What's new

MCA News & Discussions

Good stuff! looking forward to more information about this project.

However, let's hope that the term "indigenous" isn't overused for the MCA as well. India will have to learn a lot about next gen aircraft, and there is no shame in admitting to learn a thing or two from the best in the world. Also, 8-10 years is unrealistic, especially considering that the the LCA program has been going on since the 80s and is still not complete (which, incidentally, was around the time the F-22 program started). The LCA program suffered from overscheduling and overbudgeting due primarily to oversight and overengineering, therefore, you must make sure the mistakes are not repeated.

Edit

By the way, what's with the naming system? If an F-22 equivalent is a "Medium Combat Aircraft", what the heck would a "Full Combat Aircraft" look like?

Good stuff! looking forward to more information about this project.

However, let's hope that the term "indigenous" isn't overused for the MCA as well. India will have to learn a lot about next gen aircraft, and there is no shame in admitting to learn a thing or two from the best in the world. Also, 8-10 years is unrealistic, especially considering that the the LCA program has been going on since the 80s and is still not complete (which, incidentally, was around the time the F-22 program started). The LCA program suffered from overscheduling and overbudgeting due primarily to oversight and overengineering, therefore, you must make sure the mistakes are not repeated.

Edit

By the way, what's with the naming system? If an F-22 equivalent is a "Medium Combat Aircraft", what the heck would a "Full Combat Aircraft" look like?

the project might make it in time coz

1)experience gained in lca program
2)the ongoing colaboration with russia in pakfa/fgfa program
3) tot for mrca
4) tot obtained for su 30 mki(this cannot help lca coz su 30 is a larger plane and is twin engined )
these might make available the technological know how and might help in indegenisation.

ps:by the above i do not mean india would copy the tech but the above would provide a base to develop new tech

the project might make it in time coz

1)experience gained in lca program
2)the ongoing colaboration with russia in pakfa/fgfa program
3) tot for mrca
4) tot obtained for su 30 mki(this cannot help lca coz su 30 is a larger plane and is twin engined )
these might make available the technological know how and might help in indegenisation.

ps:by the above i do not mean india would copy the tech but the above would provide a base to develop new tech

I will just add a few more points to that:

5) A booming economy and availability of sufficient funds for the project. (Remember LCA suffered a lot due to unavailability of funding in the 80s and 90s when the economy was in a very bad shape).

6) Increased salaries and remuneration for scientists and engineers and a much larger talent pool to choose from.

7) Partial lifting of sanctions post the nuclear deal with US. (India has been living under global sanctions since 74, when we popped our 1st nuke. This too affected the LCA program adversely).

8) A much larger and wider aerospace industrial base in India as compared to the 80's and 90's.

9) Cooperation with many more countries like US, Russia, ISrael, France, UK etc. which didn't exist in the 80s and 90s.

LCA doesn't work, hence the MCA is a waste of discussion. Not happening till, the Indians have low credibility in their ability to delivery on such projects.

LCA doesn't work, hence the MCA is a waste of discussion. Not happening till, the Indians have low credibility in their ability to delivery on such projects.

Agreed sir. Total waste of money.

But i am happy because our engineers are able to learn and are working in India...:)

Even if they fail in this kind of projects they should receive more money.

Many of the people working on this projects have also worked for NASA ...:)

Last edited:
Ok enough bs..
Those questioning DRDO, HAL, NAL, ADA.. please use google....
apparently McDonnell, Douglas, Lockheed martin, Boeing.... had designs that were grounded, or went to boneyard or came in death spiral.... LCA is just behind schedule (because of reasons we all know)....

we should go in for 2 threads of MCA.... one for technical discussions and other for these guys who engage in astrology to predict the future of MCA.... let them keep guessing planetary positions... :)

I don't disagree with you but if the Russians get involved in it then yes they can do it, Its just going to be like our Project JF-17 Chinese and Pakistani brains put togather and it worked out well. Russians want such a fighter for them selves they expressed this project last year and HAL jumped into it russians have a reputation of getting things faster than anyone in the world I am sure a lot of money is needed and India will be contributing a large sum. This design was not made by the Indians it was made by russians.

Agreed sir. Total waste of money.

But i am happy because our engineers are able to learn and are working in India...:)

Even if they fail in this kind of projects they should receive more money.

Many of the people working on this projects have also worked for NASA ...:)

Good point but remember working on a Sat in NASA is totally different from making a fighter. Lets hope it works because your success will change decisions for PAF which is Good.. :cheers:

Good point but remember working on a Sat in NASA is totally different from making a fighter. Lets hope it works because your success will change decisions for PAF which is Good.. :cheers:

Ya true. But people are coming back to India and they are getting the respect which they deserve. It gives the Young Generation a moral boost.

This design was not made by the Indians it was made by russians.

nobody can be sure about that ....plz remember its a basic model for wind tunnel testing and more modifications will be done with possible help from russians ....but as far as i know it( basic wind tunnel model)is completely indian ...if you or anyone else can correct me in this regard then you are welcome

I don't disagree with you but if the Russians get involved in it then yes they can do it, Its just going to be like our Project JF-17 Chinese and Pakistani brains put togather and it worked out well. Russians want such a fighter for them selves they expressed this project last year and HAL jumped into it russians have a reputation of getting things faster than anyone in the world I am sure a lot of money is needed and India will be contributing a large sum. This design was not made by the Indians it was made by russians.

Dear sir, with due respect I wold like to point out that the MCA so far has been a totally Indian effort. India is collaborating with the Russians on another 5th gen project which is called PAK FA/FGFA and not MCA. May be you got confused between the two projects. So far there has been no Russian involvement in MCA as it is still in the drawing board stage. The model you see in the pictures was a wind tunnel model displayed by HAL during AERO INDIA-09.

recently iit roorke developed metaloids based nano crystals which very effective in radar absorption specifically meant for defense as it was stated. you see coating of some new tech material on MCA i guess.:yahoo:

It would be great if you provide some more information on subject... though triangular-shaped crystals have been used before as Radar absorbent beneath the exterior, bouncing the signal around until death.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom