What's new

Military Awards Announced

Minhas

New Recruit

Reaction score
The ongoing battle against terrorists should be considered at par with full scale wars. We have lost nearly 100 officers and numerous jawans to this war, which is a greater number than World War!

I only wish that the top gallantry award in this operation should have been Nishan e Haider and not just Sitara e Basalat (Top award for operations other than War)

I have highlighted the names in red, which I remember, are related to Swat Operation. If you can point out more, please tell. Thanks :)

:pakistan:

Courtesy: The News International

Friday, August 14, 2009
Rawalpindi

The Government of Pakistan has announced honours and awards for the Armed Forces of Pakistan on the occasion of 62nd Independence of Pakistan, says a press release.

The details of the recipients of awards are as follow:

Sitara-i-Basalat has been conferred to Brigadier Saeed Ahmed (Shaheed), Brigadier Muhammad Afzal Cheema (Shaheed), Colonel Muhammad Nauman Saeed, Major Asif Javed, Major Abdul Shakoor, Major Sajjad Hadir Shah, (Shaheed), Major Muhammad Zia Ul Haque, (Shaheed), Major Tayyub Aziz, (Shaheed), Major Asad Akbar, (Shaheed), Captain Bilal Zafar, (Shaheed), Captain Muneeb Ahmed, (Shaheed), Captain Mearaj Muhammad (Shaheed), Lieutenant Haider Nazir, (Shaheed), Lieutenant Sohail Ahmed, (Shaheed), Lieutenant Jahangir Khan (Shaheed), Naib Subedar Nisar Ahmed (Shaheed) and Group Captain Amir Masud (PAF).

Tamgha-i-Basalat and Bar has been awarded to Colonel Sajid Naveed and Lieutenant Colonel Nawazish Ali.

Tamgha-i-Basalat have been awarded to Brigadier Muhammad Saleem Soekarno, Colonel Tahir Maqsood Khan, Lieutenant Colonel Pir Umar Farooq, (Shaheed), Lieutenant Colonel Irfan Hassan, Lieutenant Colonel Zahid Mahmood, Lieutenant Colonel Mumtaz Hussain, Lieutenant Colonel Syed Mubasher Hassan, Lieutenant Colonel Chanzeb Khan, Major Muhammad Bilal Anwar, Major Zahid Bari, Major Zafar Ullah Khan Niazi, Major Khalid Rashid Maooz, Major Muhammad Umair Khan Bangash, Major Sajid Ilyas, Major Sardar Ali Khan Siddiqi, Captain Muhammad Tahir, Captain Bilal Bin Khalid, Captain Shaukat Ali, Captain Jaleel Abbas, Captain Safar Khan, Captain Jawad Hamid, Captain Najam Riaz Raja, (Shaheed), Captain Jonaid Khan, (Shaheed), Captain Asad Mehmood, Captain Ejaz Shah, Captain Kamran Khan, Lieutenant Awais Nadeem, Lieutenant Safdar Abbas Saqib, Lieutenant Zeeshan Naeem, Subedar Major Fazal Khan, (Shaheed), Subedar Ehsan Ullah Khan, Ris Muhammad Khan, (Shaheed), Subedar Ali Asghar, (Shaheed), Naib Subedar Muhammad Rafique, Naib Subedar Haider Khan, (Shaheed), Naib Subedar Abdul Khaliq, (Shaheed), Naib Subedar Abdul Ghafoor, Naib Subedar Noor Badshah, Havildar Mir Hassan, (Shaheed), Havildar Muhammad Qasim (Shaheed), Havildar Muhammad Afzal, (Shaheed), Havildar Abdul Rouf Qusar, (Shaheed), Havildar Muhammad Saleem, (Shaheed), Havildar Shahid Shakeel, (Shaheed), Havildar Bashir Ahmed Khan, (Shaheed), Naik Khaliq Zaman, (Shaheed), Naik Shahid Rasool, (Shaheed), Naik Abid Hussain, (Shaheed), Naik Ghulam Mustafa (Shaheed), Lance Naik Shakeel Ahmed, (Shaheed), Lance Naik Jehan Zeb, (Shaheed), Lance Naik Riaz, (Shaheed), Lance Naik Muhammad Arslan Sajjad, (Shaheed), Lance Naik Amir, (Shaheed), Lance Naik Muhammad Anwaiz, (Shaheed), Unpaid/Lance Naik Naveed Hussain, (Shaheed), Sepoy Shakeel Ahmed, (Shaheed), Sepoy Muhammad Asif Nawaz, (Shaheed), Sepoy Khan Faraz, (Shaheed), Sehpar Khan Bad Shah, (Shaheed), Sepoy Kashif Iqbal, Sepoy Zakir Khan, (Shaheed), Sepoy Muslim Ali, Sepoy Mashooque Ali, Sepoy Fazal Ur Rehman, (Shaheed), Sepoy Atta Muhammad, (Shaheed), Sepoy Ali Sher, (Shaheed), Sepoy Muhammad Ali, (Shaheed), Sepoy Iftikhar Ahmed, (Shaheed), Sepoy Seyar Khan, Sepoy Syed Muhammad Razwan Shah, Sepoy Muhammad Sami Ullah, (Shaheed), Sepoy Muhammad Adeel, (Shaheed), Sepoy Mian Muhammad Umar, (Shaheed), Sepoy Zafar Iqbal Khan, (Shaheed), Sepoy Muhammad Rashad, (Shaheed), Sepoy Shahzad Mahmood, (Shaheed), Sepoy Asbar Khan, Sepoy Shahid Ali, (Shaheed), Sepoy Shahid Khan, (Shaheed), Sepoy Ali Rehman, (Shaheed) and Sepoy Muhammad Rizwan, (Shaheed).

[I have removed the names of Non-operational award recipients]

Last edited:
So many shaheeds. The list grows longer, but with each shaheed Pakistan grows stronger inshallah.

Shahadat is itself greatest award a muslim can desire, medals have no value infront of award of shahadat from Allah SWT (Shaheeds are alive ).

They sacrificed their today for our tomorrow.I salute them all brave sons of soil.

all of them are form the ongoing operation.

I agree that shahadat is a great award.

But I think as a muslim and as a nation we have a duty to the shaheeds families to take care of them.

These honours are just a small token of our gratitude.

Should be more than that...

Asad Akbar was my class fellow in Garrison Academy, Lahore
we did Matric together
he was simple person with friendly nature. the most sincere friend i ever had. He got married a year before his shahadat. He was a good muslim and Pashtun.
His father retired from 25 Punjab from Lahore which he latter on Joined.
His ancesteral home is in Qasmi, Takth Bhai and his brother who is in Media, Naveed Akbar Khan Khattack lives in Sader Flats in Lahore
God Bless his Soul

Last edited:
all of them are form the ongoing operation.

I agree that shahadat is a great award.

But I think as a muslim and as a nation we have a duty to the shaheeds families to take care of them.

These honours are just a small token of our gratitude.

Should be more than that...

the army takes care of their own!

Saluate to the people who lost their life while defending our's, and Islamic republic of Pakistan. May Allah give them reward for their niyah.. Ameen..

the army takes care of their own!

I sincerely hope... Cuz I dont really think, as far as I have checked that only few are taken care of. Anyway, it is not only Army's duty but also of all of us, for whom they are sacrificing... they arent sacrificing for army, but for us, for our Motherland...:pakistan:

I sincerely hope... Cuz I dont really think, as far as I have checked that only few are taken care of. Anyway, it is not only Army's duty but also of all of us, for whom they are sacrificing... they arent sacrificing for army, but for us, for our Motherland...:pakistan:

I think their shadat is for Islam and for protection of whole muslim ummah and indeed also for mother land Pakistan(castle of Islam).

"Islam zinda huta hai har Karbala ka bad".

Back
Top Bottom