What's new

Mixed-race Rola changing the DNA of Japanese pop culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg

She's a product of Japanese, Bangladeshi and Russian genes. :smitten:

In celebrity-obsessed Japan with its conveyor belt of 15-minute stars, fashion icon Rola is blazing a meteoric trail at the forefront of a galaxy of mixed-race stars changing the DNA of Japanese pop culture.
Turn on the TV and there's no escaping the bubbly 24-year-old of Bengali, Japanese and Russian descent-she even dominates the commercial breaks.
A marketing gold mine, Rola smiles down celestially from giant billboards, her wide eyes and girlie pout grace magazine covers and she even greets you at vending machines.

But Rola, who settled in Japan when she was nine, has done it by turning the entertainment industry on its head, her child-like bluntness slicing through the strict convention that governs Japanese society.

"Whenever people told me to speak politely, I never worried about it," she told AFP in an interview. "I'm not talking down to anyone. I'm not a comedian, it's just how I am. It's just being open-hearted and trying to make people open theirs."

But it is not just her quirky charm that is breaking down barriers. Japan's largely mono-ethnic society-a culture where skin whitening creams are still huge business-has long been mirrored by its entertainment industry.

Rola and host of others are beginning to change that.

Half-British singer and actress Becky is another superstar with model looks and a huge fan base in Japan, while half-French newscaster Christel Takigawa helped Tokyo win the 2020 Olympic vote as the city's ambassador for "cool".

Their rise to fame mirrors a shift in attitudes in Japan, which only opened its doors to the outside world in the middle of the 19th century and where foreigners-those without Japanese nationality, even if they were born here-make up less than two percent of a population of 127 million.

rola2.jpeg

rola.jpg

20120730_rola_gindaco1.jpg

Cute, indeed. I must say. Nay, she's just down-right gorgeous. :kiss3:

fun8FMZ.jpg

ROLA+MTV+Video+Music+Japan+2012+Red+Carpet+pj3yAZ-Fo8kl.jpg

ROLA+MTV+Video+Music+Japan+2012+Red+Carpet+BhXgOr9NGMAl.jpg
holy shit:devil::devil::devil::devil:

and yet whites are the ones coming up with the theory of relativity and sending people to the moon also developing nukes before any other nation
japanese are really talented people but your arguments are incredibly stupid and racist

lmao, only because they copied Chinese technology and then used it to kill unarmed women and children all around the world. Everyone else's "geniuses" were too busy trying to fight off the plague of white murderers trying to kick their doors down.

Another example of how Central Asian and East Asian produces beauty: Yu Darvish
Yu Darvish, who is half Japanese and half Persian-Pakistani. His full name is Sefat Farid Yu Darvish. He currently plays for the Texas Rangers.

170876782_8.jpg

yu_darvish.jpg

yu_darvish_30_large.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

What I mean is that it doesn't even bother devoting a chapter for the dynasty,the preface also mentions Huangdi,Yu,Zhou kings and Shu Pan does that mean they are Vietnamese?:cheesy:

You just dug your own grave,大越史略 doesn't mention the size of Van Lang,and fails to mention Xich Quy.

Repeat your lies as many times as you want nothing will change reality.

You can't even read your own history in its purest form,no wonder you always seek to distort it.

hey, don't try to troll.

大越史略 said about Van Lang and Hung King. Hung King received delegate of Gou Jian 越王句踐. It means Van lang and Wo Yue were neighboring countries.:enjoy:

Problem is that Min Yue people don't have their own history book, bro.:woot:

An Indian-Taiwanese mix turned out quite well too :P

To be honest, I think East Asian - South Asian mixtures are one of the best. The children come out very, very beautiful !

Taking the best of both races and making into one. ;):-)

To be honest, I think East Asian - South Asian mixtures are one of the best. The children come out very, very beautiful !

Taking the best of both races and making into one. ;):-)

My cousin married an Asian (idk which kind she is but East Asian for sure). Their 2 kids are super super cute. Nice eyes, light brown hair, nose with connecting nasal bridge.

So beautiful ! They would be considered "Handsome Mixed Race" in my country. I love how they have very distinct East Asian face features, yet have freckles, and green eyes, and very prominent nasal bridge that is common in Caucasians. Beautiful ! Pakistan's Hazara people !

嶺南摭怪 is not history and 大越史略 doesn't mention the Hung Kings.
I think it's like deja vu with Eat Si. Van Damn dynasty? WTF is that?

:lol:

and yet whites are the ones coming up with the theory of relativity and sending people to the moon also developing nukes before any other nation
japanese are really talented people but your arguments are incredibly stupid and racist
Actually I think it was a Jew that came up with the theory of relativity.

So beautiful ! They would be considered "Handsome Mixed Race" in my country. I love how they have very distinct East Asian face features, yet have freckles, and green eyes, and very prominent nasal bridge that is common in Caucasians. Beautiful ! Pakistan's Hazara people !

In terrorist attack brother survived but sister died :(

1545843_709266502451310_2107079497_n.jpg

12097540565_28bec88c24.jpg

Here is a Japanese-Pakistani girl in Japan:

hapa72.jpg

This man is half Japanese , half Pakistani; he's 100% Japanese national tho. :) :-)
tumblr_lphereKxrO1qhwdcyo1_500.jpg

They dont looked mixed...
Another example of how Central Asian and East Asian produces beauty: Yu Darvish
Yu Darvish, who is half Japanese and half Persian-Pakistani. His full name is Sefat Farid Yu Darvish. He currently plays for the Texas Rangers.

170876782_8.jpg

yu_darvish.jpg

yu_darvish_30_large.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

I had a class fellow.. his mother was thai... he looked pretty much like him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom