4 x F22P upgraded
4 x Type 054A/P
4 x Milgem
4 x Jinnah Class based don I-Class?
2 x OPV @1,900 tons
2 x OPV @ 2,600 tons
also we have the 1 x Alamgir Class

thats 21 advanced surface warships

It was indeed unexpected, and when I viewed this VLOG yesterday, I prompted the commenter to provide any kind of video or image to substantiate his claim.
Not sure of any credentials of this particular one but most “Defense” Vlog’s in Pakistan are made with unverified sources at best and wishful opinions at best.

much needed upgrade

4 x F22P upgraded
4 x Type 054A/P
4 x Milgem
4 x Jinnah Class based don I-Class?
2 x OPV @1,900 tons
2 x OPV @ 2,600 tons
also we have the 1 x Alamgir Class

thats 21 advanced surface warships

Amendments/corrections:

4 x F22P upgraded (Too soon to accept, can't rely on arbitrary Vloggers' claims)
4 x Jinnah class FFG (According to ex-chief interview, PN had 6 planned, but there are rumors' that it was changed to 8, time will tell.)
1 x OHP (Shouldn't be taken into consideration in advance surface ships, it's old & toothless and will eventually be transferred to PMSA or phased out of active duty upon induction of Jinnah class.)

So, if everything goes according to plan, the list of surface vessels will be.:

4 x F22P (MLU??)
4 x Type 054A/P
4 x Milgem
8 x Jinnah Class based on I-Class
2 x OPV @1,900 tons
2 x OPV @ 2,600 tons

Modern & Advanced fleet of 24 ships which will be complemented by latest SSKs/MPAs & UAVs.

Last edited:
1690510448376.png

Currently only two Jinnah class are planned as far as available information is concerned.
Considering the economic conditions, I don't see follow-on orders of JCF seeing the light of day.

If we review ex-chief interview's acquisition plan for PN, things are heading almost on the same path i.e.

04 FFGs (054A/P) - Completed
10 MPAs (Sea Sultan) - On going
08 SSKs (039C) - On going
20 Patrol Crafts (Swift Class) - On going
02/02 OPVs (Damen) - Completed/On going

And all of the aforementioned projects have either been completed or are now in progress with the same oversaturated economy.

Therefore, it won't be difficult to accept that 6 to 8 Jinnah class FFGs won't be accomplished, especially after all of the preparation work has been done (design, armament package, sensor suites, etc.), and make little sense to such a strenuous exercise for only 2 units.

The names mentioned here were tentative and no longer correct.

Agreed...

Last edited:

This is a surprise if true
dumb video lol

MR-90 integrated, MR-90 are target illuminators for the HQ-16's yeah, a SARH missile, If FM90 wasnt replaced, MR-90 is as good as a decoration, if FM-90 was replaced, once again, all it is good for is decoration. Says all you need to know about the credibility of the video

This is a surprise if true
I must say, its load of non-sense.
Different packages have been proposed regarding MLU of F-22Ps. Economics, availability, and compatibility will decide which package will be adopted. (if not short-listed already)
If we review ex-chief interview's acquisition plan for PN, things are heading almost on the same path i.e.

04 FFGs (054A/P) - Completed
10 MPAs (Sea Sultan) - On going
08 SSKs (039C) - On going
20 Patrol Crafts (Swift Class) - On going
02/02 OPVs (Damen) - Completed/On going

And all of the aforementioned projects have either been completed or are now in progress with the same oversaturated economy.

Therefore, it won't be difficult to accept that 6 to 8 Jinnah class FFGs won't be accomplished, especially after all of the preparation work has been done (design, armament package, sensor suites, etc.), and make little sense to such a strenuous exercise for only 2 units.
Whatever Admiral Abbasi said can be split into two sections:
1: Near-term and ongoing projects
2: Long-term and futute projects
Near term and ongoing projects like OPV-2200/2600, Type-054 A/P, Milgem-P, RAS-72 are materializing as per plan.
But some variations (good and bad) have been made in Sea-Sultan, Helicopters, Drones, FACs, FACMs, F22P MLU, JCFs, and "other things".

I must say, its load of non-sense.
Different packages have been proposed regarding MLU of F-22Ps. Economics, availability, and compatibility will decide which package will be adopted. (if not short-listed already)

Near term and ongoing projects like OPV-2200/2600, Type-054 A/P, Milgem-P, RAS-72 are materializing as per plan.
But some variations (good and bad) have been made in Sea-Sultan, Helicopters, Drones, FACs, FACMs, F22P MLU, JCFs, and "other things".
Sir what is your take on P-282 Ballistic Missile ?
Is it worth of integrating on most advanced vessels of our naval fleet (Babar &Jinnah class vessels) ?

You are essentially refuting the argument you made in your prior post that such ventures would suffer financial difficulties owing to a saturated economy.

Considering your comments, it is clear that finances would be handled in all situations. As a result, as I already stated, the Jinnah class project won't be hampered as JCF's start year is 2025.

Last edited:
Do you have the reference that confirms 10 Sea Sultan are to be procured specifically?

Instead of acting intellectually physedulic, help yourself and google it.

Find below to suffice you ....

"The Sea Sultan is based on Embraer’s Lineage 1000E business jet, which is a variant of the Embraer 190 regional airliner. The Lineage 1000E has a range of 8,500 km, a maximum speed of Mach 0.82, a service ceiling og 41,000 ft and a 120,000 lb MTOW. According to Defense News, Italy’s Leonardo was in charge of the conversion of three aircraft, but a follow-on contract is expected to bring the total number of Sea Sultans MPA to 10."

Back
Top Bottom