What's new

Malala, 15, set to make Britain her permanent home

acha hai, she will be at least safe in Britain and hopefully return to Pakistan in couple of years time

Pakistan ke halaat hi aise hain ke bas kya kaha jaa sakta hai. She couldn't have been put under the cage in order to ensure her safety in Pakistan and you could expect another attempt of killing from the Zalimaans. So it is wise to stay safe by living abroad for a couple of years until she is fully recovered and out of the potential danger of zalimaans.

acha hai, she will be at least safe in Britain and hopefully return to Pakistan in couple of years time

Pakistan ke halaat hi aise hain ke bas kya kaha jaa sakta hai. She couldn't have been put under the cage in order to ensure her safety in Pakistan and you could expect another attempt of killing from the Zalimaans. So it is wise to stay safe by living abroad for a couple of years until she is fully recovered and out of the potential danger of zalimaans.

But zakii, does that mean that GOP can't even guarantee the security of 15 year old girl who has become the face of reform in Pakistan?? Than how can GOP assure the safety & security of it's 18 crore people???

I can understand the security reason. But, if she is an activist then what is stopping her. Things will now go back to the same with the Taliban using this to say that she only did this to get out and live in UK with the enemy.

Her parents can go back.
You mean 15 year old daughter lives in UK all-alone? and the parents go back to Pakistan?
If her life is in danger, she should be given a new identity under the witness protection programme rather than offering her father a job at the Pak High Commission.
You talk about changing her identity? Not possible, she is now a celebrity who would be recognised by anybody all over the world. Even 8 year old kids of Angelina Jolie would recognise her in America if she ever visited USA.

That should be merit based only.

What special does the high commission do anyway? There is a computer and they are always busy entering the data (name, phone number, address etc) and repeating the same process over and over again, anybody can do that. Her father was a School principle so probably good enough to fill up a simple form in the High Commission

But zakii, does that mean that GOP can't even guarantee the security of 15 year old girl who has become the face of reform in Pakistan?? Than how can GOP assure the safety & security of it's 18 crore people???

GOP does NOT guarantee security for its 170 million population, they have never ever claimed that.

They only guarantee security for the president, prime minister, speaker, a hundred or so politicians.

actually we are going off-topic here....but since you have brought it up.....dude everything what you have mentioned in your post is possible...but not that easily in Pakistan.....your religion,your nationality will be a hurdle....and even if u move to Pak,security is a big problem.....you will certainly become a Manager but only if u remain alive
i think if you live as an expat these things wont matter. if its an indian company, i will be king there. the thing is if pakistan is seriuos about developing its economy with india then they will have to roll out the carpet for indian companies and vice versa. eg. india is putting a lot of hurdles for fdi in retail and no one is coming. if they change policies suddently you wil see walmart, ikea etc oming with their managers and hiring a lot in india. similar is the case if pakistan opens up for indian companies we will go there and setup business. i will only be an employee of a company managing pakistanis and doing deliveries.

Are you a target announced by taliban?

ae .. chup re.. as if you toured there for 3 months living with them?

If I get the opportunity to move to pakistan with a company i work for for a few years I would grab it. there may be a chance for it to happen with the MFN to india and maybe indian it companies may open offices there. maybe I can get a managerial position there.

Here is excellent article to open yr eyes as how well minorities are treated in Pakistan.
When sovereignty belongs to a god - Livemint

In Pakistan, no Sikh can become president [Article 41 (2)], no Christian can become prime minister (Article 91-5). The real villain is, of course, the Hindu. This is what Pakistani children are taught in class V: “The Hindu has always been an enemy of Islam” and “Hindus worship in temples, which are very narrow and dark places, where they worship idols”. In class VI: “Hindus live in small, dark houses” and Partition happened because the Congress “demanded that the Muslims should either embrace Hinduism or leave the country” (taken from A.H. Nayyar and Ahmed Salim’s work The Subtle Subversion).
Punjab’s finance minister Rana Asif Mahmood (also fired this year by the Supreme Court) is a Christian, as was his father, Rana Taj Mahmood. A few months ago, someone mistakenly recorded Asif Mahmood’sfaith in the national database as Islam. Mahmood now cannot change this because the punishment for leaving Islam is death. Once a Muslim, even by someone’s mistake, always a Muslim. This is not the saying of some cleric, it is the order of Pakistan’s chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry

You think I will tell you that here?

Also, must one be a target of the Taliban to expect security or any sort or sense?

If she is a target, witness protection, give her a new identity. Don't keep using her as a "poster child".

Try doing that without cellular services for 3 consecutive days! Sure, we won't mind sharing those perks with you!
why should i share those perks with you or anyone. if i am eligible i will get it otherswise no.

Koi guarantee nahi my friend, only thing they guarantee is that the bomb blast will take place in Rawalpindi for example. Once the bomb is exploded they will say... see we had intelligence reports about the bomb blast --- but obviously the track record of apprehending the culprits before the bomb is exploded is too low to feel safe in the country. Malala couldn't have been provided a security personnel of 50 people otherwise she would probably become mentally sick once again due to high security and no freedom in her life. But even if she was protected like a bird in the cage, if the bomb blast took place near her - you never know if she will survive such attack or not.

Best is to live abroad for a while until the circumstances in the country are improved

at saeed.. please see the number of articles that says pakistan looks very similar to india.

Here is excellent article to open yr eyes as how well minorities are treated in Pakistan.
When sovereignty belongs to a god - Livemint

Hobo.. I dont intend to go to paksitan for a permanent resident. So this minority thing doesnt apply,. I would like to g there as an expat. live and run a business for a few years experience life and come back. there is abig diff.
i dont want to apply for the post of PM or prez. if I am lucky maybe I can find a girl :) but thats about it. I am honest straightforward and hardworking and confident I can get the job done if such an opportunity exists.

ok small troll. malala will anyway get killed in britain. When she adopts a western way of life, her parents will do the job. you got no place to hide my lil girl.. :)

ok small troll. malala will anyway get killed in britain. When she adopts a western way of life, her parents will do the job. you got no place to hide my lil girl.. :)

If you want to see a Muslim country... come to Britain

Change few minor things here n there and you have a ready-made nation ready as is desired in the Islamic kingdom. Trust me, I am no wrong

Whatever the Muslim nations you have in the world are confused, corrupt, dictator, monarchs or other versions of bad example of Muslims... One Muslim scholar wrote in the book that America is the best example of being an Islamic nation... I call it Britain

Her parents can go back.

If her life is in danger, she should be given a new identity under the witness protection programme rather than offering her father a job at the Pak High Commission. That should be merit based only.

Her family has sacrificed for a Pakistani cause and they deserve and have earned the right to get benefits. What have you ever done for Pakistan other than sit and criticize, Mr. Elmo ?

The Yousafzai family has been through horrific tragedy and suffering and it is distressing to see US or UK based Pakistanis criticising the family for protecting itself and choosing to find a safer home in UK. If you want to fight Taliban, please feel free to return to Pakistan and fight them. Leave this poor family alone as they have been through enough.

Back
Top Bottom