What's new

Malala Yousafzai seals book deal for a reported £2 mn

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Zeenews Bureau

London: Teen activist Malala Yousufzai, who was shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls' education, has sealed a deal reported to be worth around GBP 2 million to write a book on her life.

'I am Malala' will be published in the autumn.

The Guardian quoted Yousafzai as saying: "I hope this book will reach people around the world, so they realise how difficult it is for some children to get access to education."

"I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right."

The book will be published by Weidenfeld & Nicholson in the UK and Commonwealth and by Little, Brown in the rest of the world.

The 15-year-old was shot by a Taliban assassin as she took a bus home from school in Pakistan's northwest region in October 2012. She was flown to Britain shortly after the attack and was treated at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Malala's family is currently living in the West Midlands. Her father has been appointed education attaché at the Consulate of Pakistan for the next three years. Malala has now begun to attend a school in Britain.

She began writing a blog on the BBC Urdu service under a pseudonym about life in the Swat Valley in 2009. She was shot after her real identity became known. Since the shooting, Malala has been awarded several peace prizes and is the youngest person to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

(With PTI inputs)
This is the way how you cash in now I seriously starting to believe conspiracy theories :tdown::tdown:

^You mean Yahud o Nasara ki sazish...kia book likna juram he ya khilaf e shariat he?
No not all but her actions are making sure that conspiracy theories get more stronger by every passing day she has been used to malign Pakistan and now earning millions which even in many people of UK find difficult to earn in their whole life

No not all but her actions are making sure that conspiracy theories get more stronger by every passing day she has been used to malign Pakistan and now earning millions which even in many people of UK find difficult to earn in their whole life

That is exactly true - heights of conspiracy and well played by her by taking a bullet in her head and damaging her brains to convince the public.

That is exactly true - heights of conspiracy and well played by her by taking a bullet in her head and damaging her brains to convince the public.

If you go by many such posters here, they probably figure that there is nothing much to lose taking a bullet to the head. Piece of cake...... I suggest the Pakistani government offer the Taliban militants & their supporters precisely such a deal. Anyone who takes a bullet in the head (preferably to be put in there by a trained military personnel - both to see that it is done cleanly & also to prevent cheating :lol:) can then claim a book deal (provided they can write):)

Can someone please shoot me in the head too(preferable near a school(must survive(with brains intact))), and go abroad and get £2 mn worth book deals ....

psst - above comment is a joke

Omg its only a matter of time when western media will acknowledge her in the same league as Mother Teresa :omghaha:
These Westerners will buy anything that derails and shows South Asia in a bad shape .

Zeenews Bureau

This is the way how you cash in now I seriously starting to believe conspiracy theories :tdown::tdown:

Two things.

Nice to see Zee News being quoted by Pakistanis.

Next, had the girl not been targeted for speaking up she could well have been at school now.

Where is the conspiracy ???

Zeenews Bureau

London: Teen activist Malala Yousufzai, who was shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls' education, has sealed a deal reported to be worth around GBP 2 million to write a book on her life.

'I am Malala' will be published in the autumn.

The Guardian quoted Yousafzai as saying: "I hope this book will reach people around the world, so they realise how difficult it is for some children to get access to education."

"I want to tell my story, but it will also be the story of 61 million children who can't get education. I want it to be part of the campaign to give every boy and girl the right to go to school. It is their basic right."

The book will be published by Weidenfeld & Nicholson in the UK and Commonwealth and by Little, Brown in the rest of the world.

The 15-year-old was shot by a Taliban assassin as she took a bus home from school in Pakistan's northwest region in October 2012. She was flown to Britain shortly after the attack and was treated at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Malala's family is currently living in the West Midlands. Her father has been appointed education attaché at the Consulate of Pakistan for the next three years. Malala has now begun to attend a school in Britain.

She began writing a blog on the BBC Urdu service under a pseudonym about life in the Swat Valley in 2009. She was shot after her real identity became known. Since the shooting, Malala has been awarded several peace prizes and is the youngest person to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

(With PTI inputs)

That's my girl. Proud of you Malalai.....a true hero my hero....

She never maligned Pakistan she showed the world what bright rays of hope we have. And then there is you and your ugly kind...

her name is now being cashed in by host country... wish these satanic mullah could be controlled and she could come back in her town and continue normal life and fulfill her dreams.... but hey satanic mullah think they follow Islam, factually they are destroying Islam and Islamic values..

I am sure she will use all the proceeds for girls education in her town (wink)

I dont disagree with your thoughts but you shouldn't blame a 15 year old girl... We all know what kind of limited thoughts do a 15 years old have...
Take for example if a car gets into an accident...we blame the driver...not the passengers for it...
Same here, her father is the one who driving ...Blame him and he must be...You know our people can do anything for money and passport of western countries...

I dont disagree with your thoughts but you shouldn't blame a 15 year old girl... We all know what kind of limited thoughts do a 15 years old have...
Take for example if a car gets into an accident...we blame the driver...not the passengers for it...
Same here, her father is the one who driving ...Blame him and he must be...You know our people can do anything for money and passport of western countries...

Oh and I forgot malala's father is a true patriot. Respect to him and may Allah protect him.

Back
Top Bottom