What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Look look, we've got a logistics nerd.
Don't you know big tank and big gun win wars.
I don't understand this reaction. Logistics wins wars. Logistics loses wars.

Oh, perhaps you are being heavily sarcastic, and agreeing with that dictum.

@bananarepublic

And when u have answered the above, why don’t you tell us why every cantonment had a station commander and what’s his primary role ?

Secondly, why has PA made the post of LOG AREA Commander and what’s his role ?
Take it easy, champ, that has to have been sarcasm.

Here is a MCQ for you. A vehicle is stuck in sand. Who is the best driver option to get the vehicle out ? And why ?

A. Armour regiment driver
B. Motorised infantry battalion driver
C. ASC driver
D. Ordnance unit drive
I suppose you'd have me perma-banned if I said, NOTA; Calcutta Taxi Driver?

@Signalian is blasting away the naiv Members of PDF without mercy, all the birds have gone stealth, when such discussion are taking form and dynamic ! Keep on !
Birds?

I'm a branch, swaying in the wind.

1646456941052.png

End of feb was a good time in regards to weather. No more snow hopefully. Going in towards summers from now on.
Onset of rasputitsa is there. End March. Same happened with my division in 1943 in this area, near Kharkov. All ops had to be postponed till Citadel was launched in July 1943. The mud around here, which is about to come, has unimaginable viscosity.

1646457024702.png
1646457036791.png
1646457061425.png

Onset of rasputitsa is there. End March. Same happened with my division in 1943 in this area, near Kharkov. All ops had to be postponed till Citadel was launched in July 1943. The mud around here, which is about to come, has unimaginable viscosity.

View attachment 820965View attachment 820966View attachment 820967
Russians are staying on the roads at least, not venturing left and right, however, Russian trucks have come a long way since WW2. Hp of tank engines has increased.

Russians are staying on the roads at least, not venturing left and right, however, Russian trucks have come a long way since WW2. Hp of tank engines has increased.
Mud is still the biggest worry....i have seen our tanks stuck in Punjab plains, and here the mud is nowhere near to what Ukraine has. At that time, a team of 20 horses couldnt move a single field artillery piece an inch....same for wheeled vehicles....

Mud also increases the fuel consumption....estimate of our times was multiplied by three....strain of logistics.....

Then if its cold as well, mud used to freeze, and in the morning it took us alot of blow torches to get them free....

Nasty times.

1646457640647.png

Birds?

View attachment 820964
Somebody jumps in, proves his sarcastic abilities and vanishes without giving an iota of information. Not fair. :p:

And yes, Lahori Rickshaw driver's navigation and terrain negotiation ability would land them the top ranking :laugh:

Once upon a time, a Signal's driver landed Brigade Commander's jeep in a similar position. ASC driver from one of the vehicles following them threw the Siignal-man from the driver's seat and jumped in to bring the jeep on path. In the end it was a valiant officer (Major) who saved the day.

Mud is still the biggest worry....i have seen our tanks stuck in Punjab plains, and here the mud is nowhere near to what Ukraine has. At that time, a team of 20 horses couldnt move a single field artillery piece an inch....same for wheeled vehicles....

Mud also increases the fuel consumption....estimate of our times was multiplied by three....strain of logistics.....

Then if its cold as well, mud used to freeze, and in the morning it took us alot of blow torches to get them free....

Nasty times.

View attachment 820972
I have respect for 80UDs and even the 85UGs. 99% of armored combat is driving, the other 1% would be following orders :laugh:

Lucky for us, RVFC thrives through Mona depot.

Army Considering Anti-Idle Technology For JLTV Follow-On Production Deal​

NORFOLK, Va. — The Army is considering integrating anti-idle technology as part of its next Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) production contract, which a lead program official told Defense Daily could serve as a key step toward reduced fuel consumption and…

Total complement is 13 including driver and commander. They are already very cramped, because apart from their integral weapons they are having the first line ammo of all these weapons and communication sets as well.
Back to S&T

A truck company of S&T Battalion is supposed to transport 1200 troops in one go, with 75% vehicle availability and roughly 20 troops per vehicle capacity and using trailers for carrying a bit of cargo.

How close is PA's S&T Batts in that ?

Back to S&T

A truck company of S&T Battalion is supposed to transport 1200 troops in one go, with 75% vehicle availability and roughly 20 troops per vehicle capacity and using trailers for carrying a bit of cargo.

How close is PA's S&T Batts in that ?
A normal truck company has 25-27 trucks, with 22 seating capacity, makes around 600 men capacity.

Birds?

View attachment 820964
Off topic: you should see the amount of posts mods have deleted because they thought I was trolling and not "sarcasm"

Off topic: you should see the amount of posts mods have deleted because they thought I was trolling and not "sarcasm"
Looks like we share a common osteological condition.

We have fractured funny bones and those get us into trouble.

My solution (suggested to you, that's all): deadpan serious fun; NEVER let it be remotely suspected that you are anything but serious.

However, on this one, you jumped right into a minefield.

Never take panga with a serving soldier on military matters. It doesn't compute.

Looks like we share a common osteological condition.

We have fractured funny bones and those get us into trouble.

My solution (suggested to you, that's all): deadpan serious fun; NEVER let it be remotely suspected that you are anything but serious.

However, on this one, you jumped right into a minefield.

Never take panga with a serving soldier on military matters. It doesn't compute.
Have you ever sat among military officers in a meeting?
I have, they are dead serious and any form of remarks gets you the death stare.

Have you ever sat among military officers in a meeting?
I have, they are dead serious and any form of remarks gets you the death stare.
Yes, I have. Air Force, mostly; rarely Army and Navy. Behaviour is hugely different. Fighter pilots have zero sense of humour; they are always in conquistador mode. They are formed into a permanent clique, and other branches - transport, rotary wing, engineering - are not welcome. Higher up, they tend to relax and behave human again.

Army, upto Major, they are scrupulously polite and very particular that you stay in the mess, keep drinking, and stay out of their formation's way. In an armoured regiment, you can, on special request, get into a tank, but it is hugely not advisable on Russian tanks. Those are meant for specially grown midgets bred at the Saharanpur stud. Gunners talk loudly to you, because they can't hear you, or themselves. Infantry are normal human beings, but during official meetings, unless you are a subject matter expert, you get that impassive look that has a thought balloon attached that is so easy to read - "How long is this civilian going to keep on sitting here?" Again, Brigadier up are relaxed people, largely because one got to meet them socially.

Navy, good and bad. The old lot, all dead now, trained at Dartmouth and knew what a pink gin was. The new lot are - different. The new lot are spoilt; when I was trying to introduce fingerprint recognition devices to the Navy through WESEE, seven of their kids, very young MTech from the best institutes, sat impassively through our off-base presentation, asked searching questions, then invited us over the next day to meet their boss, a Cdre. We had to pass through seven of those devices that we had presented the previous day. We found ourselves very silent at the meeting.

To sum up, in all three, junior officers are scrupulously polite, but if you don't know what you're talking about, their eyes glaze over, and the clearly wish you were somewhere else. Seniors are more relaxed, except during an official meeting, when they revert to type, glassy eyes and everything.

Yes, I have. Air Force, mostly; rarely Army and Navy. Behaviour is hugely different. Fighter pilots have zero sense of humour; they are always in conquistador mode. They are formed into a permanent clique, and other branches - transport, rotary wing, engineering - are not welcome. Higher up, they tend to relax and behave human again.

Army, upto Major, they are scrupulously polite and very particular that you stay in the mess, keep drinking, and stay out of their formation's way. In an armoured regiment, you can, on special request, get into a tank, but it is hugely not advisable on Russian tanks. Those are meant for specially grown midgets bred at the Saharanpur stud. Gunners talk loudly to you, because they can't hear you, or themselves. Infantry are normal human beings, but during official meetings, unless you are a subject matter expert, you get that impassive look that has a thought balloon attached that is so easy to read - "How long is this civilian going to keep on sitting here?" Again, Brigadier up are relaxed people, largely because one got to meet them socially.

Navy, good and bad. The old lot, all dead now, trained at Dartmouth and knew what a pink gin was. The new lot are - different. The new lot are spoilt; when I was trying to introduce fingerprint recognition devices to the Navy through WESEE, seven of their kids, very young MTech from the best institutes, sat impassively through our off-base presentation, asked searching questions, then invited us over the next day to meet their boss, a Cdre. We had to pass through seven of those devices that we had presented the previous day. We found ourselves very silent at the meeting.

To sum up, in all three, junior officers are scrupulously polite, but if you don't know what you're talking about, their eyes glaze over, and the clearly wish you were somewhere else. Seniors are more relaxed, except during an official meeting, when they revert to type, glassy eyes and everything.
How about a class of IA S&T setup for armor/mech forces logistics, for dummies.

Back
Top Bottom