What's new

Military Analysis: Face Bangladesh Army At Your Own Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
superiority in numbers for sure.. training? okay... that's why when your defence minister came recently and insulted our military personnel... we refused your offer and insulted you guys back asking to train from us at our military academy...
that's why we have cadets coming from all over the world to train at our academy yeah? pfft...

mukhti's did operation jackpot... read it up sometime... naval commando operation done by men trained for 6 months in india by men who were ex- pakistani commandos is no joke.

again... we never claimed to destroy pakistani destroyers.... etc.
naval historians agree after checking out the submarine wreck that it had an internal explosion... no attack that destroyed it...

perhaps i shall remind you of india's action on china for allegedly taking over part of kashmir and how terribly you guys fucked up...

i know you guys have no interest on us militarily at all... and neither do we... boasting about your military prowess over us on a defence forum by pakistanis won;t do much.

yeah funny talk... please do take out the subs when they're purchased and bought... let's see how india manages to protect it's assets with its already undernumbered squadrons to name one for you.

you pansy fight is with pakistan and china... go fight with them like a kiddo... not us... and certainly not with those boastful threats you guys only dare to spit out in forums...

arjun sank through the punjab sand... it needs to lose some weight.... and even their army wasn't happy about it...
and then tejas is rejected by the navy...

Initially,i respected you for being neutral but you are too biased and dumb who takes this personally.

India's war with China has what to do with Bangladesh?

Instead of telling me things about how and when why dont you instead post some of the great operations your Army has done in the past.

I can guarantee you that your BD Army personnel come to India on a regular basis for training.I have met many of them.

I dont mean to insult you,your race or your country in any way but Bangladesh doesnt have the Army to stop an Indian attack just like we cannot with US or China.

And it was you who made the claim of defeating India becoz bangladeshis were guerilla fighter..or martial people??

In the British Army also the bravest of the brave regtts are still with India like the Gurkhas,Rajputana,Sikhs!!

India doesnt want a war with you..and respect that fact because the reason is that your muscles dont bother us but we are peaceful.

India can roll over most of its neighbors including BD if it puts it full military might.

Naval blockade and AF bombing will be enough for you without putting a single soldiers life at risk if we were interested at all!!

What past kiddo, o plz dont claim how u won in 71, plz dont embarras ur self, lol...
After losing in 1971 and allowing 90,000 of PA troops to surrender to a joint BD-India command you have proved your martial race claim is false. Did not have the PA troops even at least 90,000 bullets to kill themselves before being captured at the hands of Bhagwan worshiping Hindu soldiers? Shame on PA troops-----

Urdu was official language, the language of the court and administrationof the Punjab, Kashmir and eastern portions of NWFP since 1850. In your province, it was introduced by the British in 1820 starting with one district and then expanding throughout the province for thirty years. In East Pakistan Bengali was replaced with Urdu within one month of Pakistan's inception which made civil servants,whose administrative language had been Bengali till then, go jobless. We weren't even given the time to adjust, and people say it was raw conspiracy lol. The only one's benefiting from Urdu were Punjabis and Mohajirs who already were acquainted with Urdu. funny how you guys blame us for your own Punjabi chauvinism.
Wow I didn't know this. Could you give me a link plz?

Ok point nicely carried..
But That's where you are wrong ...india in current scenario can not attack neither China or Pakistan because of their nuclear arsenal ..But in Bangladesh case they have no worry of any backlash.. So how will Bangladesh be able to sustain their airforce and naval attacks..How they can plan their land attack..is it possible

This entire thread is very childish. I do not see a situation where there can be a war between BD and India. As the adage goes democracies do not go to war against one another. However having said that without doubt BD has a plan for such an eventuality and has always planned for it.

A war is fought on many stages beyond the battlefield. BD recognises it faces an enemy in India that is many times larger. As such we have sought alliances with global powers that stands against India. This was so post Mujib through to the 90's where BD aligned itself with US. As US itself has realigned itself after the collapse of USSR by closing ranks with India BD has smoothly shifted to an alliance with China.

BD has specifically ensured it is part of the global economy and has vast linkages accross economic, social, diplomatic, people to people, educational arena. These soft linkages will have their part to play.

BD from its perspective will seek to avoid any conflict but will fight if needed should it deem the situation to be an existential crisis.

BD planners would have run various model and have war gamed many scenario but the gist in my opinion is as follows:

BA - Will shoulder the entire responsibility for the war. Their first aim would be to take the chicken neck and establish a corridor between BD and china. The secondary objective would be to pacify seven sisters. It is likely the first objective would be difficult to achieve but seven sisters will fall. BD will face a one front war.

BA would expect the politicians and the world bodies to agree deescalation means by this point, as any advantage would be short lived as BA would not want to be holding any Indian territory in the long run

Ultimately one would expect India to move into BD proper as BA fall back probably everywhere except the shilguri corridor to keep IA occupied and keeping a supply route open.
BA would fall into standard people resistance mode which is our primary strategy.

India will defeat BA formally on its soil but once in BD they will not be able to control it. They will bleed for every inch of BD and for every day they stay. There will be no victory for IA. BA won't be surrendering like the PA which essentially at that point was a foreign force.

BAF - will have a very short window where it would have operational freedom given IAF numbers. BAF will be have several days at maximum. Their primary effort would be to do as much damage as the can to Indian assets in the BoB and in the seven sisters state. They will provide as much support as possible to the BA and then seek to fly and escape to china. Our transport asset would relocate with the heads of service to Malaysia and Indonesia as per arrangements that exists from the Pakistan era.

BN- will do what it can to damage IN and whilst it will remain operational for weeks it will not be able to hold the line. Like the BAF it will disengage to save the assets by sailing to safe ports east.

From an Indian perspective a conflict with BD derives no benefit. First whilst it can win the initial battles it can not do so without reducing its strength in other potential theatres of war where they face enemies like china who are significant more stronger than India or Pakistan where they are on par. Reducing assets there significantly reduces indias overall security.

Secondly if they are able to establish any territorial control which is doubtful.... the losses would be significant and continuous to hold a country of 170m. It takes a half of Indian forces to keep Kashmir with negligible population.

India is not US it's not even Russia, BD is not Crimea. We have a solid foundation as a nation and against external foes the internal political differences will vanish. India has not cultivated friends in the region. It was successful in 1971 because the people of BD desired independence. A war against BD Indian forces will face BD forces and its people with singular purpose to thwart its ambitions.

There is no scenario where a conflict leaves BD or India in a better position so it will not happen.

BD can survive a war with India and come out the other side whatever happens. For India it needs to be a a short sharp war, if it becomes one of occupation like USSR in Afghanistan it will end the Indian union as the cost in money and manpower it can not afford.

A war takes a lot of effort and without clear strategy and goals one should not entertain such moves. One can very rarely control events once it's in motion. Bonafide global powers have always been defeated by people's army and the story is always the same.... an invader can not stand long when the people are united.... in this instance the difference in power that India can bring to the BD theatre whilst keeping china and Pakistan in bay is not that much. Victory even rudimentary for India is not certain.

This entire thread is very childish. I do not see a situation where there can be a war between BD and India. As the adage goes democracies do not go to war against one another. However having said that without doubt BD has a plan for such an eventuality and has always planned for it.

A war is fought on many stages beyond the battlefield. BD recognises it faces an enemy in India that is many times larger. As such we have sought alliances with global powers that stands against India. This was so post Mujib through to the 90's where BD aligned itself with US. As US itself has realigned itself after the collapse of USSR by closing ranks with India BD has smoothly shifted to an alliance with China.

BD has specifically ensured it is part of the global economy and has vast linkages accross economic, social, diplomatic, people to people, educational arena. These soft linkages will have their part to play.

BD from its perspective will seek to avoid any conflict but will fight if needed should it deem the situation to be an existential crisis.

