What's new

Lost In Space?

KashifAsrar said:
There are many rebuttals Parihaka ... But I have my doubts over them as well ....
One thing is really strange, although. The FACT that USA never tried to make it again. Although they are space walking almost every weekend. :)
Some thing FISHY here. DEFINITELY.
Kashif

Sorry bud but there were other moonwalks after Niel Armstrong!

melb4aust said:
Few minutes ago i was talking to my friends about this while watching, NATGEO. This is is really surprising, even no one has ever heard about that guy naming armstrong who set first foot on the moon. Where is he now?

You mean "good luck Mr.Grosky"????

that is a hilarious story that Neil Armstrong only recently revealed " now that Mr. & Mrs. Grosky have passed on", he said.

When he was a kid he accidently threw his softball into the next door neighbor's yard ( Mr.Grosky's house) by their bedroom window. He heard Mrs. Grosky say," oral sex!!! you will get that the day the kid next door walks on the moon".

He was a guest speaker at the Univ. of Florida!!

Ok, for all you guys who think something is 'fishy', answer me this:
How come the moon only ever shows one face to the Earth? (physicists sit this one out)
How come, when there is an eclipse, the moon is the perfect size to cover the surface of the sun, but still show the suns corona when viewed from earth?
Answers on the back of a us$10 note and sent to me....

parihaka said:
Ok, for all you guys who think something is 'fishy', answer me this:
How come the moon only ever shows one face to the Earth? (physicists sit this one out)

You mean " the dark side of the moon". I am not a physicist, but this was high school astronomy. OK, I'll sit it out!!

parihaka said:
How come, when there is an eclipse, the moon is the perfect size to cover the surface of the sun, but still show the suns corona when viewed from earth?
Answers on the back of a us$10 note and sent to me....

Not always true, it depends on where you live. Here in the US, we would never see that. Near the equator, of course!

TexasJohn said:
Not always true, it depends on where you live. Here in the US, we would never see that. Near the equator, of course!
Yeah, sorry should have stipulated full eclipse, and one can occur roughly within 29 degrees of the equator.

parihaka said:
Yeah, sorry should have stipulated full eclipse, and one can occur roughly within 29 degrees of the equator.

My guess is you kiwis don't ever see one either, huh?

TexasJohn said:
My guess is you kiwis don't ever see one either, huh?
Actually I've got my maths wrong. The degrees covered are greater, as we do see them and the next one is scheduled for 22 July 2028, centred on Dunedin which is 46.5 south. I'll have to go away again and do the math.

sparten said:
I just wish the yanks had kept the Saturn V. Such a good rocket.
The shuttle engines are far more powerful and efficient. The rest is just fuel tank. The new configuration of capsule atop fuel tank and solid fuel boosters, with the old shuttle engines works heaps better.
They should never had tried to combine human with payload in a single lift, and especially not the shuttle configuration. A simple ablative heat shield works much better.

Why we see only one face of moon: we always see the same face of the Moon from Earth because the Moon spins on its axis once for every time it revolves around the Earth (28.5 days). It is plain astro-physics guys !!

You're going to piss off op TopHatter...:what1:

I so totally missed this thread :frown:

Here's a question for all of you 'it was fake' fans:

Even the Soviets acknowledged that the United States made the landings.

Think they would have kept quiet if they had even the slightest inkling that there was foul play in the moon race? :rolleyes1:

I never doubted the moonlanding but in a documentry I saw some questions were raised about the shadow pointing in the wrong direction and the sharpness / high resolution of the camera lens used to make shots which way extremely high. :what1:

I never doubted the moonlanding but in a documentry I saw some questions were raised about the shadow pointing in the wrong direction and the sharpness / high resolution of the camera lens used to make shots which way extremely high. :what1:

Plenty of information on the Net about that stuff my friend.

I'll find some of it when I get home tonight. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom