What's new

MURREE DECLARED CALAMITY HIT FOLLOWING DEATH OF 19 TOURISTS

ASKardar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RAWALPINDI: Murree was declared as the calamity-hit area on Saturday after 19 tourists died of cold with thousands of cars stuck in the hill station.

An emergency has been declared in Murree with the Pakistan Army and Rangers troops called in to help clear the traffic jam and get tourists out of the hill station.

The government has banned entry of tourists in Murree and Galiyat region to control the situation.

The Rawalpindi deputy commissioner tweeted that around 23,000 vehicles have been evacuated safely from Murree and around 1,000 are still stranded. The district administration is working round the clock to evacuate the remaining vehicles safely, he added.

Earlier today, Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed said 16 to 19 people have died of cold in cars stuck in Murree. He said five platoons of the Pakistan Army have been called in to help rescue the stranded tourists.

Information and Broadcasting Minister Fawad Chaudhry said hundreds of thousands of cars are heading towards Murree and other upper areas to enjoy snowfall.

It has become impossible for the local administration to provide facilities to such a large number of people, the minister said, urging people to postpone their trips to these areas for a few days.

https://arynews.tv/murree-declared-calamity-hit-following-death-of-19-tourists

How hard is it to develop a system to that only lets people in if they have a valid booking or a residence during peak seasons?

Oh Allah Reham, How did that happen ? I know Muree is a disaster when it comes to traffic and shops specially near mall road but really, 19 people died in cold without any help ?

Massive influx of tourists and extremely bad weather. Heavy snowfall along with traffic jam blocked roads for several kilometers with tens of thousands of cars.
إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُون.

People go to see the snow ill equipped and oll prepared.
Then to stay warm when they are stranded they close all windows and turn on heating. Rise in carbon monoxide and eventual death

Last edited:
Oh Allah Reham, How did that happen ? I know Muree is a disaster when it comes to traffic and shops specially near mall road but really, 19 people died in cold without any help ?
How hard is it to develop a system to that only lets people in if they have a valid booking or a residence during peak seasons?
Massive influx of tourists and extremely bad weather. Heavy snowfall along with traffic jam blocked roads for several kilometers with tens of thousands of cars.
إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُون.
Basically Murree had the same situation as in Virginia where people were stuck for 40 hours.
all of the paksitan rush to muree like headless chickens . common man whats over there on hill ? i think there should be a cable car from pindi to muree people go on it and come back . no cars should go to that hill . it must be cars free now .

People go to see the snow I'll equipped and I'll prepared.
Then to stay warm when they are stranded they close all windows and turn on heating. Rise in carbon monoxide and eventual death

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
all of the paksitan rush to muree like headless chickens . common man whats over there on hill ? i think there should be a cable car from pindi to muree people go on it and come back . no cars should go to that hill . it must be cars free now .
A funicular railway like the ones in Switzerland.

A funicular railway like the ones in Switzerland.
they should park cars in a parking and have a seat . parking can be paid and well secure . and a cable bus will be good and cheap idea to deliver them up .

1641632193656.png

they should park cars in a parking and have a seat . parking can be paid and well secure . and a cable bus will be good and cheap idea to deliver them up .

View attachment 806802
khan sabh ya awaam traffic burbad kar keh shop keh bahir gari khari karti hai takkay in nastion ko chalnay ki mushatak na karni paray aur app chaa rahay hain keh ya bagyr gari keh muree tak jain!! annjoy kesay karain gey! aur chalay bhi gaye toh murree keh Shakar inko 2 km keh 5000 charge karain gey unka kia!

khan sabh ya awaam traffic burbad kar keh shop keh bahir gari khari karti hai takkay in nastion ko chalnay ki mushatak na karni paray aur app chaa rahay hain keh ya bagyr gari keh muree tak jain!! annjoy kesay karain gey! aur chalay bhi gaye toh murree keh Shakar inko 2 km keh 5000 charge karain gey unka kia!
sir if muree became traffic free it will have more tourists . there are many places on earth where private cars not allowed .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom