What's new

Mass protests as Hong Kong marks 15 years under China

Status
Not open for further replies.
HongKong is a city of China same as Mumbay is city of india.

Long Live China with integrity.:china:

I replied to an Offtopic comment , and it does make the reply off topic...

Of course they are... Who deny? But a coin have two sides...

But the majority is happy which is good. You will always find the richest people who complain the most.

I would take prosperity and happiness over democracy and hell any day.

Why don't you compare Hong Kong to any of your port cities eh?

HongKong is a city of China same as Mumbay is city of india.

Long Live China with integrity.:china:

HongKong was a part of China, as much as Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan, and as much as Pakistan was a part of India.

Chinese are fond of claiming "Han race" ... so, probably that argument will tie HongKong to China.

Your comparison of Mumbai being a part of India, equates to Shanghai being a part of China.

HongKongers claim them as "separate and distinct" from China... just like people such as yourself would argue for Pakistan and Bangladesh.

So, if you argue for Pak / BD as separate .... you should remain consistent with the same argument for HongKongers too.

Dual standards are not good for making your own argument.

HongKong was a part of China, as much as Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan, and as much as Pakistan was a part of India.

Chinese are fond of claiming "Han race" ... so, probably that argument will tie HongKong to China.

Your comparison of Mumbai being a part of India, equates to Shanghai being a part of China.

HongKongers claim them as "separate and distinct" from China... just like people such as yourself would argue for Pakistan and Bangladesh.

So, if you argue for Pak / BD as separate .... you should remain consistent with the same argument for HongKongers too.

Dual standards are not good for making your own argument.

Pakistani, India and Bangladesh chose to be seperate from each other, one on ethno-lunguistic grounds, the other on cultural-religious. Can this example really be applied to Hong Kong who(I'm assuming) chose to be part of China and have the same cultural, religious and ethnical background?

We are not happy? How do you know? By one picture in a small rally?

Check the pictures Mr. Imran Khan posted. Our future is already here so there is no need to speak for us.

That is not a small rally but a very big protest rally, as We local HKer are not happy with what the
Beijing authories and Wolf Leung had done. The celebrate ceremony is just a paid event to makeup
for the HK government even so which are much less attendents than the rally. Completely no match at
all.

That is not a small rally but a very big protest rally, as We local HKer are not happy with what the
Beijing authories and Wolf Leung had done.
The celebrate ceremony is just a paid event to makeup
for the HK government even so which are much less attendents than the rally. Completely no match at
all.

Can you please explain this point?

Beijing authories and Wolf Leung had done. The celebrate ceremony is just a paid event to makeup
all.

You can have a difference of opinion to your government its your right.

But here we are supporting china to keep hong kong as its part and solve the disputes with peace. If you don't like a government then it can be changed and disputes can be solved. :)

Hey I saw Occupie Miami protests with my very own eyes, but those didn't even make it on the independant Daily Miami Herald for weeks.

NY Times made fun of those protesters.

Perhaps the Chinese media just didnt think it was a worthy news to print or write about.
ohh you mean when Chinese president is heckled by a person while giving his speech..chinese media did not think that it worthy...thats great...I think if a hongkonger would have criticized the mass protest instead of that question, then they would have printed it..what do ya think? ;)

But the majority is happy which is good. You will always find the richest people who complain the most.

I would take prosperity and happiness over democracy and hell any day.

Why don't you compare Hong Kong to any of your port cities eh?

I cant... Its not like HK was developed from scratch by chinese... The britishers have that credit... HK is a good industrial city..

You can have a difference of opinion to your government its your right.

But here we are supporting china to keep hong kong as its part and solve the disputes with peace. If you don't like a government then it can be changed and disputes can be solved. :)

Even here we do not want HK to be separated from china or something like that... If the communist party dont listen to their problem , what will they do?

1341138688_4a28.jpg

1341128943_d389.jpg

1341129015_3126.jpg

bkn-20120701205937255-0701_00822_001_01b.jpg

1341147706_db9d.jpg

e2a2796429fd15405aaba695dec3c0a8.jpg

c00e4e8e2b75b6c32f5dd6a3406c75f1.jpg

8049_342398925835731_1565834675_n.jpg

Hong Kong is rife with ANGLOPHILES, so it is no surprise that there were protests. These people think Westerners are gods and lap up western propaganda like it is going out of style.

Fake China is exposed again......

The only thing I am not happy about Hong Kong is the number of Indians on the street scamming people for money...

Exactly same problem with Chinese govt..the cant recognize their own people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom