What's new

Mass Conversion To Christianity: A Case Study Of Chuhra Community In Sialkot District (1880- 1930)

You don't even know who Sindhus are ... Are you even Punjabi?
I definitely do know who the ancient Sindhus were; I plan on writing an academic essay on them soon. I do not see how that fits into the equation where you randomly claimed Sindhus were the second largest Jatt clan (which is not true) and most likely mixed them up with Jatt Sandhus.

And who said that Dhariwal Churahs are in large numbers in West Punjab??
:lol:
Are you sure that you live around the Sialkot area?

Than educate him about them who they are what they do where they do live
BTW who you are

I can't educate someone who pretends to know everything already.

I definitely do know who the ancient Sindhus were;

This statement alone is enough to show how much you really know ....

:lol:
Are you sure that you live around the Sialkot area?

As I said, I am not interested in your childish nonsense,
This is a serious thread,
And if you have nothing to contribute,
then don't spoil it

Stop quoting me ...
I am not interested in your childish nonsense.
This is a serious thread ...
That is sad my friend, I had hoped that you would learn for the benefit of both of us and abandon this odd narrative, if not, at least had given a reasonable argument. Unfortunately you have failed both. In the face of evidence and refutation you have been using evasion tactics through immature comments like these. If you cannot handle a simple academic discussion, then this may not be your forte.

This statement alone is enough to show how much you really know ....
There are many references to Sindhus, please do elaborate instead of hiding behind a cloud of vagueness and ambiguity.

That is sad my friend, I had hoped that you would learn for the benefit of both of us and abandon this odd narrative, if not, at least had given a reasonable argument. Unfortunately you have failed both. In the face of evidence and refutation you have been using evasion tactics through immature comments like these. If you cannot handle a simple academic discussion, then this may not be your forte.

Go troll the Indians, bro... The only thing you are good at
This is a serious discussion meant for mature and knowledgeable posters only
Have a nice day...

Yes. Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs of northern India look around and see that the low castes are the converts to Christianity. Thus, in their minds they occupy Christianity to low castes. This was a new knowledge for me, when I lived with northern Indians during my Engg days. They know only either elite Anglo-Protestants or Goan Catholics and most of the "others" are native tribals converted to Christianity. That's why, I remember a Pakistani member here few years back tried to call Christians as Choor-Chamars, since his exposure to Christians in South Asia is limited to low caste/tribal converts. I did not understood this then, since I'm from Kerala.

You are wrong about Pakistan, we don’t have castes. Even our ancient ancestors which @Talwar e Pakistan pointed out did not follow the caste system but Rig Vedic/Ancient Iranic religion.

Christians are low economic classes, whom mostly were Hindu. They are looked down on by certain people, not all or even majority, for eating pork and drinking alcohol. Attitudes are changing now, Alhamdulilah.

Many of them are not native to our region (Punjab.) simply look at their complexion and facial features. They look like Indians.

You don't even know who Sindhus are ... Are you even Punjabi?

You are the only Punjabi here it seems.

We must all be fake.

@Talwar e Pakistan @Taimur Khurram

Please do tell me what groups is it that most Pakistanis come from that would be considered "low" by Indians.

Jatts and Gujjars are the primary ones I was thinking of. Indians generally view these groups as low.

The largest tribes of Punjab are Jatts, Rajputs, Sheikhs, Arains and Awans

Sheikhs, Awans and Arains all claim foreign origin. We've already covered Jatts, and I agree that Indians have a high view of Rajputs. You're not giving me any compelling reason to change my view.

................................ Though sindh and balochistan not so ideal agricultural economy in older days was likely main reason not many went there.

