What's new

Mecca Royal Clock Hotel Tower is an insult to Islam and to taste

They have to cater to the ever growing number of pilgrims. So, such hotels will keep coming up. One can argue over the distance from the site. But the planners must have also taken this into account.

Strange that in whole Mecca city why the site for Clock tower was chosen beside Masjidul Haram. The expansion of Ka'aba is necessary but building high rise towers close to Ka'aba not a good idea.

Not gonna lie, as a neutral observer it does look a bit hideous. Didn't they find any other place to build those towers?

there is not Insult of Islam in high towers, rather it shows ignorance hatred of writer of this article against Islam, and it also depicts his low knowledge of Islam too. Islam does not prohibit high towers.

Strange that in whole Mecca city why the site for Clock tower was chosen beside Masjidul Haram. The expansion of Ka'aba is necessary but building high rise towers close to Ka'aba not a good idea.

Actually you are right , years ago UNESCO wanted to exclude "Naqshe Jahan" Square from its s "World Heritage Sites" just for this reason "The Jahan-Nama Tower spoils the horizontal panorama of the Naqsh-e Jahan Square, a complex of Safavid-era monuments registered on UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1979 " :

4064_8in5vz23.jpg

iciicc816Naghshe_Jahan_Square_Isfahan_modified.jpg

I say their country, their city... their development plan. If you don't like it, don't go there.

If this is god's holiest place on earth and he was ok with giving it to the Saudis, then he must be OK with the consequences too.

Absolutely agreed. Not only its an architectural nightmare, its demeaning to House of Allah as well. When you look at it, it seems capitalism is bigger than the Creator and His House. I felt enraged and embarrassed at the same time seeing it.

I felt the same when it was built, but must say after doing Umrah earlier this year I've changed my mind. The clock tower has some very practical benefits:

- it's visible from the kaaba so you always know what time it is during tawaf.

- When you're out and about, you can practically see the tower from anywhere in Makkah. Which means you always know the direction for qibla.

- because of the tower, thousands of more people get to view the Kaaba from their rooms, which is amazing.

- the fact is you do need to feed and accommodate millions of people by the Kaaba, a high rise is the only way to do this.

There is no doubt that the architect could have used a little more appealing design.

I dont think its an insult to islam or it has no use but the tower is not ellegant at all.

IT NOT ABT RELIGION
ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND BUSINESS

they have destroyed a lot of things home and aboard so this is normal

All those people who have reservations against high rise buildings in Mecca should camp 50 miles away in the desert when they come over for Umrah/Hajj and should walk to and from the Haram for each prayer.

Let's see how long they last.

Its all about money.............

Is at an insult to Islam? depends if you're the type which takes insult over everything, you know they type which goes around burning and looting their own countries when someone thousands of miles away prints a cartoon.

@IamBengali as we know him.

The thing that you call "a round structure" is temporary. It's constructed so disabled people on wheelchairs can encircle the Kaaba as you can see by looking at the people walking on it. It will be there as long as the expansion work is taking place.

Do you even have any idea how the Masjid al-Haram is going to look like when finished and the area around it?

Another troll thread by your likes.
Ya akhi,
It is amazing to see development in Saudi Arab and Mecca.However,I am quite shocked to read that house of bibi Khadija was demolished.

To that end, the house of Mohammed’s wife, Khadijah, was destroyed – and in its place now is a “complex of hundreds of bathrooms”. The prophet’s own birthplace was first turned into a cattle market, then a public library.

I as an outsider,non arab,but follower of Allah and believer of rasool Allah (s.a.w) as messenger is disappointed,or might be this is false article and result of anti-arab propaganda?

regards

High rise hotels near the Haram facilitate those who can afford to spend and those who cannot travel five times a day for prayers from a distant place due to old age or disabilities.

It would be stupid to have hotels far away from the Haram. It makes no economic sense.
------------------------------
What if we had a cricket stadium in Siachen glacier? Would it make sense to have it there?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom