What's new

M-777 Advertisement in Hindustan Times.

Bearwithclaws

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
To my surprise, I saw the advertisement of M-777 Howitzer on the front page of Hindustan Times ( Leading daily) today.

Here is the scanned copy

M_777.jpg

Is something cooking behind the curtains?

Chuck Hagel is expected to be here next week and I think he would be aggressively making a case for this ultra light weight howitzer.

What do you guys think?

To my surprise, I saw the advertisement of M-777 Howitzer on the front page of Hindustan Times ( Leading daily) today.

Here is the scanned copy

M_777.jpg

Chuck Hagel is expected to be here next week and I think he would be aggressively making a case for this ultra light weight howitzer.

What do you guys think?

Saw it was surprised since i thought the deal was cancelled due to M-777 being very damn costly

q gade murde ukhad rahe hein ye log.....i think they will offer new affordable price.

With PM visit planned shortly to US, i suppose, both sides would want to have some sort defense purchase agreement being signed. Not sure what is going behind the curtains, but something sure is cooking.

PS: Can we hope to see Boeing advt for APACHE soon on some daily :p:

LOL......everybody wants a piece of the "Defence Requirement Cake".
The Money smells good, so why not try for it seems to be the motto.

Nothing is confirmed as yet, we might still end up buying M777.

But personally, I hope the order goes to Kalyani ULH, which also happens to be designed in collaboration with a US company, and costs a lot less.

Here is the scanned copy

M_777.jpg

What do you guys think?
Saw it was surprised since i thought the deal was cancelled due to M-777 being very damn costly
Not surprising at all- the M-777 deal has NOT been canceled in anyway that's bogus media speculation.

What do you guys think?

Normal PR, we have seen big adds from nearly all MMRCA vendors, Japanese Shinmaywa that is trying to sell their amphibious aircraft and surely from other vendors too. Everybody wants to make money on the biggest defence market and PR is a part of that, but "normally" should not effect the decisions to procure a certain system.

It's not cancelled, but might include the usual issues that we always have with US made things. The cost has gone up, because the howitzer is not in production anymore, starting the production again obviously requires additional funding, but at this point there is simply no alternative to it.

"together, let's join forces to create a world-class indigenous industry" .what is that supposed to mean? :what: .
I think they want to set up their production facility in India.

Last edited:
"together, let's join forces to create a world-class indigenous industry" .what is that supposed to mean? :what: .

Aam logo ko chu bana rahe hai shayad

"together, let's join forces to create a world-class indigenous industry" .what is that supposed to mean? .

Infact it is the opposite. While we have agreement on the issue that we lack capability to build ultra light howitzer If we go ahead and but this weapon system we would end up killing any indigenous efforts to build a similar system . All we get in the name of ToT is the non important part which hardly matters.

We can't be naive. Why would anyone just handover years of efforts of R&D for a price?

But there is no doubt that Mod/IA has messed up the Artillery acquisitions and given the bleak circumstances the purchase can be justified.

Back
Top Bottom