What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

BS argument!

This writer picked up the fury against Zardari by the Pakistani blogspace and is piggy-backing on that. Most Western citizens don't know and couldn't care less who is Pakistan's president so long as they are assured that no more Faisal Shahzads are coming from Pakistan and no more 7/7.

By the way, what a wonderful blogspace it is! They have managed to diverted countless combined hours/days into Zardari bashing ('the shoe') rather than coming up with alternate plans for water management.

Oh, did Zardari stop people from doing the kind of en masse mobilization witnessed by average Pakistanis post Oct. 2005 earthquake?

Yeah, he probably did. Come to think of it, he probably also caused the plane crash in the Margallah.
this is not a BS arguement..being a neutral this is my perception. and my friend perception defines the action

We should park those F-16s in China until these floods vanish. Hay na Idea? ;)

No, your 'perception' does not hold water. May be, just may be, some British citizens had factored in Zardari visit (which, by the way, got more money for flood relief then ALL the blogspace and media-pundits' could hope to gather for relief).

As DGMO pointed out there are a lot of factors. The most important being Pakistan's 'image' in the world these days. There is certainly some 'donor fatigue'. Certainly something to do with Haiti happened so close to American mainland.

The worst part of all this is that tremendous amount of Zardari-bashing goes on versus flood relief or thought of water management plans. Just look up how many people are addicted to watching Bilawal partying even though his chances of becoming anything more than the CM of Sindh are remote (and rightly so, by the way).

No, your 'perception' does not hold water. May be, just may be, some British citizens had factored in Zardari visit (which, by the way, got more money for flood relief then ALL the blogspace and media-pundits' could hope to gather for relief).

As DGMO pointed out there are a lot of factors. The most important being Pakistan's 'image' in the world these days. There is certainly some 'donor fatigue'. Certainly something to do with Haiti happened so close to American mainland.

The worst part of all this is that tremendous amount of Zardari-bashing goes on versus flood relief or thought of water management plans. Just look up how many people are addicted to watching Bilawal partying even though his chances of becoming anything more than the CM of Sindh are remote (and rightly so, by the way).
u didnt get it my friend..this all this things led to creation of perceptions among the masses. DGMO sir rightly pointed in previous post that if he is visiting then might be problem is not that big...again the perception. perception is dangerous than reality. try 2 understand. dont u think if he called for donation from paksitan it could be more fruitful rather than wasting exchequers money in foreign visit. he could have postponed it.

Last edited:
I understand and I say that may be, just may be, some people did not give donations because of that perception. But the lack of donations does not have anything significant to do with Zardari: Donations can be made in so many ways where the federal govt. of Pakistan is bypassed (if 'corruption' is the consideration).
It is most probably the 'image' of Pakistan, bad global economy, donor fatigue, combined with the stupidity of Pakistani blogspace/media who have spent an enormous amount of time putting down their own President and government instead of actively projecting the plight of the Pakistanis due to the flood.

I urge people to night ride the wave all the time and think through: Nothing good was going to come out of focusing too much attention on Zardari (whose visit, as I say, will probably get more $ for Pakistan than the blogspace's work).

Again, we still need to debate as to why Pakistanis themselves did not SPONTANEOUSLY mobilize the way like they did in Oct. 2005? I dont' think Musharraf galvanized them. I think, at that time, Pakistani economy was good. There were far less incidents of terrorism than since 2007. This year, it looks like Zardari-bashing is the flavor of the day instead of helping fellows. Apathy? Fatigue? Too battered?

I understand and I say that may be, just may be, some people did not give donations because of that perception. But the lack of donations does not have anything significant to do with Zardari: Donations can be made in so many ways where the federal govt. of Pakistan is bypassed (if 'corruption' is the consideration).
It is most probably the 'image' of Pakistan, bad global economy, donor fatigue, combined with the stupidity of Pakistani blogspace/media who have spent an enormous amount of time putting down their own President and government instead of actively projecting the plight of the Pakistanis due to the flood.

I urge people to night ride the wave all the time and think through: Nothing good was going to come out of focusing too much attention on Zardari (whose visit, as I say, will probably get more $ for Pakistan than the blogspace's work).

Again, we still need to debate as to why Pakistanis themselves did not SPONTANEOUSLY mobilize the way like they did in Oct. 2005? I dont' think Musharraf galvanized them. I think, at that time, Pakistani economy was good. There were far less incidents of terrorism than since 2007. This year, it looks like Zardari-bashing is the flavor of the day instead of helping fellows. Apathy? Fatigue? Too battered?
sir, timing of zardari's visit was so wrong...cameron's statement and worst distater..this both had a cascading effect along with the image of zardari. i meant how could to spend lavishly on foreing visit while ur countrymen dying. one more thing, it always not about money only, moral support does matter.

Mohan,
I really doubt the international community was going to be really moved even if Zardari was waist-deep in water on day 1 of flooding. Your 'perception' of Zardari and the question of 'timing may have some merit but of far bigger importance is Pakistan's 'image' as well as other factors like Haiti's proximity to the US, the current state of global economy, the failure of Pakistani blogspace to channel to the correct focus, the global 'donor fatigue'....

Zardari is an escape goat. I am certain that the same blogspace which failed to give much credit to him for giving up powers because of the 18th Amendment would find fault in Zardari if he had stayed home: 'Oh, look at him. It costs so much to secure him while we need the money and the personnel for flood relief'.
Anyway, I have said all I wanted to say. It seems not be getting to you, which is find. But someone has to stand up--even or especially against the current--and let the world know that there is another viewpoint. There are a few of us here.

well we can park them in islamabad chaklala air base i dont think so their is any flood

for security of birds send them to lockeheed or delhi . uncle sam.

I agree with the author, it is most likely due to the impression in the minds of western people that Pakistan is linked to terrorism in their countries and the loss of their troops in Afghanistan to the Afghan taliban operating from Pakistan.

But it seems, not just western countries, even countries from OIC and Pakistan's all-weather friend China is also reluctant to part with money. What could be reason for this??.

Do you think it might have something to do with there being 21,000 deaths from the earth quake in Haiti and what 1000 or 1500 in Pakistan or do you just think its because every one hates muslems.

Do you think it might have something to do with there being 21,000 deaths from the earth quake in Haiti and what 1000 or 1500 in Pakistan or do you just think its because every one hates muslems.
The flood is still happening, and the bodies haven't been recovered yet. Expect the death toll to rise sharply.

As well, being Muslim may not hurt their chances, but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Despite Cameroon's statement UK are the leading donor of AID for Pakistani floods

_48697649_flood_donations_464.gif

I am actually surprised that the Middle East countries have not really stepped up as well as China.

I am actually surprised that the Middle East countries have not really stepped up as well as China.
What makes you think they will donate? Because their Muslim as well? Being the same fate doesn't mean anything.

China's reaction isn't surprising when you consider that other countries aren't donating much either. Bad image and not many casualties contribute to that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom