What's new

MCA News & Discussions

This is exactly what I was talking about. There is no such thing as "completely Indian" in the aviation industry. Even the most advanced countries these days have joint projects. I guarantee there will be foreign help. I just don't see what is wrong with admitting it? We all know you're not going to try to reinvent the wheel, so why claim so?

Whether we seek foreign help or not is not the point in contention here. The whole essence of having an MCA project is to secure 100% 5th gen tech in letter and spirit. Now, if that comes from within or through collaboration is irrelevant.

One can't deny the fact that even after a 50-50 JV in PAK-FA/FGFA, India will not possess 100% tech for that aircraft and hence will be dependent on Russia for several critical parts. It is this dependence that India wants to do away with in case of both the LCA and MCA.

It would be great if you provide some more information on subject... though triangular-shaped crystals have been used before as Radar absorbent beneath the exterior, bouncing the signal around until death.

This on is from BR site but the link mention in the site is not working

IIT Roorkee develops coating that can make aircraft invisible

The Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, has claimed that it has developed a kind of coating material in their laboratory that can make aircraft invisible to any radar. It said the technology on which it worked to develop the radar absorbing nano-crystals was their brainchild and after NASA, India was only one to have successfully gained the technology.

"Even a country like Russia could not achieve this so far," said Prof R.C. Agarwala of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, who led the project. Prof Agarwala, who is known to be the first in the country to work on nanotechnology for materials development, started work on the radar-absorbing nano crystals in 1998.

His research team included his wife Prof Vijay Agarwala who is also a faculty of the department and research scholar Rahul Sharma.

AND this is form the link provided by "godsavetheworld"

IIT develops technology to produce stealth aircraft
By IANS
Tuesday,07 November 2006, 00:00 hrs
Comment(0)
Print
Forward
Bangalore: Materials scientists at the Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee (IIT-R) have developed microwave absorbing nanocomposite coatings that could make aircraft almost invisible to radar.

The technology for building invisible, or stealth aircraft, is a closely guarded secret of developed countries and a handful of laboratories in India are doing research in this area.

Radars that emit pulses of microwave radiation identify flying aircraft by detecting the radiation reflected by the aircraft's metallic body. The nanocomposite coatings developed by Rahul Sharma, R.C. Agarwala and Vijaya Agarwala at IIT-R absorb most of the incident radiation and reflect very little.:devil::smokin:

Sharma, who revealed his team's work at an international nanomaterials conference held recently at the Indian Institute of Science here, believes their nano-product is a significant step in developing a technology to enable aircraft escape radar surveillance and protect its equipment from electronic "jamming".:woot:

Nanoparticles -- so called because of their very small size -- are known to exhibit unique physical and chemical properties. The IIT team found that crystals of "barium hexaferrite" with particle size of 10-15 nanometres have the ability to absorb microwaves. (Human hair, for comparison, is 100,000 nanometres thick).:yahoo::enjoy:

They developed special processes for synthesizing the nanopowder and formulating it as a coating.

Sharma said that the nanocomposite coating on the aluminium sheet absorbed 89 percent of incident microwaves at 15 giga hertz - the frequency normally used by radars -- reflecting only 11 percent. A stealth aircraft should ideally absorb all the incident radiation and reflect nothing.:cheers::azn:

i think we should start a new thread comprising PAK-FA and MCA.
:tup::tup::tup::tup:

Let's make this the official MCA thread!! I would hate to the MCA news scatered though out this forum. Let's vote on it, since it is election time!!!

YES-------------------------NO

GABBAR

Yup that a good idea, its YES from my side. Its better to have information on one thread instead of being scattered throughout the forum.:enjoy:

Gabbar asusual a good suggestion- and i agree we can make it - official thread for mca.
But coming back on the topic - MCA is just a dream right now. DRDO or HAL havent even dicussed properly and shown or atleast informed public about their ability. If they can make it or not on their own. may be they have to wait for pak-fa to finalise and take a few lessons from there or take some russian help.
there is nothing wrong with takign russian help. in mca if we can get some experiece and a flying aircraft on time.
----------------
LCA - was a good experice for drdo people for sure, its not a complete failure but at the same time i would say it wasn't a successful project either.
----------------
We need to make people accountable - the biggest problem with DRDO or any other govt organisation is - ACCOUNTABILITY - once we fail who should we go to and grab the neck ??
we need an open system.
or else mca will go lca - and after 30 yrs people will be saying same stuff - drdo can pull it off - and we will get - mca to be 8-th generation fighter but by then everybody will be flying 10th generation fighters.

Hey guys can we make this the official MCA discussion thread? Since, there is no dedicated thread for the MCA like the LCA, news and opinions regarding the MCA will be littered all over the forum.

or even better, can we merge all the threads relating to PAK FA/FGFA and MCA and make it a sticky one and call it "IAF 5th generation fighter" or something?

What say members??

Let's make this the official MCA thread!! I would hate to the MCA news scatered though out this forum. Let's vote on it, since it is election time!!!

YES-------------------------NO

GABBAR

Changed the title and made it sticky.
Its the official MCA thread now.
:enjoy:

Neo is super quick B-) , he knows how to keep his - people happy ay. lol
but i think this sticky will go a long way , i would say 20 yrs atleast - pfffffffft may be we can add the pak-fa info in this thread tooo ????
just a little change in title.
that will make it more discussion oriented-
----------------------
we need to make it - MCA / FGFA - news and discussion

Before I merge the threads can you guys confirm that MCA and the Pak-Fa are the same aircraft?

no MCA and PAK-FA are different aircrafts... indeed I dont understand need to merge them

Changed the title and made it sticky.
Its the official MCA thread now.
:enjoy:

Thanks Neo for being Pro active as usual.:cheers:

Before I merge the threads can you guys confirm that MCA and the Pak-Fa are the same aircraft?

No both the programs are different and I am sure that for the MCA we will be getting lots of information, but for the PAK-FA it will be some sort of a black hole due to the Russian involvement.

PAK-FA AND MCA are two diffrent aircraft. pak-fa is russian build with indian money and may be future help from drdo and hal.
but mca will be totally Indian fighter.

Neo, please DO NOT merge MCA with FGFA. These are two different aircrafts developed by different environment, in different country and will serve in different class/ purpose.

These two aircrafts must be discussed separately

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom