Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortana

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Monkey invasion at Chennai airport
monkey.jpg

CHENNAI: If you are flying in to or out of Chennai airport, make sure that you clutch your bag close to you. A monkey, one of the two male primates that created a ruckus in the domestic lounge on Sunday, is still having a free run.

A three-member team from the forest department did monkey acts, literally, to capture one of the animals on Sunday night. They have kept a cage with fruits as bait for the second one which is hiding inside a false ceiling at the old domestic terminal.

Airport officials said they spotted the two monkeys on Sunday evening at security hold area of the departure floor of the new building near gate 1. There was no passenger movement as it was a secluded area. The airport authorities called the Velachery forest range office. Three anti-poaching experts soon came and devised a plan. They placed bananas on the floor and imitated the behavior of the two monkeys in an attempt to get close to them. They ran, jumped, scratched their heads and backs and even tried to climb up the railings, like the monkeys.
After hopping around for several hours at the lounge, one of them got near enough to grab a monkey by its neck with his bare hands when it jumped on the floor to pick up a banana. "That was the only way to catch them," said the expert. "Since there were two monkeys, it might be difficult catch them if we place a cage or carry handheld instruments." The captured monkey was later released.

Two anti-poaching watchers were still waiting at the lounge with a cage as of late Monday evening hoping that the other primate would walk in through the grilled gate of the cage where they had placed fruits. Officials said the second monkey is hiding inside a false ceiling in the old domestic terminal building, portion of which is lined to the new building and is used to route passengers to aerobridges for boarding."It looks like it is tired and is not coming down because forest staff caught and packed the other monkey in a gunny bag in front of it," an airport official said. "There is no chance for the monkey to go into the operations area where flights are parked," he said.

Forest ranger S Davidraj said the monkeys must have come from the neighbouring Tirusulum hills. This is the first time monkeys have entered the airport. The spot where the second monkey was seen last was the same place where a cat chased and caught a pigeon last year. Airport authorities closed many openings on the roof of the building after passengers complained about pigeons.

Monkey invasion at Chennai airport - The Times of India

Koi zaroori nahi hai waise, jam ke khajoor, ande, aur meat khilao, to 13-14 me bhi kabhi kabhi quality material mil jata hai.

just a clue to mauritania/africa culture... ( Finding Neverland: Forced Feeding and Fattening Tradition in Mauritania. )...
then, like any normal teen, she rebelled, prompting her husband to divorce her. Newly single, she was flooded with romantic offers. "I suddenly saw how much Mauritanian men adore very fat women. Men told me I had the most beautiful body in town, and they fought over me." With her huge eyes and charismatic smile, Zeinebou would be a great beauty whatever her size.

But the male reaction to her figure transformed her self-image. "When I realized the power I had over men, I started to enjoy being fat." Zeinebou's current boyfriend, Baba Slama, 29, who is, like many Mauritanian men, rail-thin, agrees that she's in charge. "She's gorgeous; I love her," he says.

"How will these poor girls find a husband if they're bony and revolting?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom