practise with few seconds pause in every 1-2 cycle so that your muscles are used to the strain you will be experiencing that day.

Note: Better keep your body straight while doing chin ups. There should be no bend in your arms and legs while you are hanging from the pipe. They will brief everyone beforehand. If you were found in violation, you will be considered to have failed the test, but they won`t stop you midway so that other candidates don`t suffer because of you. Same goes for push ups. Better not touch your chest or knees to the ground while you are down. Otherwise a kick to your shoe will let you know to get up because you have failed the test. And practise push ups with your knuckles. Sometimes the Major is in mood to give some appreciation for being too excited. :devil:And try to not piss off anyone especially the Majors, even the doctor. :nono: If they don`t like the smirk on your face, they will make you regret being cheeky. :cry:

Some More Important Info: If you fail any of the above tests, you would get a second chance to prove yourself. Running chance would be given then and there without a delay. Everyone passes sit ups and crosses the ditch so don`t sweat for that. But yes, if you fail chin ups or push ups, you will be asked to re-appear for that test after 1 week. And that would be your only chance. Otherwise you will be disqualified and sent home :wave:

A bit more
:blah:

Be ready for a SURPRISE BEEP TEST :mod: which can take place a day after your physical fitness tests and before interview. There is no guarantee it would take place but we had it back in 2010-125 PMA Long Course.

Details: You will have to run between 2 lines that are 20 metres apart. There is count down starting from 60 seconds. Means, you should have crossed or at least reached the second line before you hear a beep sound on speaker or a whistle at the end of 60 seconds. Each trip to the other side reduces time while your physical endurance goes down. In other words, less time would push you for more speed to complete the trips. If you fail to reach the other line and beep goes off, you are given a second chance without being stopped. But there is no 3rd chance if you fail another time. You will be called out to get aside because you would be disqualified from the selection process. :nhl_checking:

Smokers usually can`t pass beep test and I have seen candidate running out himself to skip the torture.:fie:

Wish you best of LUCK! :cheers:

:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only 5 tests to check your PHYSICAL FITNESS:

1. 1.6 km run in 8 minutes,
2. Ditch crossing which is 7f. 4inches X 7f. 4inches with 4f depth. Basically a square to jump across,
3. 3 chin ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down,
4. 15 push ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down, and
5. 15 sit ups with few seconds of pause while going up and down.

Train yourself along these lines. It will build power and stamina. Should start these exercises at least 1 month before your test.:big_boss:

Additional Information :blah:
The Subedar/Jawan on duty will be calling out 1-2 which means:
1. In chin ups, 1 means go up and 2 means come down,
2. In push ups, 1 means go down and 2 means go up, and
3. In sit ups, 1 means to sit up and 2 means to go down.

While these numbers are called out, you will be counting 1 chin up or 1 push up or 1 sit up after every 2 counted which means it has been performed/ completed. Do practise with few seconds pause in every 1-2 cycle so that your muscles are used to the strain you will be experiencing that day.

Important Info: If you fail any of the above tests, you would get a second chance to prove yourself. Running chance would be given then and there without a delay. Everyone passes sit ups and crosses the ditch so don`t sweat for that. But yes, if you fail chin ups or push ups, you will be asked to re-appear for that test after 1 week. And that would be your only chance. Otherwise you will be disqualified and sent home :wave:
A bit more :blah:

Be ready for a SURPRISE BEEP TEST :mod: which can take place a day after your physical fitness tests and before interview. There is no guarantee it would take place but we had it back in 2010-125 PMA Long Course.

Details: You will have to run between 2 lines that are 20 metres apart. There is count down starting from 60 seconds. Means, you should have crossed or at least reached the second line before you hear a beep sound on speaker or a whistle at the end of 60 seconds. Each trip to the other side reduces time while your physical endurance goes down. In other words, less time would push you for more speed to complete the trips. If you fail to reach the other line and beep goes off, you are given a second chance without being stopped. But there is no 3rd chance if you fail another time. You will be called out to get aside because you would be disqualified from the selection process. :nhl_checking:

Smokers usually can`t pass beep test and I have seen candidate running out himself to skip the torture.:fie:

Wish you best of LUCK! :cheers:

:pakistan:
My cat can do the above and more

Back
Top Bottom