It has always been like this, people move to places where there is wealth/money or resources. The migrations of the churas from gangetic plains to westerards in punjab, kashmir, kpk in the past was no different than the current migrations of south asians to Gulf GCC, Europe or America, economics has always been the driving factor for people to "move" from one place to another.
Also they cannot be "old" inhabitants of punjab since most villages in punjab are hardly less than 500 years old because before 500 years there was no "persian wheel" introduced in punjab agriculture so agriculture was limited and only few villages exited at that time in comparison to the number that we have today which all depend on water irrigation from british built canals or persian wheels before that. I think before 500 years in punjab when agriculture was only limited to areas near river/stream banks or areas with good natural rain falls, most of the people must have lived a pastoral life that we see among "Gujjars/Bakarwal" people living in Kashmir and northern pakistan who move from season to season to different areas for greener pastures for their cattle/sheep/goats etc., milk/dairy products must have been a major food source in those days.

I'm not interested in explaining the videos word by word.

Then why on Earth are you still bothering to converse? You literally won't accept anything. Why even bother to challenge what I'm saying if you will just ignore whatever evidence I bring and reject any points I make?

Did they? Nope, never have a Muslim ruler set foot in where I live.

You're south Indian. All of south India has been under Muslim rule, one way or another.

If Indo-Aryan came in by waves, why there are no historical accounts of it?

There ARE. That's the thing, you don't know what you're talking about, and when I prove you wrong, you ask for evidence but don't use it.

You are also wrong when calling Dasyu as a branch in Indo Aryans

No I'm not, it's a well established theory among academia that those people in the Vedas called the Dasyu are in fact another branch of Indo-Europeans.

Since you've proven you don't want a proper discussion by rejecting whatever evidence is thrown at you without giving any valid reason why, I'm not entertaining this discussion any further.

Then why on Earth are you still bothering to converse? You literally won't accept anything. Why even bother to challenge what I'm saying if you will just ignore whatever evidence I bring and reject any points I make?
Like I already asked, why should I agree with whatever the video said? Is it the absolute and only truth? According to you I should have a conversation where I'm not allowed to disagree with points raised? lol Too fragile.

You're south Indian. All of south India has been under Muslim rule, one way or another.
Not really. My point still stands as no Islamic ruler has ever set foot in the place I live. Maybe they made a deal, doesn't matter. But you can look any Islamic empire maps and see a strip in south India that is not conquered.:)

There ARE. That's the thing, you don't know what you're talking about, and when I prove you wrong, you ask for evidence but don't use it.
Then bring me any links that supports your claim. You are saying there are evidence for an invasion, then quote history channel kinda theory clips. Did they publish any papers on the invasion? I expect a straight answer not some "Of course there are evidence, what are you saying, you don't know anything" kind of comments. It holds no water.

No I'm not, it's a well established theory among academia that those people in the Vedas called the Dasyu are in fact another branch of Indo-Europeans.
Is the name of theorist Taimur Khurram? :D Sorry sunshine, there are no such branch anywhere in history.

Dasyu clan:enjoy:

You are the only Punjabi here it seems.

Looking at your posts........... seems like you guys are more Arab, Turk, Mughal and Persian (or even Aryan) than Punjabi.
You guys need to know your roots and take pride in your own identity. (If you really are Punjabis)

And you are here distributing certificates who is Punjabi

No, but I am really surprised at the ignorance of those about Punjab and its history/society (and their love for foreign races) who are trying to pass themselves off as Punjabis here.

The migrations of the churas from gangetic plains to westerards in punjab, kashmir, kpk ...

Again, any evidence to support this migration theory?

No, but I am really surprised at the ignorance of those about Punjab and its history/society (and their love for foreign races) who are trying to pass themselves off as Punjabis here.

Actually they are trying to distance themselves from India and want to be associated with Western asians members like Indus Pakistan and some other

Actually they are trying to distance themselves from India and want to be associated with Western asians members like Indus Pakistan and some other

We are proud Pakistanis and this is enough to distance ourselves from Indians (who themselves are a highly diverse group/nation anyway). We really don't have to re-invent history as a distancing tool..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom