MMRCA Deal By March 2014: IAF Deputy Chief

skysthelimit

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
MMRCA Deal By March 2014: IAF Deputy Chief

rafale.JPG

The MMRCA fighter deal will be signed within this financial year, Air Marshal S. Sukumar, Deputy Chief of Air Staff has said today. He was speaking at the 8th International Conference on Energising Indian Aerospace Conference jointly organized by Confederation of Indian Industry, Indian Air Force & Centre for Air Power Studies in New Delhi.

Livefist: MMRCA Deal By March 2014

March seems to be a favorite month for our defence officials. Didn't we hear in 2012 that the deal will be finalized by March 2013?

Yes we should sign this in this financial year itself so that the new government can start fresh with its refined defence plans without much burden that are carried over from the present one.

If it is postponed until after December 2013, MMRCA would be more murky than it is now. I am thinking of news when India would need to return several hundred billions by December 2013. Also after Indian Elections, if Modi gets in, India is likely to carry on with internal projects like MCA and AMCA. Again this is as per Modi's statement in which he considers Indian defense infrastructure sufficient to meet defense requirements.

Called this, I've been saying for how many months now, this deal WILL be signed before the end of the current fiscal year FOR SURE. I had been hoping it would be done before the end of this calendar year but oh well........

These kind of deals are not transferred to new govt. ,could be earlier than march.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the death of the lead negotiator ...

I think IAF might going to ruin..... Only Transport wing can perform well.

As rumours say:
30 C-17s
20+ C-130Js
12 C-130Js
76-85 C-27Js

I think IAF might going to ruin..... Only Transport wing can perform well.

As rumours say:
30 C-17s
20+ C-130Js
12 C-130Js
76-85 C-27Js

why don't you be online with your other ID??

This is first public statement by a senior official from IAF and hope it scilences the critics and sceptics of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom