What's new

MIG-21 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot dies

Apparently the pilot was not fully trained to operate the Mig-21.The problem here is lack of adequate trainers and also bad spares.

ok training might be a problem here considering he was so young, but i dont think even with reliable and smooth flow of spare parts, would have prevent this crash...
the problem is with the engine, its too damn old! and probably other electrical systems also dont have any life in them!

Sirji,
Usually a plane life as around 35-40yr. as per some of early post i dnt understand why a plane induct in 2002 and retire (as per your comment) before 2021. only 18-19yr ???

well i think F-7PG will serve till 2025 atleast, or untill ALL the mirages and F-7s get replaced by JF-17....
the reason for retiring it too early could be that PAF doesn't want too many different platforms...

f-7s were designed to have life of 20-25 years ,not 35-40 years..F-7PG might go uptill 2025 but we dot know how much longer it will stay

PAF focus id to keep the running costs as low as possible, thats why its opt for multirole aircrafts with few platforms possible..so costs could be reason to retire them early..but i think they will continue to service till 2025 most indications are in favour of that...
i thought india should have gone with LCA in early 2000s ..these lifes could have been saved..

these MiG's should have been replaced 20 years ago the fact they're still in active service amazes me the MiG-27 and MiG-21 just need to go keep the MiG-29 and MiG-29k but every other MiG fighter needs to go

Back
Top Bottom