What's new

Might be Visiting China

Hello Chinese friends.
I might be visiting kunshan near shangai for 2-3 weeks for a official trip. Any places nearby I can visit , view and enjoy for any one full day.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
welcome!
Kunshan is located right between Suzhou and Shanghai, i'm sure you can find lots of fun in the area.
upload_2015-3-12_18-32-49.png

Kunshan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i think @AndrewJin & @Shotgunner51 could help provide detailed information on local culture and sites.

Enjoy your trip man. Strangely I have not got the opportunity yet. Hopefully I will get it soon and see for myself the Chinese Economic Miracle.

welcome!
Kunshan is located right between Suzhou and Shanghai, i'm sure you can find lots of fun in the area.
View attachment 201864
Kunshan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i think @AndrewJin & @Shotgunner51 could help provide detailed information on local culture and sites.

Haha I hope to find some time to enjoy. But I am planning to spend atleast one day roaming. :D

Enjoy your trip man. Strangely I have not got the opportunity yet. Hopefully I will get it soon and see for myself the Chinese Economic Miracle.

My friends have already been to Shenzen near hong kong. Main drawbacks for any Indian visiting china is english , and another finding Indian food, which are rare and costly.

Welcome to China. Enjoy your trip.
Kunshan is an industrial city, nothing more, so please consider to have more happy days in Shanghai, downtown, parks and shopping malls.
There is an old town called Zhouzhuang at the south of Kunshan, you may consider to have a visit there. PS, you need to buy an entry ticket about, not sure, maybe 2,000 India Rupees.

KunShan city of JiangSu province ... near is ShangHai, NanJing, SuZhou etc more famous.
In my opinion, KunShan is 2nd DongGuan in China, a manufacturing center in Yangtze River delta.

View attachment 201872
View attachment 201873
View attachment 201874

Heard its full of lakes n rivers. Waiting to see :D :)

Welcome to China. Enjoy your trip.
Kunshan is an industrial city, nothing more, so please consider to have more happy days in Shanghai, downtown, parks and shopping malls.
There is an old town called Zhouzhuang at the south of Kunshan, you may consider to have a visit there. PS, you need to buy an entry ticket about, not sure, maybe 2,000 India Rupees.

Cool. Looks like the sort of place to my interest. Will definitely try to visit. Thanks :D

My Adventures Across China
For all the places in Yangtze delta, Hangzhou should be the priority. During 2014, I went there at least 5 times. But I'm in Wuhan now for several months, central China, otherwise you could join my weekend excursion to Hangzhou If I were still there. Shanghai is needless to say, there is an English version of Lonely Planet Shanghai which also includes Hangzhou/Suzhou chapters. Nanjing is also fun, capital of Republic of China and Ming Dynasty, now the capital of Jiangsu Province where Kunshan is located.

byw, Kunshan is quite boring, but has some over crowded water towns. Kunshan belongs to Suzhou City, which I think is much more fun. If you don't have an organised bus, I suggest you take an intercity train, Kunshan-Shanghai-Hangzhou or Kunshan-Suzhou. Make sure the right railway station since every city has at least two, one in downtown and another one far away mainly for Shanghai-Beijing HSR.

Ask me any question if you like, I've been living in Shanghai for nearly 7 years and I am supposed to know this region quite well. :-)

屏幕快照 2015-03-12 20.16.56.png

Last edited:
My Adventures Across China
For all the places in Yangtze delta, Hangzhou should be the priority. During 2014, I went there at least 5 times. But I'm in Wuhan now for several months, central China, otherwise you could join my weekend excursion to Hangzhou If I were still there. Shanghai is needless to say, there is an English version of Lonely Planet Shanghai which also includes Hangzhou/Suzhou chapters. Nanjing is also fun, capital of Republic of China and Ming Dynasty, now the capital of Jiangsu Province where Kunshan is located.

byw, Kunshan is quite boring, but has some over crowded water towns. Kunshan belongs to Suzhou City, which I think is much more fun. If you don't have an organised bus, I suggest you take an intercity train, Kunshan-Shanghai-Hangzhou or Kunshan-Suzhou. Make sure the right railway station since every city has at least two, one in downtown and another one far away mainly for Shanghai-Beijing HSR.

Ask me any question if you like, I've been living in Shanghai for nearly 7 years and I am supposed to know this region quite well. :-)

View attachment 201909

Your post is quite helpfull thanks . Does there are signboards in English to help me pick the right station and train?

If you are into traditional/historic stuff, Suzhou is the place to go. So many Southern Chinese style gardens and temples, not to mention canals similar to ones in Venice. You'll be in for a treat.

Your post is quite helpfull thanks . Does there are signboards in English to help me pick the right station and train?

Most signs in big cities like Shanghai are in both Chinese and English. You may want a translator if you go to small towns/villages.

I should suggest Lonely Planet Chinese phrasebook, at least u can show it to non-English speakers. Generally in Shanghai, u will find English is ok in younger generation. But since we learn engineering and medicine in Chinese, you know....

Signs in railway stations are mostly bilingual.
btw, foreigners and Chinese without a 2nd generation ID card are not allowed to use automatic ticket machine.:frown:
Hangzhou East Railway Station
屏幕快照 2015-03-12 21.45.21.png

Last edited:
welcome to china,enjoy you trip;you should come to beijing;i'm in beijing now ,LOL:lol:
But i suggest you learn some simple chinese~it will help your trip;

Back
Top Bottom