What's new

Minority loving Modi Govt wants to abolish Christmas Holidays!!

Do you think Modi Govt is good for India?

• Total voters
What tyranny? Some right wing Hindus? Are you sure you don't have such people in every community including yours? In fact you seem to be one such person issuing threats here.

Where is the circular? If it is so then you will find crores of Hindus protesting against it. And you have a functioning democracy where you can get rid of a bad government without thinking about 'breaking' the country.

If this happens, my belief in our Democracy will strengthen. Just hope what you say actually comes out true. I will be more than happy.

This figure of 10500 crores is just a figment of imagination. If this is true then nab the culprits with all the proofs. Who is stopping you from that?

Don't take this excuse to persecute your minorities.
yeah.. u keep saying its figment of imagination and keep converting your majority population to Christianity, and when other raises voice you start crying foul. good game you playing here..
how come there are Christians in chatisgarh, when there were none just 10-15 yrs back...

another one.. huh.. you should speak for your self... 10500 crore.. too bad, i didn't received one penny at least. ..
huh...
who knows how much you got, and why will.you reveal here.
I will for all, and so for my self.

Once Government is successful in implementing it, it will become an annual feature, thereby getting rid of Christmas holidays for good.
Although the essay competition translating to abolition of christmas holiday is a far stretch, as I suppose days of banks, PSU's, government offices and private sector writing essays for HRD ministry are quite quite slim....

But I do see that this broad jump wasn't innocent but quite delberate bait, so let me bite...
..... National holiday gone, wouldn't that be a travesty..... National holidays are privileges afforded to the people, not a constitutional right....If the government was to take away all the national holdays and instead, gives equal number of yearly vacation and PTO's what effect would that have?

Good post. :tup:

In fact, no one really knows at which time of year Jesus was born, the Bible itself did not mention it. Logically though, Easter is surely a better candidate.
Jesus was born in summers.
his birth was made to coincide with the local pagan festival of the time, so that when people celebrate their local festival, it seems like they celebrating, Christmas. so, getting acceptance without any controversy and force..
pretty smart.. huh..

Although the essay competition translating to abolition of christmas holiday is a far stretch, as I suppose days of banks, PSU's, government offices and private sector writing essays for HRD ministry are quite quite slim....

But I do see that this broad jump wasn't innocent but quite delberate bait, so let me bite...
..... National holiday gone, wouldn't that be a travesty..... National holidays are privileges afforded to the people, not a constitutional right....If the government was to take away all the national holdays and instead, gives equal number of yearly vacation and PTO's what effect would that have?

Most private sectors employees will not get any holiday then, having worked and working in some of the top organizations in India I can tell you that our officially given leaves and even mandatory leaves remain only in books, we barely get a chance to take it, our only holidays are the festival holidays that are 80% assured. :)

If we think on such lines then there is no sureshot day for any kind of religious festivals in the world. It all work on assumptions. You dont have birth certificates of any of the religious figures.

No one cares about the exact date of Jesus birth. Various assumptions are there. It is the spirit of Christmas that matters. The celebration of arrival of Christ.

You can celebrate Holi in winters and Diwali in summers if you wish.

Jesus was born in summers.
his birth was made to coincide with the local pagan festival of the time, so that when people celebrate their local festival, it seems like they celebrating, Christmas. so, getting acceptance without any controversy and force..
pretty smart.. huh..

Most private sectors employees will not get any holiday then, having worked and working in some of the top organizations in India I can tell you that our officially given leaves and even mandatory leaves remain only in books, we barely get a chance to take it, our only holidays are the festival holidays that are 80% assured. :)
Talk to HR, you might be up for a fat payout from the lawsuit....
Indian labour law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we think on such lines then there is no sureshot day for any kind of religious festivals in the world. It all work on assumptions. You dont have birth certificates of any of the religious figures.

No one cares about the exact date of Jesus birth. Various assumptions are there. It is the spirit of Christmas that matters. The celebration of arrival of Christ.

You can celebrate Holi in winters and Diwali in summers if you wish.
Dont feel hurt my friend, it was not my intention. its good that people celebrate it and add one more holiday to our list. it's jst what missionaries are doing that bugs me out.
I am neither against you nor against your holiday.

Sad and concerning indeed,well indian christians can celebrate with our Pakistani christians in Pakistan.

Talk to HR, you might be up for a fat payout from the lawsuit....
Indian labour law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is India!! It is not officially denied in writting, always the boss verbally rejects it showing some excuse, at best officially one is asked to postpone the leave, one can still take the leave forcefully but at the risk of screwing the apprisals. :) And a legal case against your company means you will have to leave that company soon and you will get bad remarks in reference checks in your next company. People don't generally take panga with the boss or the company one is working in. Here even lay-offs are masked as resignations because employees don't want termination letters, and I am talking about large corporates here, things are worse in smaller companies. Normally people take CLs for 1-2 days at one go in case of an emergency, PLs are mostly remain accrued, though companies pay money for the accrued PLs. Only group D staffs have unions, others don't, and mid-level managers probably have the least rights to enjoy such benefits like leaves. :)

Sad and concerning indeed,well indian christians can celebrate with our Pakistani christians in Pakistan.

They still exist in Pakistan!! :o:

"Good governance" was one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's top election slogans during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. The BJP government wants CBSE to carry out various activities, like an essay competition, so that students’ participation increases on Christmas Day.

NAGPUR: If the Union government has its way, CBSE schools may have to remain open on this Christmas.

The Union human resource development ministry wants to celebrate the birthdays of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Hindu Mahasabha leader Madan Mohan Malviya by observing 'good governance day' on December 25. The BJP government wants CBSE to carry out various activities, like an essay competition, so that students' participation increases.

Although CBSE has not communicated this to its affiliated schools yet, the Union government-run Navodaya Vidyalays have issued a circular to their schools. The Navodaya schools operate in rural areas on the lines of Kendriya Vidyalayas, and are affiliated to CBSE. The Navodaya circular says CBSE will be organizing an essay competition on December 24 and 25, the topics for which will be declared on December 23.

The essay competition will be held separately for standards I-V, standards VI-VIII and standards IX-X. Navodaya commissioner GS Bothyal has asked schools to conduct quiz competitions, screen documentaries on best practices in good governance and perform other related activities on Christmas.

While there won't be a Christmas holiday for Navodaya schools, the central board hasn't given any direction to private CBSE schools yet. It is also not clear whether staying open on Christmas would be mandatory for such schools.

A senior CBSE official told TOI that asking schools to remain open on Christmas Day would be tricky, especially if they are Christian schools. "I have been told about December 24 and that is still being worked out. Schools have not been informed anything yet," the official added.

Adhering to the ministry's plan would throw the schools' vacation schedule off-course. Almost all CBSE schools in the country start their winter vacations from either December 23 or 24. CBSE is expected to make an announcement on the matter soon.

Narendra Modi pays tribute to Hindu Mahasabha leader Madan Mohan Malviya's statue in Varanasi during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. Madan Mohan Malviya's birthday falls on December 25.

Another senior CBSE official said conducting just the essay competition might not require schools to remain open. "As the format of our 'expression series' gives the option of submitting essays online, this vacation issue can be resolved. But if something more, like on-ground activities, has to be done then it is going to be a problem," he said.

'Unfair to Christian students'

A school principal from Nagpur expressed concern that the HRD ministry's plan would be unfair to students belonging to the Christian community. "The day has religious importance which will be inconvenient for Christian staff and students," said the principal.

India's 11th Prime Minister and BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee's birthday falls on December 25. (Getty Images file photo)

Some other principals said the contest was wrongly timed. "The schools will close for Christmas vacation from December 24 or earlier. The students will be busy with their plans for the vacation and participation may be very low. The government could celebrate the day on December 25 but contests for the schools should have been scheduled earlier to avoid a clash with the festival and vacation," said a CBSE school principal, on condition of anonymity.

Union HRD minister Smriti Irani.

It also discriminated against a minority community since December 25 was the most important day of the year for Christians in India and across the world, he added.

Schools will be able to submit their best performances both online and offline. Best 36 entries will be awarded Rs 2,500 and a certificate.

Source:
Govt wants schools to observe ‘good governance day’ on Christmas - TOI | The Times of India Mobile Site

My thought:
Slowly but surely this Government is showing its dirty, communal, fascist face to the world. Earlier BJP goons were spreading terror in the name of 'Ghar Wapasi' and doing forcible conversions. Now they have resorted to slyly use 'Good Governance Day' excuse to abolish Christmas holidays.

Sach much achhe din aa gaye. I think we have another Hitler in the making. Gone is the dream of vibrant and progressive India in the dumps. Brace up Christians, Muslims and all other Minorities to be treated like Jews were treated in Germany.
Spare us the sob stories please. We all have jobs to do.

Back
Top Bottom