What's new

More than 40 per cent of China's online sales 'counterfeit or bad quality'

yolo2016

Reaction score
Country
India
@TaiShang :china::omghaha: And the reputation continues...

More than 40 per cent of goods sold online in China last year were either counterfeits or of bad quality, the official Xinhua news agency said, illustrating the extent of a problem that has bogged down the fast-growing online sector.

According to the report, which was delivered to China's top MPs on Monday, just under 59 percent of items sold online last year were "genuine or of good quality", Xinhua said.

China has been trying to shake off a notoriety for pirated and counterfeit goods, which has for a long time been a major headache for global brands targeting the Chinese market from iPhone maker Apple Inc to luxury retailer LVMH.

fake-apple-store-c_3451307b.jpg

Fake Apple store in Shenzhen, China

Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has been lobbying to stay off a US blacklist for fakes after coming under renewed pressure this year over suspected counterfeits sold on its shopping platforms.

The report called for "accelerated legislation in e-commerce, improved supervision and clarification of consumers' rights and sellers' responsibilities".

copycat-apple-stor_3451308b.jpg

Not the real deal: inside a copycat Apple Store in Shenzhen

It added these were needed due to the rapid emergence of online sales, which grew 40 percent last year to 2.8 trillion yuan (£285 billion).

China wants to boost protection for consumers online, where there is still a lot of uncertainty about how consumers can claim compensation or hold online vendors to account.

fake-apple-store-c_3451311b.jpg

A fake Apple store sets up shop ahead of the launch of the new iPhone

The report added customer complaints about online orders hit 77,800 last year, a steep jump of 356.6 per cent against 2013.

More than 40 per cent of China's online sales 'counterfeit or bad quality' - Telegraph

Taobao sells fake goods, JD and Tmall (b2c of Taobao) sells genuine goods.

Everyone knows if you pay 30 RMB for a pair of *nike* sneakers on Taobao you aren't getting the real thing.

There is a reason to be wary of really cheap and "nice" items on individual posted e-commerce site such as taobao or ebay. There is very little to guarantee the quality. Hence it is important to go to credible sites and sellers even if it may seem to cost you a bit more money. You get what you paid for. That is true no matter which part of the world you are in.

Improvement method will be more adequate regulations and laws for online activities. It is not limited to e-commerce either. Internet has been flourishing for more than two decades now around the world and we still have a lot of problem to iron out.

There is a reason to be wary of really cheap and "nice" items on individual posted e-commerce site such as taobao or ebay. There is very little to guarantee the quality. Hence it is important to go to credible sites and sellers even if it may seem to cost you a bit more money. You get what you paid for. That is true no matter which part of the world you are in.

Improvement method will be more adequate regulations and laws for online activities. It is not limited to e-commerce either. Internet has been flourishing for more than two decades now around the world and we still have a lot of problem to iron out.

Please don't group ebay with the chinese vendors. Ebay standards and controls are extremely high. Your so called reputable sites mentioned in article.

Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has been lobbying to stay off a US blacklist for fakes after coming under renewed pressure this year over suspected counterfeits sold on its shopping platforms

Your so called reputable sites mentioned in article

Hence the part "seller". Alibaba is like Amazon or e-bay. It doesn't sell the product themselves, it is a platform for other sellers to sell their product. Oh, and also this "suspected counterfeits sold on its shopping platforms". I highly doubt your 40% is refer to Alibaba. There is, of course, the political side to it, there is a plenty of reasons American companies want Alibaba gone and I will leave it at that.

Hence the part "seller". Alibaba is like Amazon or e-bay. It doesn't sell the product themselves, it is a platform for other sellers to sell their product. Oh, and also this "suspected counterfeits sold on its shopping platforms". I highly doubt your 40% is refer to Alibaba. There is, of course, the political side to it, there is a plenty of reasons American companies want Alibaba gone and I will leave it at that.

Again with the paid conspiracies. Your platform Alibaba makes money off these transactions and has low standards of checks and balances. Nobody wants your Alibaba gone, U.S consumers buy plenty of Chinese garbage.

AND you are institutionally this way . Chinese banks a haven for Web counterfeits - LA Times

@TaiShang another link for you above :D

@TaiShang :china::omghaha: And the reputation continues...

More than 40 per cent of goods sold online in China last year were either counterfeits or of bad quality, the official Xinhua news agency said, illustrating the extent of a problem that has bogged down the fast-growing online sector.

According to the report, which was delivered to China's top MPs on Monday, just under 59 percent of items sold online last year were "genuine or of good quality", Xinhua said.

China has been trying to shake off a notoriety for pirated and counterfeit goods, which has for a long time been a major headache for global brands targeting the Chinese market from iPhone maker Apple Inc to luxury retailer LVMH.

fake-apple-store-c_3451307b.jpg

Fake Apple store in Shenzhen, China

Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has been lobbying to stay off a US blacklist for fakes after coming under renewed pressure this year over suspected counterfeits sold on its shopping platforms.

The report called for "accelerated legislation in e-commerce, improved supervision and clarification of consumers' rights and sellers' responsibilities".

copycat-apple-stor_3451308b.jpg

Not the real deal: inside a copycat Apple Store in Shenzhen

It added these were needed due to the rapid emergence of online sales, which grew 40 percent last year to 2.8 trillion yuan (£285 billion).

China wants to boost protection for consumers online, where there is still a lot of uncertainty about how consumers can claim compensation or hold online vendors to account.

fake-apple-store-c_3451311b.jpg

A fake Apple store sets up shop ahead of the launch of the new iPhone

The report added customer complaints about online orders hit 77,800 last year, a steep jump of 356.6 per cent against 2013.

More than 40 per cent of China's online sales 'counterfeit or bad quality' - Telegraph
I suggest a boycott of all Chinese products.

No wait, this just in China is the biggest trade partner of the US?! China is also the biggest trading nation in the world?!

You're right, the Chinese reputation does continue.

No wait, this just in China is the biggest trade partner of the US?! China is also the biggest trading nation in the world?!

It so contradicting. Haters acccuse China product as counterfeit and bad quality and yet made in China thing sold the most than any other countries produced. I think the volume speaks for itself. China product is one of the reason for keeping most things inflation low. I still remember before laptop and desktop are made in China, a laptop will cost $3k-4k for for a decent spec. Now , it cost about $700-$1.5k for the same thing.

Cheap goods always has its buyers. But why would you be proud of counterfeit and fake goods reputation?

I will buy a counterfeit leather wallets if it 60 % cheaper in price. Depend on on what kind of counterfeit you are buying, such as brand name clothes or shoes are waste of money to spend on, I will choose to buy a 10 US dollar knock off Nike instead of paying for 100 dollars for a pair of Nike. Brand name Nike are also making in China or in other Asian country, I be happy to pay 10 dollars for a knock off and save me 90 dollars.

Cheap goods always has its buyers. But why would you be proud of counterfeit and fake goods reputation?

Cheap goods always has its buyers, so what's the rest of the developing world's problem? Too good?

As to why I am proud of it, why indeed. It's almost as if the money we get that we spent on social programs, infrastructure, and education are all so satisfying, but I don't know. Maybe being a proud hobo is more satisfying, never experienced it.

Why don't you ask that Filipino buddy of yours that just up voted your post how he feels.

It so contradicting. Haters acccuse China product as counterfeit and bad quality and yet made in China thing sold the most than any other countries produced. I think the volume speaks for itself. China product is one of the reason for keeping most things inflation low. I still remember before laptop and desktop are made in China, a laptop will cost $3k-4k for for a decent spec. Now , it cost about $700-$1.5k for the same thing.

What can you do, some people live in a fantasy land. Too proud to do anything, not knowing who they are actually in the world.

Cheap goods always has its buyers, so what's the rest of the developing world's problem? Too good?

As to why I am proud of it, why indeed. It's almost as if the money we get that we spent on social programs, infrastructure, and education are all so satisfying, but I don't know. Maybe being a proud hobo is more satisfying, never experienced it.

Why don't you ask that Filipino buddy of yours that just up voted your post how he feels..

I asked you why you're proud of the counterfeit and fake goods reputation, and you produce that incomprehensible gibberish above?

OR are you saying you're proud of your thieves, because they spend the money they earn from such acts on social programs and education :rofl:

Copycat counterfeit is Chinese culture, dont try to say it is negative or the whole Chinese comes here and tear you apart.

I asked you why you're proud of the counterfeit and fake goods reputation, and you produce that incomprehensible gibberish above?

OR are you saying you're proud of your thieves, because they spend the money they earn from such acts on social programs and education :rofl:
If what I wrote is gibberish to you, you need to go back to school. Don't bother responding, ignored. You can't even hold an interesting conversation, or a conversation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom