What's new

Lost opportunities of the Greek Defence Industry

@Foinikas

IMO, the biggest opportunity missed by the Greek defense industry is not actually the fault of the Greek defense industry. It is the biggest missed opportunity for Greece that Greek universities, which are full of radical leftists, are not interested in training people who specialize in designing defense industry products.

Greece is a small country. Greek population is also old. Therefore, Greece cannot be a serious mass producer. But she can be a serious designer country. The way to do this is for universities to cooperate with big foreign defense industry companies and train the necessary experts.

But Greek universities have become so radicalized by leftist ideas that they are cut off from the real&cruel world.

which are full of radical leftists, are not interested in training people who specialize in designing defense industry products.
Our society is full of leftists and they basically run the universities,the media,the arts and most of the rioters at the streets.

Our society is full of leftists and they basically run the universities,the media,the arts and most of the rioters at the streets.
Goodbye then. Pray that Turkiye doesn't go crazy. LOL

All you have to do is place your talented engineers to work in large defense industry companies. When these people retire, they will return and establish their own companies in Greece and the Greek State will subsidize these companies. Is this that hard? You don't even have to deal with crazy embargoes like we do.

Goodbye then. Pray that Turkiye doesn't go crazy. LOL

All you have to do is place your talented engineers to work in large defense industry companies. When these people retire, they will return and establish their own companies in Greece and the Greek State will subsidize these companies. Is this that hard? You don't even have to deal with crazy embargoes like we do.
There are universities that work on a lot of good stuff,but the State doesn't show interest in them. They now try to make the Archytas and Grypas UAV projects a reality. Now,after 30 years of wanking.

There's good people with good ideas,but the funding and interest from the government is rarely there.

@Foinikas

I am a semi-professional mathematician.

You need men like the great Greek mathematician, whom I will talk about below, in the defense industry. This person's father was the Berlin ambassador of the Ottoman state!

The "We have talented men, but The Greek State does not trust them" approach is superficial to me. If these men had enough experience, your state would trust them. They must have seen them all as amateur and aspiring entrepreneurs "living in the glass lanterns" of universities.

That's why you need experienced defense industry experts who have worked in foreign institutions for many years, just like the Greek mathematician I mentioned. Experience is very important!

There is a Greek authority in your history who has been very successful in Mathematics, which is a very difficult science. Take a good look at how he built his career and take an example.

@Foinikas

I am a semi-professional mathematician.

You need men like the great Greek mathematician, whom I will talk about below, in the defense industry. This person's father was the Berlin ambassador of the Ottoman state!

The "We have talented men, but The Greek State does not trust them" approach is superficial to me. If these men had enough experience, your state would trust them. They must have seen them all as amateur and aspiring entrepreneurs "living in the glass lanterns" of universities.

That's why you need experienced defense industry experts who have worked in foreign institutions for many years, just like the Greek mathematician I mentioned. Experience is very important!

There is a Greek authority in your history who has been very successful in Mathematics, which is a very difficult science. Take a good look at how he built his career and take an example.
I don't disagree with you,you said it very well. But the corruption and dumb politicians in the State (for all governments) is just too big when it comes to that. Maybe they get bribed by foreigners,maybe they are so stupid and don't care. Maybe there are foreign interests who tell them not to spend money on it. But for some reason,they don't care much about the progress. Imagine,Greece had a UAV program in the '70s,produced some basic UAVs in the '90s and stopped there. We had 2 prototypes of a great IFV in the late '90s...and nobody cared. We produced a "national rifle" recently and without any expanation,the program stopped. We had ideas for a SPAAG...nobody cared about producing it. Anti-tank weapon...no let's buy from Germany and Russia.

It's frustrating! If there was backing on these people back then,by now they would have had more experience and more cooperations with other countries and companies. I don't disagree with you basically.

Back
Top Bottom