What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Facts & Arguments Re: Vehicle Biz.
==========================

Hypothetically speaking, if China and India put their nominal vehicle industry skills together, there is a strong biz case for complete overhaul of Global vehicle biz.

- Marketing - trademark, branding, contract-&-sub-contract driven biz. Main job is union mgmt., sales, distribution, finance- Marketing. The big boys do more 'systems integration', ie. screw-tight sub assemblies on an assembly line.

- Vehicles are a TYPICAL :bash: 'metal-bashing' sunset industry, Globally.

- It is NOT an innovation thing ... however much the big 10 scream!
Given time and effort, anyone can jump in -It is a near 100 yr. old industry.

- Heavily unionised and politicised biz. Try shuttering a vehicle shop in the west.

China has built an overbearing, fragmented and perhaps un-sustainable and wastefull vehicle industry. Severe lack of 'nominal' innovation in design etc., though some design elements and capability is demonstrated.

Indian biz is minnow sized, the biz is cartelised by the few established and handfull new players. Some innovation ongoing. Same ... some innovation in China.

Conclusion: Given the market base of Indo-China, local Co.'s may consider collaboration to:

1) Own big home clientele, keep markets 'fair priced', and out-of-reach of TNC's.

2) Build on each other's strenghts, China good in fabrication & govt. funding, India in vehicle software/ elcetronics (30 % of a vehicle), marketing, Globalisation.

3) Take the game to the TNC's by combining Ind-Chin knock-out pricing & strentghts.

Wotsay? Repeat above re: aerospace industry. Take the Russkies along on this 1.

Last edited:
Harley-Davidson to set up assembly plant in Haryana

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
NEW DELHI: Iconic bike-maker Harley-Davidson today said it will start an assembly facility of its motorcycles in India by the first half of 2011, making it the second facility outside the US.

"We are building a strong foundation for our business in India, first by establishing a world-class dealer network, and now by commencing CKD assembly operations," Harley-Davidson India Managing Director Anoop Prakash said.

The company will set up the new facility near Bawal in Haryana. Harley Davidson, however, did not specify the production capacity or the investment that will be made in the facility.

Currently, Harley-Davidson India imports completely assembled motorcycles from its US final assembly plants.

Besides India, outside the US, the company has CKD assembly operations in Brazil.

"Harley-Davidson is moving forward with the launch of operations in India to assemble motorcycles for the Indian market from the component kits supplied by its US plants and it expects the facility to be operational in the first half of 2011," the company added.

Commenting on the plans Harley-Davidson Motor Company President and Chief Operating Officer Matthew S Levatich said, "Given the strong response we have received in the initial months of retail operations, we believe this is the right investment for this important market".

After the Haryana facility will be operational, Harley-Davidson India will import CKD kits for select models from the company's US plants and employees at the Haryana facility will then assemble the components into finished motorcycles, the company added.

However, rest of the models will continue to be imported as completely built motorcycles for now.

Harley-Davidson India commenced operations in August 2009 and currently offers 12 models in its 2010 line-up in India.

Last month, German luxury car maker BMW said it would start selling motorcycles in India by December through three dealerships, as more global players want to have a share in Asia's third-largest economy's lucrative motorcycle market.

Two-wheeler sales have grown 25.86 percent in India between April-September, data with industry body Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) showed.

Local players like Hero Honda, Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor Co have seen rising sales this year as the rapidly expanding economy continued to pull buyers.

Re: above post ... Mesays brilliant .. a decade or two ago this Co. was on the ropes.

Inida has full 360 Degrees small bike manufacturing eco-system.

All they need to do is set up assembly plant, there's some for sale ... even rent/lease. Everything else can be locally sourced.

Next step, order good glue and slap on the Harley brand on the .. hehe ..'tunkie'.

1 last thing. Re: entry of Honda, Susookee, etc.; haram ... oops ... hamari Bjaj changed. Now # 1 bike Co. thanks to forced innovation, challenge & competition. Imagine - what becomes of apnee Royal Imperial East Indian Enfield Bullet & .. hehe ... Bullet-ke-Bachche-Log .. Bullet Electra, Bullet 500 ... etc. Vs. Harmy-Davidson. Same-to-same also happened re: Tata Vs. Soosookee & Hoondayee, desi Tractors Vs. Deere & Co. Or inversely, Premier Padmini (Feeyat), Standard 2000 (Rover) etc.

Conclusion: Foreign competition is the best thing, a shot in the arm, for desi Co.'s, especially Bullet & Co. Choice is - do or die! End up like Jawa, Yezdi or Rajdoot! Wotsay?

Personally, I hope Bullet & Co. are up to the competition.

Rest is all marketing ... just as an aside, say Ind-China-Pak-Iran & Indonesia come together as a regional trade group ... like NAFTA, EU, GCC & ASEAN ... there's enough sane minds in this group ... makes me think whynot? .. :cheers:... hehe ... like Russell Peters would say ... '.. MIND-BLASTING !'

Last edited:
TATA Aria

Tata-Aria_price.jpg

Tata-Aria-rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:victory:

Is it just me ... or any 1 else feel like ... Y do Indian vehicles seem made-4-Pak? Besides, plain vanilla economics says the price is sooo r8!

Last edited:
wow these are some really nice looking vehicles..

Like I said separately, these are right priced/right sized for Bangla too, no?

Don't tell me politics keeps these vehicles away from Bangla, Pak markets ... perhaps there is local assembly of Chinese vehicles, perhaps said vehicles are cheaper and better?

Anyone have any answers? Between me and my family,we've been to Bangladesh - Dhaka, and Karachi - Pakistan. No Indian vehicles on the streets ... sorry above para was rhetorical ... so sad ... you guys are getting ripped off ... you end up paying 2-3 times more no?

Last edited:
New:

2009 Royal Enfield Clubman EFI
----------------------------------

Inspired by the Café racers of the 1950’s the latest Royal Enfield Clubman gets a welcome power boost from the new fuel-injected unit construction engine.

1262769909A1570.jpg

With its gleaming polished aluminium tank and ‘Gold Star’ style exhaust this machine will stand out from the crowd wherever you take it.

Royal Enfield motorcycles have been in continuous production for over 100 years, making them the longest running motorcycle brand in the world, and their success story is set to continue with the introduction of a brand new engine for 2009.

499 cc/28 bhp, MSRP: British £4,845 = Rs. 6,53416 Lakh Approx.

Ignition system Electronic Hai ... hai, main marr jawaan ...

royal-enfield-sport.jpg

Besides re: above, now that Royal Enfield has a new engine for their new Bullet, Oberdan Bezzi thought, why not work up a sport version? Although Royal Enfield has long had a cafe racer kit to spiff up their old Bullet, the 500cc thumper was never what most of us would call a sporty engine, simple and reliable, perhaps, but sporty?

The new engine is quite an improvement but this design might still be a bit of wishful thinking. It looks good, no doubt about that, and if you had a race series with only these bikes allowed, it could be a lot of fun. So, if you think about it that way, why not? Interesting.

(c) Respective sites & Total Motorcycles.com

Last edited:
One vehicle I'd like to see restyled, re-engined and rewiwed is Bajaj Matador.
I know there is a starter maerket for it already in Goa.

202077d1254574607t-remembrance-bajaj-tempo-matadors-sibling-viking-01.jpg

(c) Post #4 , from 'Karlosdeille', posted 3rd October 2009, url - "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/66662-remembrance-bajaj-tempo-matadors-sibling-viking.html" from the site www.bhp.com

A small Tata Ace type diesel engine would do, n'est pas? These used to be all ower selling Burgers, Chow-Mein, etc., the 'Indian' Chip Wagon. Right there is another market. Why kill a home-grown Golden Goose, is the new awatar of Bajaj Motors Force Moors so naive ... or plain lazy ... or under legal influence of Wokswagen and Mercedes and therfore debarred from regiing the Matador? (1 or the other ... or both got rights to the damn thing) ... My guess is it's WW not allowing it ... Will sell like hot-cakes if priced like Tata Ace, ~ 2 Lakhs. Huge export market, ... HUGE !

Just a thought, maybe I should get in touch with them and see if the'll let me hack it. An volunteers, I need help to get Bajaj or now Forces's buy-in 1'st. Technically speaking, it's do-able easy ...

Compare with Tata Ace: (Many other similar things in market like M&M, Force, Piaggio, Suzuki?, Atul Motor)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...qcs-lKY9QdMyYyuFM5qiJuj81Km76Oc6rKJ1o0LmEgD1w

There's more info enthusiast and nostalgia on bhp site re: Matador, and possibly more historical on wiki

Last edited:
Can you show some pictures or informations where INDIAN people made the land rover such as the jeeps ?

Classic :what: ... " Indian made land rover such as jeeps ? "

Wotabout :

:cheesy: "Indian made land rower such as jeeps like Gypsy jeep be it otherwise Suzuki Jimny of the name Maruti Suzuki of Suzuki Motor India Ltd. or Grande of Sumo by Tata of ... hehe .. the India? "

:rofl:...

Last edited:
Lol in Pakistan we joke abt tht gol daba and mantries lol... our ministers(a hles) wont even sit in them ... only the benz does it for the bastards..

The last custom made jeep looks f...kn A... I saw it on some car forum also.

More plz

--------x---------x--------------

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

News sources say HM - maker's of 'that dabba gaadi'- called Ambassador, is revamping and coming out with new, updated version.

Celebrity auto designer Dilip Chabbria's take on the Ambassador 'dabba gaadi'. Since Dilip has set the bar as high as he has, expectations are high for the new models. Hope HM can keep pace with expectations :

ambierod-2_48.jpg

ambierod-main_48.jpg

Said design has been doing the media rounds for dog years. :eek2:
Dilip will make you one on demand only, bespoke models are priced 4 Cr.'s.

Re : netas, Indian netas are taking to ... hehe ... Made-In-India Mercedes, Audi and BMW's like fish to water. Playing catch-up to Pak netas?

Re: Mahindra mod job, naaaa ... na me cuppa tea ;)

Last edited:
Technically speaking, my analysis says India can take advantage from it's giant small car factories (Maruti (Suzuki) Udyog: Gurgaon/Manesar-Worl's largest small car plant, Tata Motors-Pune, looks bigger than Maruti Suzuki on google maps because they also make jeeps, trucks, cranes, buses etc. and part of the plant is rented out to Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai-Madras(Chennai), another giant plant, at least Hyundai's biggest outside Korea) Ashok Leyland giant plant in South near Madras to dominate Global small electric car market.

Also HM plant in Calcutta, LML, Tata & Scooter India Ltd. 3 wheeler plants in Lucknow-Kanpur, Bajaj 3-Wheeler plant in Pune, Mahindra in Chakan, Tata in in Uttarakhand & Sanand already making small Nano, Ace, Ace Magic etc., Ace variants. There's another 1/2 dozen other operations like Atul Motors, TVS, Swaraj Tractor, Vans, Trucks & Bus, Jonga-Shaktiman factory in Jabalpur, Sonalika & ICML. Also the giant plants set up by Ford, Toyota, VW, GM, Nissan etc. ... Ideal SWOT/PEST case re: small electrics!

Pak should take advantage of the un-precedented opportunity, there's a gap in the market, definitely get into the 'green' small electric vehicles market.

Back
Top Bottom