What's new

Made-in-India Tejas for Argentina Air Force? US cautions against China/Pak JF-17

Argentina is on the lookout for supersonic fighter jets. India made LCA Tejas and the Chinese JF-17 are the top two contenders. As per Shephard media, the apparent frontrunner is the JF-17 Thunder, built jointly by China and Pakistan. In March, an Argentinian delegation toured the HAL facility adding to speculation about Tejas being considered by the Argentinian Air Force. Watch this video to know more.

Looks like papa America is trying its level best to derail JF-17 deal and promote the Tejas on India's behalf. What a great ally to have. First, meddle in Pakistani politics and pretend they don't care about Pakistan. Of course they don't care about Pakistan... 🤔
Tejas will have a kill switch which will be used to disable the plane by the Indians when Argentina has the need to use it at time of war.

In my country Argentinians are known as deceivers, they do hate the Brits with a passion but their government is on a fine thread. My guess they will rather have no jets than JF17 and become a sanctioned country like Venezuela.

What other options does Argentina realistically have? Other options are prone to sanctions. JF-17 has all the bells and whistles without the threat of sanctions.

first of all Teja is a Hoch Poach of foreign system. Abt 60 or 90% of it is imported. Its nose cone for example is completed imported from british. These arnt the things u can replace easily without structural changes and redesign etc

Teja at one point in this contender was looked at by Argentina, but it has stopped that when they knew abt its british parts. Now JF17 Block III and used F16 of Danish AF are in contention which US is pushing inorder to keep Argentina out of Chinese orbit.

In my country Argentinians are known as deceivers, they do hate the Brits with a passion but their government is on a fine thread. My guess they will rather have no jets than JF17 and become a sanctioned country like Venezuela.

Their economy is really hanging by a thread, you are correct.

Years of thefts and mismanagement by Peronistas brought them to this juncture.

Classic case of a country/populace deluding itself thinking it belongs to first world European ancestry, while hardly capable of affording the standards that come with it due to mismanagement of their economy.

At least the US reformed itself and its values as an immigrant country - Argentina never did. Open unmitigated racism against indigenous people and Blacks are the order of the day, especially among underclass immigrants of Italian ancestry, who comprise over 65% of all Argentinians.

This being said, I have had plenty of middle class educated Argentinians as friends, who acknowledge the issues. I guess it all depends on what class you belong to...

first of all Teja is a Hoch Poach of foreign system. Abt 60 or 90% of it is imported. Its nose cone for example is completed imported from british. These arnt the things u can replace easily without structural changes and redesign etc

Teja at one point in this contender was looked at by Argentina, but it has stopped that when they knew abt its british parts. Now JF17 Block III and used F16 of Danish AF are in contention which US is pushing inorder to keep Argentina out of Chinese orbit.

The Brits might refuse to supply any parts for that plane made in the UK. Or the Argentinians will have problems accepting such sourced parts for the plane.

We all know the back-story.

Last edited:
Tejas will have a kill switch which will be used to disable the plane by the Indians when Argentina has the need to use it at time of war.
Knowing how much of a client state Pakistan is of US, it is way more likely for JF-17 to have kill switch so that the Pakistani Generals' masters sitting in Pentagon can disable Argentine aircraft...

Their economy is really hanging by a thread, you are correct.

Years of thefts and mismanagement by Peronistas brought them to this juncture.

Classic case of a country/populace deluding itself thinking it belongs to first world European ancestry, while hardly capable of affording the standards that come with it due to mismanagement of their economy.

At least the US reformed itself and its values as an immigrant country - Argentina never did. Open unmitigated racism against indigenous people and Blacks are the order of the day, especially among underclass immigrants of Italian ancestry, who comprise over 65% of all Argentinians.

This being said, I have had plenty of middle class educated Argentinians as friends, who acknowledge the issues. I guess it all depends on what class you belong to...

The Brits might refuse to supply any parts for that plane made in the UK. Or the Argentinians will have problems accepting such sourced parts for the plane.

We all know the back-story.
yes just as FA 50 Golden Eagle of South Korea which Argentina was trying to buy. UK blocked those exports.

Damn Indian media has revealed or rather have exposed the best kept secret on Tejas.
The damn thing can fly at hypersonic speeds. :lol:

View attachment 851623

The aircraft which are not yet fully operational in the country of its origin is a frontline contender! Only Indians can best themselves.

When it comes to coverage of Pakistan in Indian media, dont believe it even with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom