What's new

Mumbai attackers got internal help: Modi

s90

Reaction score
NEW DELHI, Feb 8: Indian politics was stranded between a hawk and a turncoat on Sunday, when its chief ideologue for military solutions against terrorism, which mostly also includes Islamabad, suddenly blamed “internal help” for Mumbai’s November nightmare. The ruling Congress party, missing the message, found itself unable to row back from its politically risky standoff with Pakistan.

As senior Congress leaders continued to chart a hawkish course against Pakistan for the Nov 26 attacks, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Singh Modi, a mentor of national jingoism, hinted at an internal hand in the terror strikes.“If we single out that one incident (of Mumbai attacks) and ask any person in this country, even with basic information and knowledge they will say that such a big terror attack on India cannot take place without any internal help from the nation itself,” Mr Modi told a national meeting of the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Nagpur.

“I want to know who is stopping them from taking action...This is because of vote bank politics,” Mr Modi told BJP’s National Council meeting alleging that all policies of the ruling coalition are driven by the appeasement of Indian Muslims.

The communal barb notwithstanding, Mr Modi’s claim is expected to considerably ease the pressure on Pakistan. Some analysts felt his comments were similar to the leaked findings into the Mumbai incident which Pakistan has concluded and may make public any time.

Mr Modi’s comments came three weeks after he attacked the Congress party-led coalition government for asking Pakistan to accept the statement of Ajmal Amir Kasab, lone terrorist caught alive for Mumbai attacks, as proof of what happened and how India itself “does not have a similar provision under its laws” to accept a confession made to police.

Talking of zero tolerance to terrorism, he regretted that the last few years had witnessed a series of such incidents.

Analysts said Mr Modi’s new theory on the November attacks contradicts India’s official position. India has maintained that the conspiracy was entirely plotted in Pakistan. In fact, India has supplied a dossier of “proof” to Pakistan making the same point.

“Mr Modi’s remarks, though an attempt to politicise the attacks along communal lines, is poorly timed as they have been made just 24 hours ahead of Pakistan’s reply to the 26/11 dossier of proof,” said one Indian report.

“The Pakistani establishment will look at Modi’s statement very carefully as it provides them the necessary room to evade taking direct responsibility for the 26/11 attacks.”

In New Delhi, the Congress president Sonia Gandhi issued a veiled warning to Pakistan, saying those abetting terrorism in India from across the borders will be given a “befitting reply” and they should not construe New Delhi’s “restraint” as weakness.

Describing terrorism as one of the major challenges, Ms Gandhi said:

“The recent barbaric terror attacks of Mumbai and Assam remind us of the pain we are going through. But we have no doubt that we will overcome this difficult situation.”

Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is due to hold discussions in Dhaka on Monday with the new Bangladeshi government, was expected to raise the issue of terrorism allegedly emanating from there. India has not publicly accepted Pakistani reports that a Bangladesh-based group could be involved in the Mumbai attacks.

Speaking at a conclave of Congress district and block level office-bearers in New Delhi, and evidently unmindful of Mr Modi’s latest views on Mumbai, Mr Mukherjee warned that India had kept all options open to deal with terrorism he believes emanates from Pakistan.

“Perpetrators of (Mumbai) terror attacks must be punished. Nobody should think that this country is helpless and cannot tackle the situation arising out of terrorism,” Mr Mukherjee said.

“I repeat all options are open,” he said and asserted that terrorism would be fought with “courage and fortitude”.

“This menace has to be confronted and we are exactly doing that.”

He said India had asked Pakistan to fulfil its own commitments that terrorists would not use its land.

“Don’t try to divert the attention of the international community. Take corrective measures and don’t think that you can simply shirk this responsibility,” he told Pakistan.

Hay Modi u r talkg to promote your position and that is O.K. as long as u speak the truth.. for once u done this, let us see if u can do it again. Though your record is tarnished due to your known and less than honorable acts, let us see if u can change that.

Last edited:
Video : News-Videos-The Times of India

Pakistan claims elements in India assisted in Mumbai attacks: Pak media

ISLAMABAD: Giving a new twist to probe into Mumbai attacks, Pakistan is now alleging that there were "elements in India" who helped carry out the
strikes and wants its investigators to be provided access to them.

"There is a strong realization in Pakistani security agencies that without the help of elements in India, the Mumbai crime could have not been committed," official sources were quoted as saying by the Dawn newspaper on Tuesday.

In what could further delay the prosecution of Mumbai attackers, the paper said Pakistan is also seeking DNA samples of the terrorists involved in the strikes and more information about contacts made by them through the internet.

Pakistan’s investigation report into the Mumbai attacks, which was reviewed on Monday at a meeting of the Defence Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, would be sent to New Delhi in a couple of days, the paper quoted these officials.

In its report, Pakistan has sought results of DNA tests on Ajmal Kasab and the nine other attackers killed by Indian security forces so that these could be matched with their family members, if any, in Pakistan, the sources said.

Pakistan wants information about weapons used by the terrorists and details of mobile phone calls made by them and taped by Indian security agencies.

Pakistan also wants information regarding IP addresses from which emails were sent to attackers by the alleged perpetrators, the sources said.

It wants India to provide details about people who were reportedly killed by the terrorists when they illegally entered the country's territorial waters.

The Pakistan government on Monday decided to register a case against the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks to bring them to justice in accordance with Pakistani laws.

An FIR would be registered in a "couple of days" and this would also make the contents of the Pakistani report public, the paper said quoting sources.

The government has described the information provided by India as "insufficient" to reach a logical conclusion and to bring the perpetrators to justice.

An official statement issued on Monday said further queries would soon be sent to India.

I don't think anyone has refuted the obvious possibility of local collaboration; nor have the domestic law enforcement and intelligence agencies ceased to pursue leads.

Is he Targeting Indian Muslims ????

Looks like most of you people are thinking Modi as a Mass murderer of Muslims,even India People are thinking in that way.But why we forget he is elected by people for 3rd time as the Chief Minister. These votes did not come only from the side of Hindus and its not Pakistan that military going to announce the election result.

He has achieved a lot more than what a politician could do for the people who elected him.If you find some time please Google about his development plans for Gujarat.

I completely agree with what Modi says,There must have been some internal help for these attacks,they should be identified ....

its not Pakistan that military going to announce the election result.

Another Troll with Full of Arrogance,Denial and Lack Of Knowledge.

Tell me Just one Election when Results were announced by the Military Of Pakistan. For Your Kind Information That Never Happened.

You hide the truth and Facts with a Big Banner that says "World Biggest Democracy". We have seen Your Real Face of Democracy Many Times.

Another Troll with Full of Arrogance,Denial and Lack Of Knowledge.

Tell me Just one Election when Results were announced by the Military Of Pakistan. For Your Kind Information That Never Happened.

You hide the truth and Facts with a Big Banner that says "World Biggest Democracy". We have seen Your Real Face of Democracy Many Times.

Actually I meant military has edge over civilian administration in Pakistan .You can please share the reality if you disagree with this,I am also very eager to know if I am wrong.Our media has given us this kind of perception.

About our election,Please never say its manipulated by anyone.If you like to know about this Please google about the power of Election Commission during election time,I request you please not to post any link to violence during election.We have 1 billion population and there might be lot of violence but if you compare with the population that would be very small which is again controlled and decided by Election commission.

Actually I meant military has edge over civilian administration in Pakistan .You can please share the reality if you disagree with this,I am also very eager to know if I am wrong.Our media has given us this kind of perception.

About our election,Please never say its manipulated by anyone.If you like to know about this Please google about the power of Election Commission during election time,I request you please not to post any link to violence during election.We have 1 billion population and there might be lot of violence but if you compare with the population that would be very small which is again controlled and decided by Election commission.

Dude You said Results are announced By Pakistan Army, Dude it never Happened, Results are always annouced by the election Commission of Pakistan and NOT by the Army, If you say Pakistan Army manipulates the Results....well Army could have done that in 1971 and could have easily forced Awami League out but that was not the case.

Please get over this Indian Media BS and Hype.

I will agree with you on one Point that when Civilian Govt Fails Military Takes over so Military had an Edge on Civilian Govt. I used "had" because now Army is Full Control of Civilian Govt of Pakistan elected by the People and Pakistan Army is out of the Politics for now and i hope it will continue to do so.

In India you know very well how politicians Exploit small issues to Make vote Banks and MODI is just another Example.

I think his Statement was Meant for coming up Elections.

Looks like most of you people are thinking Modi as a Mass murderer of Muslims,even India People are thinking in that way.But why we forget he is elected by people for 3rd time as the Chief Minister. These votes did not come only from the side of Hindus and its not Pakistan that military going to announce the election result.

He has achieved a lot more than what a politician could do for the people who elected him.If you find some time please Google about his development plans for Gujarat.

I completely agree with what Modi says,There must have been some internal help for these attacks,they should be identified ....

wasent modi involved in the muslim genocide in gujrat?
stop living in denial man

NEW DELHI, Feb 11: The head of India’s elite National Security Guard (NSG) that spearheaded the counter-attack in Mumbai’s terror nightmare seems to have sown confusion here by claiming on Wednesday that Al Qaeda was among the groups involved in the attacks.

“The Mumbai terror attack was an audacious attempt by the Taliban, Al Qaeda and LeT combine to shape policies of three sovereign nations that include the oldest and the largest democracy,” NSG Director General J. K. Dutt told an international seminar organised by the National Bomb Data centre.

“There is growing concern over the convergence of the objectives of terrorist organisations such as Al Qaeda and LeT. The Mumbai terror attack of November 26 last year represents this convergence of interests,” Mr Dutt said.

Press Trust of India said the televised remarks had reportedly not gone well with the Home Ministry officials as “it could be seen as sensationalising the attack by bringing in Al Qaeda’s name”.

“Immediately, the NSG machinery swung into action for an apparent damage control,” PTI said, adding that the director general of the force himself was reported to have called the television reporters present at the seminar being held at Manesar, near the Indian capital, to “issue a clarification”.

In his clarification, he said the comments were made in the context of the global scenario of terrorism.

Mr Dutt will be demitting office at the end of this month. His comments came a day after a video recording showed a top Al Qaeda commander warning India of more Mumbai-style terror attacks if it tried to attack Pakistan.

Mr Dutt, who led the commando operation during Mumbai attacks, said: “With the resurgence of the Taliban the region astride the Durand line — the international border between Pakistan and Afghanistan — appears to be spiralling out of control as the writ of the law in the region is at best tenuous.

“The LeT has morphed from a Kashmir-centric terror group to a transnational terror group that aspires to fight Jihad across the globe.”

Back
Top Bottom