What's new

Middle East in the Olympics

I'm sorry to hear that. There are no absolute answers within science, but many times there are answers for a spiritual person. Whether you believe or not, is completely irrelevant. Using your brain to discipline your actions is a feat in it self.

I feel sorry that you need the current understanding of western science as opposed to Rumi or Iqbal Lahori. Your thoughts should coincide, If you are truly a deep thinker. It's not as If they are contradictory to each other.

Take blessing from Allah swt, your family and set your right foot into the realm of metaphysics.

Try to think about it. Is there a right or wrong? Where does the sense of morality stem from? These are some very beautiful things to think about.

Are you using the forum and the internet and the computer to communicate with someone who is from another country using your endless poetic soul?

or science?

Anyway, lets not make the thread offtopic

I don't know if Afghanistan should be included in the middle east but good luck to team AFG and the rest of middle east. Looking forward to mens' indoor volleyball event. Good luck to Iran/Egypt in volleyball, the only ME volleyball teams to have qualified.

I don't know if Afghanistan should be included in the middle east but good luck to team AFG and the rest of middle east. Looking forward to mens' indoor volleyball event. Good luck to Iran/Egypt in volleyball, the only ME volleyball teams to have qualified.

I'm never really 100% sure which countries are in ME and which arent.

in science there is no absolute answer is not always true, mathematics have absolute answers . and not always absolutes of belief are correct otherwise inquisition didn't question Galileo beliefs. and I believe Rumi and Iqbal Lahuri thughts are beautiful but why I must accept them without questioning ?does my brain is less worthy than theirs ?
its the belief that let the Muslims who were vanguard of science fell behind European. I look at Iran and I see that for several hundred years after death Mula-Sadra and Sheikh Bahai in our school they didn't teach the students how to question things , how to innovate ,.... in those dark years the students only taught to accept what they were told ,only rad books and recite them like parrot . in those years European advanced their science as fast as they could ,the result was heart breaking at the beginning of 20th centuries.

I understand what you mean. But to equate the brain with the heart is a novice mistake. One is definitely stronger than the other, and it is the heart.

Watching men's beach volleyball US vs Qatar and the Qatari men are called 'Jefferson' and 'Cherf'. Don't think we'll be seeing too many indigenous Qataris in Rio, or even in the world cup in 2022.

I guess, but you guys have national language, so why not national dress?

Even Pakistani nation dress shalwar kameez is inspired from Medieval Iran.

We have too many traditional dresses, more than others actually, but we don't have a national dress and the reason is obvious: because each region has their own traditional dresses, so you can't choose one to represent all dresses. So it's better not to have a national dress, and it won't kill us I'm sure, lol.

Best of luck to all Arab states and athletes of Arab origin.

A nice gesture by an Egyptian brother although it caused a bit of controversy as I do not believe that another athlete waived another nation's flag during the opening ceremony yesterday.

2rzq3ck.jpg

Anyway performance wise not much can be expected until Arab governments begin to invest in sports much more seriously than done currently. Let alone combating certain moronic restrictions. The potential is huge as evidenced by the success of the Arab diaspora.

I believe that East German and North Korean discipline and training is needed.

Last edited:
Best of luck to all Arab states and athletes of Arab origin.

A nice gesture by an Egyptian brother although it caused a bit of controversy as I do not believe that another athlete waived another nation's flag during the opening ceremony yesterday.

2rzq3ck.jpg

Anyway performance wise not much can be expected until Arab governments begin to invest in sports much more seriously than done currently. Let alone combating certain moronic restrictions. The potential is huge as evidenced by the success of the Arab diaspora.

I believe that East German and North Korean discipline and training is needed.
For the sake of humanity hope we won't see such discipline in middle east .
http://dailysignal.com/2012/08/08/north-korea-to-olympians-no-medals-means-labor-camp/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...orea-World-Cup-squad-tortured-early-exit.html

Team Lebanon blocked the occupiers team from getting on the same bus with them...

Team Lebanon blocked the occupiers team from getting on the same bus with them...

Childish arab behaviour.
The israeli team could make a scene but they prefer to avoid the arab mentality.
Anyways we should focus on taking medals and not to fight with 3 worlds countrys.

Childish arab behaviour.
The israeli team could make a scene but they prefer to avoid the arab mentality.
Anyways we should focus on taking medals and not to fight with 3 worlds countrys.

I think Olympics is the one place where politics should be kept aside. If any country doesn't like it, they should stay at home.

Of course, to be honest, Israel is usually very guilty about this, constantly trying to prevent Palestine from being represented

For the sake of humanity hope we won't see such discipline in middle east .

Firstly, I was talking about the Arab world and not the Middle East. Secondly it seems that you did not understand the point here. I was talking about dedication, professionalism and work ethic not some absurd concentration camps.

Sports are currently not being taken seriously enough for a lot of reasons and they are seen more as a hobby rather than a full-time professional job. This must change in the future along with better infrastructure and the removal of certain moronic laws, if success and not just participation is the goal.

Numerous athletes of Arab origin from Latin America, North America, Europe, South East Asia etc. often perform much better (winning Olympic medals) than Arab athletes who compete as citizens of Arab states. That should not be the case. All I am saying.

Watching men's beach volleyball US vs Qatar and the Qatari men are called 'Jefferson' and 'Cherf'. Don't think we'll be seeing too many indigenous Qataris in Rio, or even in the world cup in 2022.

How many American athletes are "native"? Has an American of Native Indian origin ever won a single Olympic medal? I find your comment very funny.

That other athlete was named Cherif Younousse and he is an Arab of Moroccan origin born in Qatar.

Over half of Qatar's participants are native and the rest are mostly other Arabs or people who have been neutralized and who now live in Qatar or compete in sports there. If for instance numerous Western European countries can have athletes of Arab origin participating why can Qatar not have non-natives? Non-natives that are mostly fellow Arabs btw.

Besides the GCC is one of the most cosmopolitan areas of the world. You seem unfamiliar with this part of the world.

I am personally not a fan of such policies unless they are Arab or have some sort of ties with Qatar but Qatar should actually be commanded for their investments and focus on sports which many Arab countries can learn a lot from. For a country of less than 1 million natives it is actually amazing what they have done in this regard and I command them for it as a person who likes sports. No other country of this size has done what they have done and I doubt that such a time will come.

Last edited:
Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar's Brazil held to 0-0 draw by minnows Iraq
http://bbc.com/sport/olympics/37005490
Brazil frustrated in Olympic bid

Brazil may have won the World Cup on a record five occasions, but the football-mad nation is desperate to finally claim the one prize that has so far eluded them - Olympic gold.

However, they were jeered by an impatient home crowd of more than 60,000 after failing to beat Iraq.

Brazil had 20 shots at goal, but only managed six on target as the Asian side held on.

"We need to apologise to the fans, to the people," said Brazil coach Rogerio Micale. "As the time passes and we can't score, the anxiety increases, and in this situation it's easier to make mistakes."

Iraq coach Abdulghani Alghazali said: "It's a historic day for Iraq to be able to draw against Brazil at its home. It's a great achievement for Iraqi football."

Denmark top the group with four points after Robert Skov's 69th-minute winner gave them a 1-0 victory over South Africa.
_90707588_brazil.jpg

@Malik Alashter
Sorry this post came this way, currently on mobile that why.

Firstly, I was talking about the Arab world and not the Middle East. Secondly it seems that you did not understand the point here. I was talking about dedication, professionalism and work ethic not some absurd concentration camps.

Sports are currently not being taken seriously enough for a lot of reasons and they are seen more as a hobby rather than a full-time professional job. This must change in the future along with better infrastructure and the removal of certain moronic laws, if success and not just participation is the goal.

Numerous athletes of Arab origin from Latin America, North America, Europe, South East Asia etc. often perform much better (winning Olympic medals) than Arab athletes who compete as citizens of Arab states. That should not be the case. All I am saying.

How many American athletes are "native"? Has an American of Native Indian origin ever won a single Olympic medal? I find your comment very funny.

That other athlete was named Cherif Younousse and he is an Arab of Moroccan origin born in Qatar.

Over half of Qatar's participants are native and the rest are mostly other Arabs or people who have been neutralized and who now live in Qatar or compete in sports there. If for instance numerous Western European countries can have athletes of Arab origin participating why can Qatar not have non-natives? Non-natives that are mostly fellow Arabs btw.

Besides the GCC is one of the most cosmopolitan areas of the world. You seem unfamiliar with this part of the world.

I am personally not a fan of such policies unless they are Arab or have some sort of ties with Qatar but Qatar should actually be commanded for their investments and focus on sports which many Arab countries can learn a lot from. For a country of less than 1 million natives it is actually amazing what they have done in this regard and I command them for it as a person who likes sports. No other country of this size has done what they have done and I doubt that such a time will come.

Good luck to persian gulf countries :)

Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar's Brazil held to 0-0 draw by minnows Iraq
http://bbc.com/sport/olympics/37005490
Brazil frustrated in Olympic bid

Brazil may have won the World Cup on a record five occasions, but the football-mad nation is desperate to finally claim the one prize that has so far eluded them - Olympic gold.

However, they were jeered by an impatient home crowd of more than 60,000 after failing to beat Iraq.

Brazil had 20 shots at goal, but only managed six on target as the Asian side held on.

"We need to apologise to the fans, to the people," said Brazil coach Rogerio Micale. "As the time passes and we can't score, the anxiety increases, and in this situation it's easier to make mistakes."

Iraq coach Abdulghani Alghazali said: "It's a historic day for Iraq to be able to draw against Brazil at its home. It's a great achievement for Iraqi football."

Denmark top the group with four points after Robert Skov's 69th-minute winner gave them a 1-0 victory over South Africa.
_90707588_brazil.jpg

@Malik Alashter
Sorry this post came this way, currently on mobile that why.
Iraqis are so happy with this result they forgot the hot weather the fight against isis they even didn't go to bed waiting to watch that match if you go to twitter you can see all that.

You know that stand against neymar and his fellow on their ground gave Iraqis a big dose of moral!!! thanks for mentioning me.

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha and you wont any soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom