What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

faggots destroying and developing lahore.. instead they should build new cities, lakin nahi... akal tou in butto ko cho ker nahi guzri...

also federal fatty guy is neglecting Karachi, as if its not under his governance..
if he had thought of these projects before expansion of Lahore, I might have approed..

- destroying or developing, what is it?
- build new cities!!!!!! aapa ji ka khail hay na, F.Sc. pass ker hi lya tum ne akhir to kutch sochna shuru to ker dya

18th amendment blah blah. Like you guys were making Karachi paris before 18th amendment.
Areesh you are getting trolled left right and centre but you are still deluded. Sindh will never progress including Karachi under PPP regime. As far as why federal government isnt doing anything for Karachi, firstly they have given development budget to Sindh which is more than adequate. Secondly the railway minister is yet trying his best to convince the Japanese companies who abandoned the circular railway project to finance it once again. Same way as how chinese have done it. So stop your mindless whining and do something constructive. I am sure you must have voted for either PPP or MQM.

Why they can't make it underground even if it takes more years and money? Waste of space in crowded city like Lahore. But since Chinese are investing it Pakistan don't have much choice.

They are making 2 cut and cover stations (sort of underground). But yeah i agree. I wish there were more

Why they can't make it underground even if it takes more years and money? Waste of space in crowded city like Lahore. But since Chinese are investing it Pakistan don't have much choice.

Underground service is disastrous in country like Pakistan, due to heavy rains and without electricity, drains do not work. Without water drainage the whole system will become a mess. In Pakistan, few undergrounds connection, the better they fare in rain!

3 idiots _Fotor 1.jpg

Underground service is disastrous in country like Pakistan, due to heavy rains and without electricity, drains do not work. Without water drainage the whole system will become a mess. In Pakistan, few undergrounds connection, the better they fare in rain!

In general underground saves space above ground and you can have future lines connecting to it. The only con side is that it requires a lot of money

Ab jo ho raha hai ab oska hum kuch nahi karsaktay. The only thing concerns me about elevated is the design. I hope they are not ugly.

Underground service is disastrous in country like Pakistan, due to heavy rains and without electricity, drains do not work.!
The MRTs are mostly built underground.....
Without water drainage the whole system will become a mess. In Pakistan, few undergrounds connection, the better they fare in rain
And you think those who have designed such projects before wont be aware of this fact?

Metro train agreement result of ‘best teamwork’: CM

LAHORE: Chief Minister (CM) Shahbaz Sharif has congratulated political and administrative team on finalisation of the metro train agreement and said that this success is a result of collective efforts.

According to a handout, the chief minister said that the metro train agreement with China was a big achievement and that it would bring about a revolution in transport sector.

The chief minister appreciated the efforts of concerned provincial ministers, Chief Secretary Naveed Akram Cheema, Principal Secretary to CM Dr Tauqir Shah, former coordination secretary to CM Abdullah Sunbal (currently higher education secretary), Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director General Ahad Cheema and other officials and said that it was a result of “best teamwork” that culminated on achievement of a splendid gift for the people of Lahore.

He said that running metro train in Lahore was his dream, which would come true during the next 27 months.

The chief secretary congratulated the chief minister on behalf of administration on the finalisation of the historic project and said that it was because of chief minister’s hard work and commitment to the people that Punjab was rapidly moving towards progress and prosperity.

Meanwhile, chairing a meeting to review public sector management reforms on Friday, the chief minister has said that government departments and institutions will have to play an active role in provision of better services to the masses.

He said that basic reforms were being introduced in government offices through employing information technology tools in order to ensure that best facilities were delivered to citizens.

He said that an effective and vibrant system was essential for providing better services to the people and that all of the departments would evolve a target plan for the next four years.

Provincial Ministers Rana Mashhood Ahmed and Tanvir Aslam Malik, MPA Dr Ayesha Ghaus Pasha, Special Assistant Azmul Haq, chief secretary and other senior officials attended the meeting.

Noting that capacity-building of officials as well as departments was need of the hour, the chief minister said that devolution of power to the lower level with checks and balances would result in ensuring better services delivery to citizens.

Chief Minister Shahbaz said that putting in place an effective accountability system was essential for achieving transparency and providing best services to citizens and that devising an effective strategy was necessary for this purpose.

The Lahore Division commissioner and the LDA director general briefed the participants of the meeting about public sector management reforms.

Metro train agreement result of ‘best teamwork’: CM

There are 2 Single Rail Transit lines that run overground in our city, others are underground subway lines . But we love our single rail more than subways that is just a transportation.
It is not ugly,It is beautiful,especially when you are the passenger on it.
Now, It's our one of city sign that is different from other cities in China.
But, I dont think Pakistan friend chooes this train like us.

Last edited:
This is a great development we should appreciate such development political rivalry apart i appreciate this project as we have a big example of karachi if we didnt built up our public transport lahore will become another messed up city in pakistan. I hope so this project gets on ground soon.. imran khan himself wanted to give peshawwr a mass transit so why oppose such project in lahore which is having population tripple as compaired to peshawar

This is a great development we should appreciate such development political rivalry apart i appreciate this project as we have a big example of karachi if we didnt built up our public transport lahore will become another messed up city in pakistan. I hope so this project gets on ground soon.. imran khan himself wanted to give peshawwr a mass transit so why oppose such project in lahore which is having population tripple as compaired to peshawar

Pakistanis are loyal to the political parties more than to the nation.

The funny thing is Peshawar will get metro bus and metro train before Karachi. No one is ready to invest anything in Karachi. While Peshawar which is badly effected by terrorism is developing faster.

Some of these objections are incorrect such as the second one. Railways is entirely a different thing as compared to underground Metro. currently Pakistan railways is responsible for any affairs of Pakistan Railways. But Metro is not a railway to begin with. In UK, we call underground train (Tube), in most countries it's called subway. --- The underground railway stations in UK are called Tube station. If you call them railway station, most people will get confused about which railway station that is.

Punjab Government can start this project and retain the ownership if they deem appropriate or they can give the ownership to Pakistan Railways if they want, but they (PR) are not currently responsible for such a project under current circumstances.

Some of these objections are incorrect such as the second one. Railways is entirely a different thing as compared to underground Metro. currently Pakistan railways is responsible for any affairs of Pakistan Railways. But Metro is not a railway to begin with. In UK, we call underground train (Tube), in most countries it's called subway. --- The underground railway stations in UK are called Tube station. If you call them railway station, most people will get confused about which railway station that is.

Punjab Government can start this project and retain the ownership if they deem appropriate or they can give the ownership to Pakistan Railways if they want, but they (PR) are not currently responsible for such a project under current circumstances.

Sir I think you need to look and read it again carefullythe yellow one are questions and green one aew the answers... i know Railway is different thing as compared to Metro Train but the thing is in UK it's called tube cause it's underground and shape is kind of circular where as in other countries like USA it's subway and in Paris it's called Metro they are the one who used metro for the first time to call underground trains as Metro trians just like that the mono rail or light rail they are using here is gonna be called as metro train and and it's station will be known as metro stations not as railway station

Back
Top Bottom