What's new

MOD Body to monitor HTT-40 Progress, first flight later this year say HAL

ptltejas

Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK (INN)

PSC-HTT-40.jpg

Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) fought hard with Indian air force and Ministry of defence (MOD) to Save Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40 (HTT-40) aircraft project from been dropped in favor of imported Pilatus PC-7 Mk II aircrafts which are already used by Indian air force as a Basic trainer aircraft (BTA) to provide basic training at Air Force Academy (AFA).

But going by past record of HAL and the mess Indian air force is in due to delays in Intermediate jet trainer (IJT) project which already has missed Seven Internal deadlines and failed to get Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) last year, DAC on request of Indian air force will now appoint a Ministry of defence (MOD) Committee which closely monitor the project and will report all progress to Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) .

Sources close to idrw.org have confirmed about such development and HAL will need to deliver the stated requirements on time and at an affordable cost as demanded by IAF. HAL officials are confident that the first aircraft will make its first flight later this year and will be ready to enter Production by 2018. HAL already has completed work on Ground Test Air-frame and also has developed few air-frame structure for the first aircraft.

HAL already has selected Honeywell Aerospace’s reliable TPE331 turboprop engine to power HTT-40 aircrafts, India also licences manufacture them in India since they also used to power Dornier Do 228 transport aircrafts which have proved their mettle in Indian conditions and reliability of engines might calm some nerves in IAF. But experts feel this might be last chance for HAL to get its act together any failure will mean HAL will be limited to development of Helicopter Division in future.

MOD Body to monitor HTT-40 Progress, first flight later this year say HAL | idrw.org
idrw.org | Facebook

Okay, so first flight is later this year. But will it land or crash!!!!

Why not simply buy Super Tacano instead of trying to replicate it?

Because buying doesn't make you a superpower; knowledge to make yourself in times of wars does.

In the time of war, the babus will throw their hands and feet in the air and tell you that 60% of the stuff was imported in this made it ourselves haath ka pankha.

In the time of war, the babus will throw their hands and feet in the air and tell you that 60% of the stuff was imported in this made it ourselves haath ka pankha.

60% will get reduced with order in numbers

This is a trainer aircraft, it doesn't need an AESA radar.

Did you even read my first post? I stated this plane and Tejas both look crap. Of course, you don't need AESA on this. You don't need a great looking plane either. But if you hope to capture a piece of the global market, aesthetics plays a role regardless. The shape of the plane plays a critical role and factor in aerodynamics. You are never going to gather praise for our tech developments if it looks like shit. If you catering solely to the Indian market, i guess it doesn't matter.....just thought we were capable of much more.

Did you even read my first post? I stated this plane and Tejas both look crap. Of course, you don't need AESA on this. You don't need a great looking plane either. But if you hope to capture a piece of the global market, aesthetics plays a role regardless. The shape of the plane plays a critical role and factor in aerodynamics. You are never going to gather praise for our tech developments if it looks like shit. If you catering solely to the Indian market, i guess it doesn't matter.....just thought we were capable of much more.
Bhai mere, when we are ourselves hungry what's the point of offering it to the world.

I will surely take your words for it, of course hundreds of hour on aerodynamic simulations and wind tunnel tests are moot in comparison to your knowledge on aerodynamics.

Bhai mere, when we are ourselves hungry what's the point of offering it to the world.

I hear you bro...Just wanted better even for us. But I guess if it does the job, its good enough.

I will surely take your words for it, of course hundreds of hour on aerodynamic simulations and wind tunnel tests are moot in comparison to your knowledge on aerodynamics.

I guess I'll ask my eyes to become blind. So I guess in terms of design, Tejas and this trainer must be the best in the world.

Flowers wont make a difference. The planes are already obsolete. Sad to say and hard to digest. The planes are 3.5 gen
Do you really except a trainer to be fifth generation, with all weapons loaded??

Sorry m8 I reckon you are from 2150 because this doesn't happen in 2015

People who design planes are trained professionals, they know their job,they know every aspect of every frame you put it.
Either you should join them or if you don't have the knowledge to be one among them,then stop talking crap coz you agree talking all bs.

Back
Top Bottom