What's new

Made in India Vehicles

My dad got me a Suzuki A-star last year, and a TVS Wego this year. I am really proud of those two.

TVS-Wego.png

-------xxx-------

Mech., TVS Hybrid Concept from Indonesia, Wotsay ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

[
TVS+Hybrid+QUBE+2.0.jpg

Now 'Made in India' gearboxes for BMW superbikes
B154B3C9DE4F65E4474C9774C35B1.jpg

New Delhi: Signalling the coming of age of Indian auto component makers, Hero Motors has bagged a contract to become the sole international supplier of gearboxes for BMW's motorcycles for both domestic and global markets. Gearboxes are one of the most critical parts in an automobile and involve high-end engineering.

Hero Motors is part of the $4.5-billion Hero Group.

Pankaj Munjal, managing director, Hero Motors, said, "We have developed the gearbox ourselves. Usually, components such as engines and transmissions are made by the company itself, as they involve advanced technology. We have achieved the expertise. BMW Motorrad will source gearboxes from us for products it sells globally." The agreement would be for five-eight years depending on the transmissions sourced for different products by BMW Motorrad.

The deal was closed on Tuesday. "That Europe is the best place for sourcing automobile components is not necessarily correct. The landscape is changing. Our transmission business, for one, has been growing over 70 per cent a year for the last few years", said Munjal.

Indian companies export over $5 billion worth of automobile components in a year.

BMW Motorrad saw 12.3 per cent growth in the last financial year and sold 110,000 motorcycles.

D456307EBFE83E50F5F536AB878D4.jpg

The company is already executing contracts worth over $200 million for supplying components to a Canadian company, Bombardier Recreational Products, and Germany's BMW.

BMW's motorcycle business is not new to India. It has had a long relationship with Hero Motors. BMW Motorrad forayed into the Indian two-wheeler market in the mid-1990s in partnership with Hero Motors with a mid-sized single-cylinder motorcycle. While it sold a few bikes, the venture was closed due to the small size of the Indian superbike market that time.

BWW Motorrad is now back. It started selling products in India in December last year. The models are imported as completely-built units. They are priced upwards of Rs 18 lakh and distributed through Deutsche Motoren, New Delhi, and Navnit Motors, Mumbai.

Hero Motors provides end-to-end engineering solutions. Its customers include Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, BMW Hero Honda and Rotax.

It has two plants in Ghaziabad where it produces transmissions, sheet metals and gear boxes, and one at Manesar in Delhi-NCR. Its two other facilities are in Halol, Gujarat, and Talegaon, Pune.
Now 'Made in India' gearboxes for BMW superbikes - 2 - Autos - MSN India

15062008456.jpg

why the hell no one added this vehicle.... in the night water the crops and in day take the passengers... though illegal

came across many post stating y v r listing the cars with foreign partners as made in India
for my friends across the border go through this articles and U will know how big the Indian auto industry is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_India
jus compare the above with this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_Pakistan

here list list of countries by motor production

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_motor_vehicle_production

and if patenring or collaboration is not considered then i am afraid that jf 17 are made by china only

here are the list of assistance offered by the dragon to u
Al-Khalid MBT:
Karakoram-8 trainer/fighter
Super-7 fighter
Missiles:

check this
source Pakistan-China Defence Cooperation

so friends tell me what should be included in made in India tag ?

see this modified cars by dc ( dilip chabaria -mumbai )

and yes they are not made in india but modified in india

rolls royce

84646-dc-design-cars-picture1.jpg

11090d1209118839-dc-design-cars-1.jpg

1974878625_36c80dc98f.jpg

DC-Imperator-Concept-SUV-1.JPG

The best buy for the Indian Desert Commandos... I would any day Pitch it for the Tender...

_mg_5712.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to your links and read wiki posts on auto industry in India & Pak.
Humbly, I was genuinely surprised even though I should'nt toot my horn here so much.

http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/manza/wallpaper/wallpaper-1024x768-02.jpg

wallpaper-1024x768-02.jpg

Looks like India may well be second to China only.
And while Brazil, Iran, Turkey, Thailand, Russia have comparable giant auto industries, sadly they also have no home-grown brands - that' where the 'pride' thing comes in, no?

I can see how it may map out in the future.

US, Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, China & India Co.'s will remain brand owners. The rest will remain builders/suppliers. A bit of mix is in-evitable. Western Co.'s are already pretty mature. So US, EU & Japan Co.'s will continue to build expensive big & small cars for rich clients, and cheaper small versions for BRICS clients.

China, India and well established Korean brand Co.'s are fragmenting the Global 'bottom of the pyramid' market slugging it out against the western giants with their BRICS models.

China & India Co.'s will leverage their giant home markets to knock-out the doddering western giants. Tata, BYD, Cherry, M & M, Great Wall and more Chinese than Indian Co.'s will capture greater market share. :cheers:

More competition in the lower segment means better, cheaper nicer vehicles for the rest of us. Nothing wrong with that!

And another pair from Tata today :

Tata Magic Iris
------------------

Tata Zip
----------

3 models in 2 days by Tata alone, hard to keep up. :applause:

This is a very interesting development. The Magic is touted to be a replacement for the bajaj rickshaw. It has a 600cc diesel engine that will power the nano diesel variant as well and can seat 4 people comfortably excluding the driver. The mileage is supposed to be 25KMPL. No news if it has an AC but a very important improvement is seat belts :)

It costs around 2.2 lakhs.

More pics:
4288031741_e10604301d.jpg

4288773172_dfd2b361a0.jpg

Tata_Magic_Iris_review.jpg

Tata_Magic_Iris_Interior.jpg

2011-Tata-Magic-Iris-Passenger-Carrier-1-1024x731.jpg

Tata_Magic_Iris_by_igna.jpg

They look good cars from the pictures. Are they available in the UK. Good job by India.

They look good cars from the pictures. Are they available in the UK. Good job by India.

Well we now own Jaguar and Landrover so there you go :cool:

The Hindustan Ambassador is available (Interestingly it is based on the Morris Oxford from UK).
Ambassador_in_UK_m.jpg

I do know Mahindra had versions of a CJ-3B (popular among these was available in India as the Mahindra Classic.)

MahindraDeluxe400.jpg

MahindraBrave.jpg

GliddonMarksmanFront400.jpg

Mahindra also offers tractors and was supposed to introduce Scorpio in the UK and a truck version called Appalachian in the US .

TATA has launched a version of the nano called europa
tata-nano-europa-at-geneva-2009.jpg

and also has started manufacturing a Electric TATA Indica

tata-indica-vista-ev-render-630.jpg

^^thanks,apart from jaguar LR, how about the other indian made cars which are cheap? and are the 7 seater cars available too?

^^thanks,apart from jaguar LR, how about the other indian made cars which are cheap? and are the 7 seater cars available too?

I'm not sure if this is available, a few sites suggest it is. This would not make for a comfy 7 seater. You would have to wait for TATA to launch their line up in UK which may happen soon.

Mahindra-Scorpio-Vlx-BS-IV.jpg

Ahmad bhai, if you mean the Tata vehicles shown above, most of them are good "within a certain price segment". In other words they are designed to be cost-effective "people movers". But then they are not cutting-edge technology yet.Very good for nascent economies.Though Tata has a few models in their range which are higher up both in the price and tech. range.
I don't know about availability in UK, but they are being regularly exported to Southern and Eastern Europe.
Incredibly, I have friends in Germany who were extremely excited about the 'Nano'; so much so that I happened to be in Hamburg when it was launched and whoever I met there only wanted to ask about it; while I knew next to nothing about it. I even tried to dampen their enthusiasm, by saying that it hardly classified as an Autobahn-worthy car; but they countered by saying it should be very good city car. Probably they recalled images of the "Volkswagen" which took birth in Germany as a true 'peoples car' and this seemed to be a re-incarnation of that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom