What's new

Michael Owen-led venture teams up with PM Imran’s Kamyab Jawan programme to groom Pakistani football talent

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A private football venture featuring former England and Liverpool star Michael Owen announced on Sunday that it has struck a special strategic partnership with Prime Minister Imran Khan’s Kamyab Jawan programme in a bid to groom Pakistan's football talent.

The partnership, which has the prime minister’s blessing, “offers the talented youth in Pakistan the dreams of playing football in world-class stadiums and advance their skills at the home of football in the United Kingdom”, according to a press release issued by Global Soccer Ventures (GSV).

The company said it has been appointed to bring to life Prime Minister Imran’s vision of "mobilising the youth into football with an international professional football gateway". That will be done through a nationwide grassroots talent hunt programme in Pakistan conducted under a UEFA-licensed coaching team from Europe, which kicks off on January 8, 2022, in Islamabad, the press release added.

Imran and Owen, the company said, “will promote the national talent hunt programme designed to produce [a] new crop of players”. “The ultimate destination of this programme is the home of football, the UK, under the watchful eye of Michael Owen in a special educational programme that will accelerate football learning and development for Pakistan’s footballing youth.”

The statement also spoke of plans to unveil not only a stadium but a soccer city in Pakistan. “The Kamyab Jawan Sports Drive will mobilise Pakistan’s youth into becoming world-class football players,” Prime Minister Imran was quoted as saying in the press release issued by GSV. “I have given a green light to this brand new state-of-the-art stadium investment brought by GSV that is a visionary and historic milestone that will ultimately create a better future for the youth of Pakistan in the world’s most popular sport — football.”

Owen, the former striker who is the face of the venture, said: “I am looking forward to unveiling my plans in Pakistan in January 2022 so fans can visit stadiums and create inter-city football opportunities. I look forward to working with players from Pakistan and help fast track their talent in England so they can be developed into professional players. “The future of football in Pakistan is enormous and I am starting a long journey to create a new bridge between the UK and Pakistan for the next crop of national superstars. Kamyab Jawaan Kamyab Pakistan is our final goal.”

The talent hunt will be held in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, Hyderabad, Sialkot and Quetta, the company said, adding: “The trials will be open to anyone aged between 18-28 years of age, and the players will be evaluated on their technical, tactical, physical and mental abilities.”

I think they're over reaching if they think they'll get players into the premier league.

I do think though the focus should be to create an academy to support the national team, to provide a template to the domestic league, to setup more privately run academies to supplement them. This needs to be done side by side with getting private investment into Pakistani football, like PSL.

If we get players up to a decent standard, maybe we can get them into the Asian leagues in the far east, middle east, eventually into Eastern Europe and North America.

Breaking into Europe would be a massive undertaking, its easier said than done.

Football is a cheap sport If government makes Artificial Grass fields 3-4 fields grouped together
Without needing any "Stadium"

This will incubate football at grass root level

Example
High Population Areas

Budget Year 1 (East Side of City)
  • Karachi (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Lahore (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Rawalpindi (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Quetta (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Peshawar (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Faisalabad (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Gwadar (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
24 Million Dollar , fields last 25 years​

Budget Year 2 (West Side of City)
  • Karachi (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Lahore (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Rawalpindi (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Quetta (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Peshawar (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Faisalabad (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
  • Gwadar (4 Fields) - 12 Million Dollar
24 Million Dollar , fields last 25 years

This setup will Produce 1-2 Lakh players in Pakistan playing Semi Competitive Level or Developing good skills at grass root level. While this setup will not produce Germany or Italy immediately but it will be "Seeding" process to put the seed in ground and see what kind of players emerge from it remember Brazilians and Africans play on dirt roads or beaches. 500-1,000 players may emerge which can be taken for further grooming at age 12

Artificial Grass (new technology not turf like in Hockey) is identical to grass surface and lasts 25 years with no water (1 million to 2 million cost )

10 Cities , build these kind of Mini Football Community areas and in short time Pakistan will have 1 Lakh players

aturf-titan-s-50-hero-940x410.jpg

• By Comparison a National Level Football Stadium may cost 50 Million to 100 Million 1 playing surface , most of time community members can't enter stadium as it is locked from outside or you need membership

However best strategy is

1- Setup These Artificial Football Fields , in 10 cities ( 4 field per city) first year
2- Setup next batch Artificial Football Fields , in 10 cities ( 4 field per city) Second year

3- Upgrade the playing surface in National Football Stadium in Cities (Separately) forget about the seating/ stadium

Only after the ground work is completed for Grass Root level , and you have 1 Lakh players then you can have a camp to find talent in National Stadium invite players

Note: Pakistan does have existing Football community but this setup enhances talent similar to European standard

The grass root design can be enhanced with Tennis ground connected with football field
This is normally attached next to football fields

Acrylic-Tennis-Court-Surfaces-by-SportMaster-672x372.jpg

Last edited:
Persian club....a Pakistani sport?
Who has fired a bow and arrow here?

Bro u r on the heavy stuff

the sport is called persian club but its in india, pakistan, iran turkey, for the sport bow and arrow i believe is more suited for our region.

Last edited:
A private football venture featuring former England and Liverpool star Michael Owen announced on Sunday that it has struck a special strategic partnership with Prime Minister Imran Khan’s Kamyab Jawan programme in a bid to groom Pakistan's football talent.

The partnership, which has the prime minister’s blessing, “offers the talented youth in Pakistan the dreams of playing football in world-class stadiums and advance their skills at the home of football in the United Kingdom”, according to a press release issued by Global Soccer Ventures (GSV).

The company said it has been appointed to bring to life Prime Minister Imran’s vision of "mobilising the youth into football with an international professional football gateway". That will be done through a nationwide grassroots talent hunt programme in Pakistan conducted under a UEFA-licensed coaching team from Europe, which kicks off on January 8, 2022, in Islamabad, the press release added.

Imran and Owen, the company said, “will promote the national talent hunt programme designed to produce [a] new crop of players”. “The ultimate destination of this programme is the home of football, the UK, under the watchful eye of Michael Owen in a special educational programme that will accelerate football learning and development for Pakistan’s footballing youth.”

The statement also spoke of plans to unveil not only a stadium but a soccer city in Pakistan. “The Kamyab Jawan Sports Drive will mobilise Pakistan’s youth into becoming world-class football players,” Prime Minister Imran was quoted as saying in the press release issued by GSV. “I have given a green light to this brand new state-of-the-art stadium investment brought by GSV that is a visionary and historic milestone that will ultimately create a better future for the youth of Pakistan in the world’s most popular sport — football.”

Owen, the former striker who is the face of the venture, said: “I am looking forward to unveiling my plans in Pakistan in January 2022 so fans can visit stadiums and create inter-city football opportunities. I look forward to working with players from Pakistan and help fast track their talent in England so they can be developed into professional players. “The future of football in Pakistan is enormous and I am starting a long journey to create a new bridge between the UK and Pakistan for the next crop of national superstars. Kamyab Jawaan Kamyab Pakistan is our final goal.”

The talent hunt will be held in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, Hyderabad, Sialkot and Quetta, the company said, adding: “The trials will be open to anyone aged between 18-28 years of age, and the players will be evaluated on their technical, tactical, physical and mental abilities.”

This is a very welcome move.

wat a thick bas trds copy west sport. we got our own sports, wrestling, persian club, horse riding, bow n arrow.
Wtf are you smoking? Horse riding is rare in Pakistan, no one plays with bow n arrow here and wrestling isn't that huge here.

Wtf are you smoking? Horse riding is rare in Pakistan, no one plays with bow n arrow here and wrestling isn't that huge here.

wrestling is big, horse riding doesn't need to be expensive you can have small manageable horses, bow and arrow they do i have seen videos of pakistanis in pakistan manufacturing them.
are you living in a cave look at this video.

wrestling is big, horse riding doesn't need to be expensive you can have small manageable horses, bow and arrow they do i have seen videos of pakistanis in pakistan manufacturing them.
are you living in a cave look at this video.
Wrestling is not as big as you think. Horse riding is not a sport that most people have access to and more importantly very few people are interested in it. I can't imagine bow and arrow being used for anything other than hunting in Pakistan, I personally love bow and arrow.

Wrestling is not as big as you think. Horse riding is not a sport that most people have access to and more importantly very few people are interested in it. I can't imagine bow and arrow being used for anything other than hunting in Pakistan, I personally love bow and arrow.

i personally love spring air rifle you put in pellets and shoot rats with it. mostly for pest control but fun.

Last edited:
This PFL thing has no details regarding it for several months now, seems really fishy to me.

except for wrestling I agree- its not non-existent aka phelwan

Oh yes these are so popular. Everyone plays them....NOT

maybe they dont but they can be made popular. better than shitty sport like cricket reserved for elites or playing foot ball who they are going to play with, they will be that sh it. the sports i have mentioned are ancient and were played in big empires. In azad k we had ppl that played some of these sports in the past i remember as a kid we would chop wood turn it into slingshot and use bike inner tube for elastic and shoot with,

Back
Top Bottom