What's new

Micromax beats Samsung to become India's No.1 mobile phones vendor

The A-5

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Micromax has overtaken Samsung to become the largest mobile phone supplier in India in Q2 2014, according to independent market research and consulting firm, CounterPoint Research.

micromax-a84.jpg

As per the report, Micromax's handset shipments share was 16.6% in the quarter while Samsung's share was 14.4%. This is the first time that Samsung has been displaced from the pole position.

Nokia was at the third position with a 10.9% shipments share, followed by domestic brands Karbonn and Lava which had a 9.5% and 5.6% share, respectively.

In terms of smartphone shipments, Samsung still retains the top slot with a 25.3% shipments share in the second quarter. Micromax is closing the gap with 19.1% share, followed by Karbonn, Motorola and Nokia.

Micromax beats Samsung, becomes India's No. 1 mobile vendor: Report - The Times of India

--

:victory: I hope Indian companies also grab the top spots in smartphone market soon.

micromax is an indian company which outsources its manufacturing to china , am i right ?

micromax is an indian company which outsources its manufacturing to china , am i right ?

No, It is an Indian Company which sell Chinese rebadged phones recently they start assembling phones in their Rudrapur factory with critical parts imported from China.

same q mobile cwap.....
foreign parts must be heavily taxed!

I buyed Micromax Magnus because it was a Indian mobile company and the features were very good when compared to samsung in the same price range.
So far no complaints.
I heard they have started manufacturing those mobiles in India since last 8 months.

Now if only they start manufacturing their damn phones in India!

They are still just assembling them.

Back
Top Bottom