What's new

Michael Vaughan wants firm ICC stance with India

Dance

Reaction score
Former England captain Michael Vaughan says the International Cricket Council must take a firm stance with India over mandatory video technology.

The ICC want the Decision Review System used in all international matches but the Indian Cricket Board is opposed.

"The BCCI continues to believe that the system is not foolproof," they said.
But on BBC Radio 5 live's Tuffers and Vaughan show, Vaughan said: "The ICC has to show authority and say to India this is happening, get used to it."

The DRS was first introduced in a Test match between New Zealand and Pakistan in November 2009 but it remains at the discretion of boards hosting matches, with both teams having to comply.
Sri Lanka opted to use the technology during their home series against England, but not for the current series against Pakistan, prompting criticism from Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore.

India refused to allow it for last summer's series in England, in which they failed to win a Test or one-day international, and are expected to dismiss it again when they host England for four Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 international from November-January.

But Vaughan said: "I think it works wonderfully well around all the different formats. England, in particular Andrew Strauss, have got used to it and is very clever with it.

"It's there to get rid of the blunder. Over time it has proven to be very, very good. India need to get with the real world and get on with it because they're ruining it.

"They are almost a little bit egotistical and saying 'you can't tell us what to do' and I think it's about time the ICC said 'you've got to listen to us because it's going to happen'."

"Sachin [Tendulkar] doesn't like it and Sachin is a massive player in the Indian dressing room and with the Indian hierarchy. He is probably telling them it's not good for the game and I guess they're just going what with he thinks.

"I think the ICC has to stamp down and say 'I'm afraid India it's going to be mandatory, the DRS will be in place for every single series that you play in, get on with it.'"

BBC Sport - DRS: Michael Vaughan wants firm ICC stance with India

Former England captain Michael Vaughan says the International Cricket Council must take a firm stance with India over mandatory video technology.

The ICC want the Decision Review System used in all international matches but the Indian Cricket Board is opposed.

"The BCCI continues to believe that the system is not foolproof," they said.
But on BBC Radio 5 live's Tuffers and Vaughan show, Vaughan said: "The ICC has to show authority and say to India this is happening, get used to it."

The DRS was first introduced in a Test match between New Zealand and Pakistan in November 2009 but it remains at the discretion of boards hosting matches, with both teams having to comply.
Sri Lanka opted to use the technology during their home series against England, but not for the current series against Pakistan, prompting criticism from Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore.

India refused to allow it for last summer's series in England, in which they failed to win a Test or one-day international, and are expected to dismiss it again when they host England for four Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 international from November-January.

But Vaughan said: "I think it works wonderfully well around all the different formats. England, in particular Andrew Strauss, have got used to it and is very clever with it.

"It's there to get rid of the blunder. Over time it has proven to be very, very good. India need to get with the real world and get on with it because they're ruining it.

"They are almost a little bit egotistical and saying 'you can't tell us what to do' and I think it's about time the ICC said 'you've got to listen to us because it's going to happen'."

"Sachin [Tendulkar] doesn't like it and Sachin is a massive player in the Indian dressing room and with the Indian hierarchy. He is probably telling them it's not good for the game and I guess they're just going what with he thinks.

"I think the ICC has to stamp down and say 'I'm afraid India it's going to be mandatory, the DRS will be in place for every single series that you play in, get on with it.'"

BBC Sport - DRS: Michael Vaughan wants firm ICC stance with India

ab aaya oont pahaarr kay neechay ... :chilli:
:pakistan:

Brought Sachin somehow.....India is dong what it thinks is best but if ICC decides we will abide, why so much fuss about, does other nation doesn't have any say in ICC.

ICC get most of their revenue from India so they have to do what we tell them :D

ICC get most of their revenue from India so they have to do what we tell them :D

Dude i hear what you are saying but every other nation wants it so whats the issue with India? Why are they digging their heels in. Looking back in the last year - several major decisions have gone against them where they would have benefited from the change. What are the issues? Bring in more technology and remove errors from the game that ruin it...

While I am all for Mandatory video technology and feel that Indian cricket bosses are idiots in not allowing the technology to reduce the mistakes which can be game changers, I am wondering who will tie the bell to the cat i.e India?

Full ICC members who has voting capability are below

Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, West Indies and ofcourse India.

Out of remaining 9 members, how many of them would vote against India?

Indian cricket bosses maybe idiots in other aspects but when it comes to Politicking, they are kings as these are well versed in horse trading due to experience with Indian politics. And they understand that India brings in about 70% revenue to the cricket.

Nothing to be proud of in my opinion . We don't want to be another China of cricket and bully around other nations . I personally don't like the BCCI as well . It is time ICC took a stance . If all other countries want DRS . Let it come , India's wishes alone should not dictate world cricket .There would be no fun left in cricket otherwise .

Dude i hear what you are saying but every other nation wants it so whats the issue with India? Why are they digging their heels in. Looking back in the last year - several major decisions have gone against them where they would have benefited from the change. What are the issues? Bring in more technology and remove errors from the game that ruin it...

They should do it and also for football, im not sure as to why the Indian board is not giving their support in this but there is alot of illegal bets going on and sometimes errors can mean paisa for those who make money from the game in this way.

Nothing to be proud of in my opinion . We don't want to be another China of cricket and bully around other nations . I personally don't like the BCCI as well . It is time ICC took a stance . If all other countries want DRS . Let it come , India's wishes alone should not dictate world cricket .There would be no fun left in cricket otherwise .

It was just a joke buddy I know its not a good thing but coulden't help myself

Back
Top Bottom