BD planners would have run various model and have war gamed many scenario but the gist in my opinion is as follows:

BA - Will shoulder the entire responsibility for the war. Their first aim would be to take the chicken neck and establish a corridor between BD and china. The secondary objective would be to pacify seven sisters. It is likely the first objective would be difficult to achieve but seven sisters will fall. BD will face a one front war.

BA would expect the politicians and the world bodies to agree deescalation means by this point, as any advantage would be short lived as BA would not want to be holding any Indian territory in the long run

Ultimately one would expect India to move into BD proper as BA fall back probably everywhere except the shilguri corridor to keep IA occupied and keeping a supply route open.
BA would fall into standard people resistance mode which is our primary strategy.

India will defeat BA formally on its soil but once in BD they will not be able to control it. They will bleed for every inch of BD and for every day they stay. There will be no victory for IA. BA won't be surrendering like the PA which essentially at that point was a foreign force.

BAF - will have a very short window where it would have operational freedom given IAF numbers. BAF will be have several days at maximum. Their primary effort would be to do as much damage as the can to Indian assets in the BoB and in the seven sisters state. They will provide as much support as possible to the BA and then seek to fly and escape to china. Our transport asset would relocate with the heads of service to Malaysia and Indonesia as per arrangements that exists from the Pakistan era.

BN- will do what it can to damage IN and whilst it will remain operational for weeks it will not be able to hold the line. Like the BAF it will disengage to save the assets by sailing to safe ports east.

From an Indian perspective a conflict with BD derives no benefit. First whilst it can win the initial battles it can not do so without reducing its strength in other potential theatres of war where they face enemies like china who are significant more stronger than India or Pakistan where they are on par. Reducing assets there significantly reduces indias overall security.

Secondly if they are able to establish any territorial control which is doubtful.... the losses would be significant and continuous to hold a country of 170m. It takes a half of Indian forces to keep Kashmir with negligible population.

India is not US it's not even Russia, BD is not Crimea. We have a solid foundation as a nation and against external foes the internal political differences will vanish. India has not cultivated friends in the region. It was successful in 1971 because the people of BD desired independence. A war against BD Indian forces will face BD forces and its people with singular purpose to thwart its ambitions.

There is no scenario where a conflict leaves BD or India in a better position so it will not happen.

BD can survive a war with India and come out the other side whatever happens. For India it needs to be a a short sharp war, if it becomes one of occupation like USSR in Afghanistan it will end the Indian union as the cost in money and manpower it can not afford.

A war takes a lot of effort and without clear strategy and goals one should not entertain such moves. One can very rarely control events once it's in motion. Bonafide global powers have always been defeated by people's army and the story is always the same.... an invader can not stand long when the people are united.... in this instance the difference in power that India can bring to the BD theatre whilst keeping china and Pakistan in bay is not that much. Victory even rudimentary for India is not certain.

You are assuming a lot, India will never enter BD. India will simply bomb Bangladesh from sky or hit with missiles or even better yet -- Wait till monsoon and flood BD by blowing all of the dams and then drop few Bacteriological agents. BD will crumble faster than you can say Dhaka.
India will have to defend borders though, for hordes of sick Bangladeshi flowing into the country.

I still do not see why India and BD will go to war that is. Modi just resolved enclaves and exclaves.

You are assuming a lot, India will never enter BD. India will simply bomb Bangladesh from sky or hit with missiles or even better yet -- Wait till monsoon and flood BD by blowing all of the dams and then drop few Bacteriological agents. BD will crumble faster than you can say Dhaka.
India will have to defend borders though, for hordes of sick Bangladeshi flowing into the country.

I still do not see why India and BD will go to war that is. Modi just resolved enclaves and exclaves.

Your assumption is that India will have such freedom of operation.

My assumption is that BD forces would have certain plan of action. BA philosophy is that Indian forces would be met in Indian territory and it would be imperative to establish a supply route to china and the chicken neck is the obvious choice.

Missiles... what will you hit? Military installation.... fine. Point is India is not strong enough to hold BD.

Bacterialogical weapons against a neighbour... I will leave that with you to ponder on your own.

India does not have a free hand to operate as it chooses. BD will have its responses as will china and Pakistan. Off course the latter won't intervene but if shilguri corridor falls there will be nothing to stop china rolling into Indian territory from the east.

As I said in a war events can not be controlled. India does not have any friends and it is too weak to prosecute any war or invasion. 1971 won't be repeated as the people of Bangladesh would be against you. You should look to your experience in srilanka where your misadventure was thwarted by a tiny guarilla army....

Last edited:
This is a pointless thread.

I'm sure the BD military has some sort of plan in the scenario that India decides to invade BD.

I can't even think of a scenario where BD attacks India first.

The end result of all scenarios is that BD loses.

Case closed.

Bangladesh doesn't need Army as it doesn't have any enemy, only border force is enough to stop anyone trying to cross illegally.

This is a pointless thread.

I'm sure the BD military has some sort of plan in the scenario that India decides to invade BD.

I can't even think of a scenario where BD attacks India first.

The end result of all scenarios is that BD loses.

Case closed.

BD will lose battles not the war. India can not hold BD against the wish of its population. They understood it in 1971 and they understand it now.

However given that there is no chance of a conflict the whole thread is childish.

Bangladesh doesn't need Army as it doesn't have any enemy, only border force is enough to stop anyone trying to cross illegally.
Thank you for you interjection

Last edited:
Your assumption is that India will have such freedom of operation.

My assumption is that BD forces would have certain plan of action. BA philosophy is that Indian forces would be met in Indian territory and it would be imperative to establish a supply route to china and the chicken neck is the obvious choice.

Missiles... what will you hit? Military installation.... fine. Point is India is not strong enough to hold BD.

Bacterialogical weapons against a neighbour... I will leave that with you to ponder on your own.

India does not have a free hand to operate as it chooses. BD will have its responses as will china and Pakistan. Off course the latter won't intervene but if shilguri corridor falls there will be nothing to stop china rolling into Indian territory from the east.

As I said in a war events can not be controlled. India does not have any friends and it is too weak to prosecute any war or invasion. 1971 won't be repeated as the people of Bangladesh would be against you. You should look to your experience in srilanka where your misadventure was thwarted by a tiny guarilla army....

Assuming the one starting war is India, India will have all the freedom of operation. It can choose time of attack and initial attack.

On war tactics; a lot depends upon what India has in her mind when initiating the war. Here only objective I can see that India to have is to conduct a swift punitive action of some sorts, like destroying terrorist camps within BD territory and reducing BD ability to raise them in near future. Holding BD territory does not seems to fit any objective.

If such is the case then a bacteriological war during monsoon combined with massive air strike will serve the purpose well.

And where do you get the idea that India has no allies? Remember US of A?
Lastly, it is not exactly allies who help in war, it is more like there are treaties in place which allows nations to call for help in case they face a hostile power. Like India had during 1971. Russia had promised to intervene if US throws her hat in the game. Similar will happen again. This time with US of A. Remember, India is attacking as per this thread. They will have treaties with USA to ensure that in case of a confrontation with China, US Pacific fleet will intervene. Russia will mostly sit out of war. Now it will be fun to see if China attacks India knowing that it will have to fight US and India combined, over BD. At best they will give diplomatic support.

Last edited:
All we have to do is send 5 rafael to Dhaka from Barrackpore and bangaladesh will be ours LOL sath me 10 mki bhi bhej denge lul :yay:
hue hue hue but buy the rafale first. with your military politburo's competency, we might even buy Su35 (when it reaches eol like f-15/f16) by the time you guys buy the 5 rafales. :lol:

All we have to do is send 5 rafael to Dhaka from Barrackpore and bangaladesh will be ours LOL sath me 10 mki bhi bhej denge lul :yay:

Honestly, best way is to open all the dam doors and let monsoon do its job. It happens every year. If you really insist, create a breed of really-really deadly malaria and super strong mosquitoes and introduce it in that region. Nature will take care of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom