What's new

Military Watch Magazine: Fakour-90 among World’s Top Seven Most Dangerous Standoff Air to Air Missiles

drmeson

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/world-s-top-seven-most-dangerous-standoff-air-to-air-missiles-from-european-meteors-to-russian-r-37s

Fakour-90 among them

1656849438551.png

1656849517673.png

1656850150107.png

the article has serious problem

Yes, but there is no doubt Fakour-90 is one of the most dangerous Long-range weapons out there in the world. key-aero mentions its testing against Stealth flying wings, its ECM against Jamming by Falcons. I can count on my fingers how many countries can make such a system.

Yes, but there is no doubt Fakour-90 is one of the most dangerous Long-range weapons out there in the world. key-aero mentions its testing against Stealth flying wings, its ECM against Jamming by Falcons. I can count on my fingers how many countries can make such a system.
to be honest , i'll put the next generation with ARH there , the current one with SARH I have my doubt.
also it seems the article increased the range of all the missiles.

to be honest , i'll put the next generation with ARH there , the current one with SARH I have my doubt.

Works both ways. SARH cant be dodged that easily because even if enemy somehow jams SARH seeker (not easy, it has ECM control) it uses of Shalamche's missile, the AWG9+ from 270 KM away (its tracking range) is still guiding it from 40-45K feet. All the while you are also being fired by other AD missiles. An F-14AM can simply fire 2 x Fakour-90 towards an intruder from 150 KM away and keep tracking the target while another F-14AM + 2 x MIGs + 2 x Kowsars can rush towards the chaffing/flaring dancing target with their own packages.

As for the range, yes the American writer got excited. Fakour-90 has a max range of 150 KM.

Baraye hameen migam Iransetiz hasti. Farghi nemikone ya as Roosiye bekhareem ya khode Iran towleed koneh, amsale to hichvaght raazee nemishan ta ye "made in USA/UK/France" bebinan. Va gharbzade va vatan foroosh-am khodeti.

Fakour 90 is ARH, I dont Know where you pick nonsense it is SARH

SARH guided missiles have no transmiters, it is bistatic arrangment.. This forum has became Source of so much misinformation

Semi-active-radar-homing.jpg
here you GO, SARH arrangment, missile has only passive reciver while aircraft can both transmit and recive... You can spot passive reciver from mile on missile

Baraye hameen migam Iransetiz hasti. Farghi nemikone ya as Roosiye bekhareem ya khode Iran towleed koneh, amsale to hichvaght raazee nemishan ta ye "made in USA/UK/France" bebinan. Va gharbzade va vatan foroosh-am khodeti.
why you had to make a joke of yourself , if you want make a post go and read about the subject first.
the article is useless as it get it wrong about all the missiles there , the only correct thing about all the missiles there is their origin all the detail is wrong.
so go and try harder for my challenge , Vatan-Foroush

Fakour 90 is ARH, I dont Know where you pick nonsense it is SARH

SARH guided missiles have no transmiters, it is bistatic arrangment.. This forum has became Source of so much misinformation
Fakour-90 is not AIM-54 reverse engineered , aside from it use a shell similar to AIM-54 there is no other similarity, its continuation of project sejjil.

Fakour-90 is not AIM-54 reverse engineered , aside from it use a shell similar to AIM-54 there is no other similarity, its continuation of project sejjil.

With motor changed and ECCM packages included I wonder can we even call it a continuation of Hawk.

With motor changed and ECCM packages included I wonder can we even call it a continuation of Hawk.
i say its still continuation of sejjil project that wanted to install MIM-23 on F-14 , first they tried with MIM-23 , they saw the problem that happen there they changed the casing and it become fakour -90 , then they make it more suitable for air launch by upgrading those parts . but honnestly Fakour-90 or Maqsood must not occupy all our ressource in this regard . those two missiles are missiles for a very specific aircraft . we must focous on something like AIM-120 that all our aircrafts can use not something specific to 40 airframe.

i say its still continuation of sejjil project that wanted to install MIM-23 on F-14 , first they tried with MIM-23 , they saw the problem that happen there they changed the casing and it become fakour -90 , then they make it more suitable for air launch by upgrading those parts . but honnestly Fakour-90 or Maqsood must not occupy all our ressource in this regard . those two missiles are missiles for a very specific aircraft . we must focous on something like AIM-120 that all our aircrafts can use not something specific to 40 airframe.

My point was seeker, the motor, the aerodynamics of Fakour-90 is different from the Hawk so can we even call this system a descendent of Hawk integration on F-14 ? I feel we cant. Everything is changed. Its more like a Iranian local Shalamche+AIM-54. Btw even Shalamche is an assumption, nobody has ever seen Fakour-90's seeker to be certain. Fakour-90 and Maghsoud will survive in IRIAF as long as F-14 remain in service.

R-77-1 is coming with MIG-29 SMT upgrade and SU-35S if the deal goes smoothly. I hope the numbers are as high as 500 so that Kowsar-I/II can get the BVR weapon too.

Back
Top Bottom