What's new

Manmohan & Hu Jintao declare 2012 as year of India-China friendship

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Manmohan & Hu Jintao meet in Delhi, declare 2012 as year of India-China friendship

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao today reviewed bilateral ties including the vexed boundary dispute and decided to continue dialogue to resolve outstanding issues.

At a brief ceremony at the Prime Minister's official residence, Hu and Singh also declared 2012 as the year of India-China friendship.

"The border issue was discussed and the two leaders agreed that Special Representative process should continue to find an amicable solution to the issue," an official said.

In the hour-long meeting, the two leaders expressed satisfaction that the two countries were on course in achieving the $100 billion trade target set for 2015.

Hu also assured Singh to facilitate access for Indian goods to Chinese markets, a move that would lead to reduction of the trade imbalances, officials said.

Singh invited Chinese investments in India, particularly in infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.

The two leaders also decided to expand consultation to include West Asia, Central Asia and Africa, they said.

They unveiled a host of initiatives to bolster cultural and people-to-people contacts, including setting up of a media forum to promote better public perception of their bilateral relationship.

Singh and Hu noted that the goal of the Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) was to further strengthen mutual trust and to expand the strategic partnership of cooperation.

The SED was held last year when Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia met Zhang Ping, the Director of China's National Development and Reform Commission in Beijing.

Manmohan & Hu Jintao meet in Delhi, declare 2012 as year of India-China friendship - The Times of India

Good News, hope both sides work on reducing the mistrust and let we give up the claim on Aksai Chin and them on AP.
Thats it..!!! nothing more...

Just before two month our media was shouting at chinese army who destroyed a wall near tawang, now what happened ???
why this inconsistancy in the behaviour..??
There is a big trust deficit present between india and china in between this india-china friendship in 2012...

Thats it..!!! nothing more...

Just before two month our media was shouting at chinese army who destroyed a wall near tawang, now what happened ???
why this inconsistancy in the behaviour..??
There is a big trust deficit present between india and china in between this india-china friendship in 2012...

I'd trust your government more than your media. Indian government looks at the Indian economic benefit and many of Indian medias just want a smily face of their western owners.

I'd trust your government more than your media. Indian government looks at the Indian economic benefit and many of Indian medias just want a smily face of their western owners.

Some section of Indian media like any other nation's media are tabloid.

Even we don't trust our media. They are just big corporate houses with TRP hungry programmes.

I am looking forward for such a declaration between India and Pakistan.

Then .. unemployment will rise in both country .. Vested interest groups like difa-e-Pakistan will get jobless.

I am looking forward for such a declaration between India and Pakistan.

Ground work is being done to have such declaration in place…..For ex. Pak offered MFN to India, India offered Gas and Power to Pak…..Indian PM called Pak PM as the man of peace…..

But, India and Pak case is totally different, there is so much involvement and influence of extremist and people with prejudice which is very difficult to sort out by dialogue and wills of elected leaders of these two countries..

I personally feel, both the countries have lost too much by adamantly pursing the subject matter of dispute…

After partition, both countries had so much to do for their people in the area of poverty eradication and education but more or less we both spent too much of our resources in fighting against each other leaving little resource for the development of our country…

India has somehow managed to come out of it and concentrate on our economy , but we have two C problems, Corruption and China which is why we are still not able to shape up as best country for its people!

Good development.

The people of Asia need to concentrate on improving the living standards of all Asians.
Instead of bickering amongst themselves.
Yeah. If Pakistan, India and China had put their money on construction instead of their border militaries, there would have already been an decent fast railway system spread out in these three countries.

Positive development :tup:

Only few internet warriors think otherwise. Recently my friend visited China and he told me that you that can't believe how helpful are chinese.

Ground work is being done to have such declaration in place…..For ex. Pak offered MFN to India, India offered Gas and Power to Pak…..Indian PM called Pak PM as the man of peace…..

But, India and Pak case is totally different, there is so much involvement and influence of extremist and people with prejudice which is very difficult to sort out by dialogue and wills of elected leaders of these two countries..

I personally feel, both the countries have lost too much by adamantly pursing the subject matter of dispute…

After partition, both countries had so much to do for their people in the area of poverty eradication and education but more or less we both spent too much of our resources in fighting against each other leaving little resource for the development of our country…

India has somehow managed to come out of it and concentrate on our economy , but we have two C problems, Corruption and China which is why we are still not able to shape up as best country for its people!
Adding China to this equation, Things gets more complicated. Since China has to cover its interests in Southern tibet/northen india. But China is very glad to see the peace among Pakistan, India and China. It is obvious that China desperately wants the economic development of Pakistan, As it is our most reliable ally. Secondly the excessive productivity is troubling China right now. And the massive Indian needs of fundamental constructions give China a very attractive solution. I see this declaration as a very good start. Hope they can negotiate and talk and bargain, do whatever they can to acheive the peace.
As for the extremists, as I believe light evidicts dark, the civiliazation and modernization evidicts prejudice. The major problem is still the economic development...

Positive development :tup:

Only few internet warriors think otherwise. Recently my friend visited China and he told me that you that can't believe how helpful are chinese.
I alway believe people are nice and innocent. But men in power (including all the powerful individuals and groups in US, China, Europe, India, Pakistan...in the field of religion, government, military, bank, company...) keep people busy at fighting against each other to make sure their power has no threats from below.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom