What's new

Most Chinese wary about what they eat: Study

Holmes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most Chinese:china: wary about what they eat: Study

Beijing, May 31 (IANS) Most Chinese are wary about what they eat because of the frequent exposure of contaminated food products, according to a study.

A poll shows most people have a negative view of food safety in China, with more than 70 percent saying they feel "unsafe".

The study, conducted by Shanghai Institute for Food and Drug Safety and East China University of Science and Technology, was released Wednesday.

It aims to find information on how the public looks at the country's food safety issues, and to provide guidance for policymakers, the official People's Daily reported Thursday.

The questionnaire study involved 4,000 people in eight cities.

In their overall judgment on the country's food safety, 73 percent said they believe the food is unsafe[B/], of which 27.8 percent chose "extremely unsafe".

"Such a negative attitude on food safety issues is caused by the continuous exposure of food safety scandals in recent years, which deal a blow to public confidence," said Ruan Zanlin, a food safety expert from the East China University of Science and Technology.
Most Chinese wary about what they eat: Study

....compared to India where a major portion of the population (Larger then the entire population of Africa) don't get anything at all to eat (I.e they die due to starvation).
Why do you need to bring India into a discussion about China, I fail to understand.......:disagree:
STICK to the TOPIC

In fact, improvement in our live will lead these, we will pay more attention on our food, and the negative news about food provoke the worry, it is inevitable! And everybody know that China has too much delicious food, even chinese can't resist it temptation, me too. Chinese like spending much money on varity of snacks, which are easily vulnerable to be contaiminated!!

I believe our government is in the process of revamping the health ministries and bring them up to modern standards. Laying out stricter rules, better enforcements and educate the public/food merchants. We should leave no stone unturned to insure food safety and the the well beings of our citizens.

How can you do not worry when they made cooking oil like this:
A factory in the city of Dongguan in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong has been caught producing "peanut" cooking oil that does not contain any trace of peanuts and may cause men's testes to shrink and lead to infertility, reports Hong Kong-based newspaper the Sun.
Peanut scare: Fake Chinese cooking oil may shrink testes

Back
Top Bottom